Re: Monday BF 6/11

• Options
    @clbness those cucumbers, tho.  :p
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• Options
    @texas_t Girl, yes! I needed about 6 more of them though...it was a teaser!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    katy0990 said:
    My bf is that mylow tire pressure light will come on, DH will fill it with air, it will be fine for 2-3 weeks, and then the cycle repeats. I just do not feel like taking my 2 year old to wait at the mechanic tomorrow, but clearly the problem is not going to solve itself.

@texas_t I feel that way anytime I am not on here for a day or two. So many conversations and it’s so easy to fall behind. Glad to see you back!
    I had this issue too! So on Sunday, when i went to Sams Club to do some grocery shopping, i priced tires there... i got 4 new tires for the price i was quoted for two at another place! And they had them done by the time i was done shopping :)
  • Options

hkom said:
    @maureenmce I'm so sorry that you are still feeling terrible.  I am frustrated for you!

My BF is that neither of the grocery stores close to me carry kimchi, which I need specifically for dinner tonight but generally always want to have it in my house. One of the two stores had just one kind, and I can already tell it's going to be sub-par just by looking at it.   Looks like next time I need to plan ahead and do either the hour-plus round trip to the big international store, or the huge hassle trip to the market in downtown Cincinnati to get the good stuff.
    Oh i nees kimchi now...
  • Options

@clbness Oh my gosh, your friend sounds terrible!! I'd be dumping her. Daycares around here would turn your kid around and send them right back home if they threw up the previous afternoon, because of the 24 hour rule. Who does she think she is??? And doesn't she think that her SICK KID might want to be comforted and snuggled by her instead of sent off to daycare?!? I hate missing work and taking time off, but my child means WAY more to me than my job does. Also, how does she think that saying things like that to single people without kids is okay?! I wanted two kids by the time I was 30 but guess what? Infertility sucks and that didn't happen! I'll be 32 when I have my second kid and that's OKAY. Ugh. Seriously, I'd be dumping her. She sounds like more work than she's worth.

Also I just want to say it's nice to know that there are people who own in home daycares that can be trusted. If MIL can't watch this LO we're going to be sending him/her to a super expensive daycare that has cameras and more than one person on duty because I will NEVER trust an in home daycare again. :/

@katy0990 I am pretty sure that is a law everywhere, or at least it is here. If your child has a fever or throws up, they are not allowed back to daycare until they have been symptom free for 24 hours.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @lularoemama That is awesome that you were able to get them so much cheaper than you originally thought.  Luckily, mine was able to be plugged for $17 and it only took 30 min!
  • Options
    Why, WHY, did I decide to weigh myself this morning? I was really hoping to not gain as much weight this time around... but I've already gained 10 pounds  :(
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes The scale is just not a safe place to go during pregnancy.
  • Options
    @katy0990 the scale has NEVER been my friend.  I don't know why I thought it might be this time around. 
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Solidarity. My body just loves packing on the pounds when I’m pregnant, I guess. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes I have major issues with my body changes and weight gain during pregnancy. I use to be really overweight, I was 5'0" and weighed 125 pounds when I was 11. I lost a ton of weight and got down to 95 at that age. My highest weight since has been 117 (most muscle) and I'm 5'2". When I got pregnant with DS I was 111 and I gained 17 lbs while pregnant. I've already gained like three I think and I am really struggling. I know I shouldn't and it actually pisses my best friend off (who is overweight) when I stress over my weight. I know it sounds stupid even know, but because of being overweight when I was young I will ALWAYS struggle with weight/body image when gaining weight.

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie  I can completely understand why it would be a struggle for you. Everyone views their body differently.
  • Options
    @AdorkablePixie I feel the need to share this only because it's been on my mind a bit today. 
    I never want to down play your weight or body image issues, and your struggle as a child. But your post came off as a humble brag when you added in your weight and weight gain. 
    I am the same size as you and was mostly muscle, and worked out 4-5x a week until the last third of my pregnancy last time and gained your total of 17 lbs probably by week 18. 17 lbs total is also in the lower end of normal of weight gain for "normal bmi " women. I gained nearly 45 by practically looking at food. 
    Gaining 3 lbs so far is not really anything so far.  
    I say all of this partly because it bothered me and partly because if I remember correctly you had made a comment about your small size in another thread that someone else took as potentially offensive. So I guess, just watch how you say things since we can't tell time via internet. 
  • Options

@Jens_Hoes I wasn't bragging. I apologize. I keep forgetting how wrong things come off on the internet sometimes.

That thread your thinking of was the maternity clothes thread when I said I thought it was too early for maternity clothes  (I don't believe I said anything about my size but it's possible, I don't feel like going back to check). I had no idea that would have been offensive to anyone and wasn't meant to be offensive, I was just speaking from my experience (because that's all I had to go by..).

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @rosebud332 Yup, I definitely will not be mentioning my weight/size again in that way. It's too easy to offend people. Especially on the internet where things get lost in translation. I don't want to offend or hurt anyone's feelings!

• Options
    @AdorkablePixie I feel you though. Chubby kid growing up, and I got it under control in college. I’m never going to not obsess over my weight. 

But I also gained way more than the recommended amount during both my previous pregnancies. Idk I used to obsess over the weight gain threads and feel terrible to read that some people had only gained 3lbs so far or whatever. But I had to learn to just accept that I was going to gain more and it didn’t make sense to compare to other people. I’ll admit I still do it, I just try not to let it bother me so much anymore. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Re: weight. I hope no one takes this the wrong way...I'm actually having the opposite issue. I've lost quite a few pounds since being pregnant, mostly because of this GD diet being such a big change from my normal diet (which wasn't horrible to begin with, but now I can't have pasta or pizza lol). No one has really said it's a problem/concern yet, but I'm starting to wonder at what point there's an issue with how much weight I've lost. It's not something I'm trying to do, and hell I wish I lost weight like this when not pregnant because it's actually really hard for me to lose weight, but I would actually love to see the scale start to go up a couple pounds now that I'm 14 weeks...

