December 2018 Moms

Re: Monday BF 6/11

• My BF just continues to be that I'm tired of feeling like crap. I'm on a new medication regimen that has (thank god) stopped the morning reflux vomiting, but for some reason the pepcid is making me nauseous. And I can barely eat. I lost three pounds last week, which is fine since I'm overweight, but I just would like to be able to eat normally and feel well enough to play with my kiddo and not be a zombie at work. 15 weeks tomorrow, praying for some of that second trimester normalcy/energy soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • @texas_t hiiiii! Glad to see you back! I'm glad you took some time for yourself and hope everything is going well:) 
  • My BF is that I tried to go on a walk with my kid but then remembered that the stroller wheel is busted. I was ready to pack him up right at that moment and get it taken care of, but all the bike shops in town are closed on Mondays. :angry:

I guess it’s fine, because a big storm seems to be rolling in. Still. I’m sick of being in the house and sick of policing my kid when we’re outside. (We did spend a bit of time in the backyard which involved lots of gnats and eating dirt. Yay.)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Being stuck inside with a kiddo is the WORST. We had a three day weekend of that during the beginning of potty training and we all got cabin fever. Hope you can get the stroller wheel fixed soon!
  • Can you fill up a baby pool and let him splash around?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @texas_t I don’t really have anything like that, but the rain did arrive so I may take him outside to splash around after the thunder is gone. 
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @pensivecrayon Our grocery stores sell the little plastic pools for 6 or 7 bucks! I loved it last year because I could fill it up a few inches and sit my ass down in a chair and get some sun! It was great!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• My bf is that mylow tire pressure light will come on, DH will fill it with air, it will be fine for 2-3 weeks, and then the cycle repeats. I just do not feel like taking my 2 year old to wait at the mechanic tomorrow, but clearly the problem is not going to solve itself.

@texas_t I feel that way anytime I am not on here for a day or two. So many conversations and it’s so easy to fall behind. Glad to see