My BF even though it's Thursday, I feel like I've been at the drs office every week since being pregnant, and it sucks. I hate GD and everything that goes along with it. I'll be starting insulin next Wednesday once at night, so that just adds to the hatred.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @runrinserepeat 100% to what you said. Slimmed up in college, now always obsessing. (Also my mom got gastric bypass so that’s on the back of my mind too.) My body loves to pack on the pounds when I’m pregnant. I just need to accept that. 

The good news is that I was reading back over my journals recently and I did lose a lot of the baby weight fairly quickly. So it’s nice to know that there is an end to all this and the weight won’t stay on forever. (Birthing a 9lb 4oz’er...helps? Hahaha.)

@rosebud332 I like your “no numbers” rule. I’m allowed to feel insecure (we all are! Our bodies are changing and expanding!) but I don’t want to make anyone feel bad, at the same time. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @CecilB93 women in my last BMB who had GD lost weight while pregnant as well, it seems par for the course.
    @rosebud332 that sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    @CecilB93 I am so sorry you are having to start insulin. That sucks. I am sure you will get used to it, but that is definitely not news anyone wants.
  • Options
    @morgantu I came over to mention the not owning a scale thing. My doctors record my weight at appointments, and sometimes if I’m at someone else’s house and see their scale while I’m using the bathroom I’ll step on it out of curiosity, but usually I don’t. 

I wanted to bring it up because, is that something that I should have when I have kids? (Question to anyone) Will their weight need to be tracked any more than at their check ups? I like not having one, it’s one less thing that I can’t obsess over. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 we don't put DS on the scale. I think the only reason you may need to track between appointments would be if there's concerns, but otherwise appointments are enough tracking to my knowledge.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @tumbleweed-1Seconding @CecilB93 -- I rarely weigh my son between appointments (occasionally I do it for no other reason than I'm curious). It can be easy to be caught up in the anxiety of "is my kid eating enough???" especially when they're newborns, but also when they're toddlers and only want to eat canned mandarin oranges for supper (true story from last night!). So if you don't even have a scale, noooo problem! There are other ways to tell your kid is getting adequate nutrition; namely, diaper output.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I’d agree that scales haven’t been needed in my house for the kids.

But- we have an aria2 and I weigh myself daily (it’s a habit) and my fit bit keeps track. My kids use it too, but because it’s fun for them to see numbers. My big’s goal is to be big so he is so excited to see the numbers. However he reads them backwards and doesn’t really understand much about it other than thinking he is growing up. 
  • Options
    We weigh the kids when we know they’re close to car seat limits. Otherwise that’s about it. 

When I don’t weigh myself regularly, I gain weight. When I don’t weigh myself regularly during pregnancy, I gain more. I know it becomes obsessive, but the alternative is losing all control. There is no happy medium for me. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 We do weigh our DD but because she has been In the 5-15% for weight.  Our doctors have never been concerned because that’s her curve and someone has to be in the 5%.  Her percentage has always gone up!  We weigh her because we always think she is getting bigger (it’s usually just taller) and she is but by fractions, lol.   She will be 3 in October and hasn’t broke the 27lb mark which is totally fine but some days she feels so heavy to me!  We also don’t question her nutrition either because she eats like a horse and loves her veggies. 

I wouldnt go out and and buy a scale.  
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 I agree with everyone else that I would not go out and purchase a scale. My DS struggled to gain the first few months and had to be weighed weekly, but because they were looking for the amount of oz he increased, a typical bathroom scale would not have been that precise anyway, so we took him to the LC to be weighed.
  • Options
    @LLynde5 my DD is the same. She's always been on her 10% curve. Is the Dr concerned? Not in the least bit. He said he wished he had more skinny kids. He currently has 10 patients ( 18 and under) that weigh more than 300lbs. 

@tumbleweed-1 we have a scale but rarely use it. I would only get one if there was concern. There is a local breastfeeding/ feeding baby support group at the library. You can go and have your baby weighed. So there may be something like that near you. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies! Obviously, if my child has a medical need for a scale I will go get one, but for now we’ll keep our current lifestyle and hope for the best. 
  • Options
    I'm tired and grumpy today, so I gotta bitch about little things:

1) saw TWO pregnant ladies this morning (probably about 7 months) who strolled in to work looking FABULOUS. Here I am feeling fat and lazy in my sweatshirt.. maybe it's just a good case for buying good maternity clothes eventually...

2) somebody couldn't wait to get in an elevator and actually passed me going in (ie it was pretty clear who was first and this person sped up, as if maybe I was too slow for them). She actually brushed shoulders with me in the elevator door. How rude! (I'm being slightly sarcastic here, I know it isn't a big deal - like I said, grumpy and need to bitch). Anyway, that's like the equivalent of someone who doesn't know how revolving doors work and jump in with you...

• Options
    edited June 2018

@whaat LOL at weighing the cats. That's too funny.

Re: Weighing kids I don't weigh DS. He's only two but I haven't even thought of it. If I think he's too heavy for rear facing we will weigh him, but other than that I don't see the need.

@ab_canada Wow, that's really rude. I'd be peeved for sure!

@runrinserepeat Yes, it's hard to leave that frame of mind behind.

@morgantu That's a good way to go about it. I weigh myself once a week to once every two weeks. At the doctor I feel like I HAVE to look. It's ridiculous. Maybe if our scale ever breaks I just won't buy a new one.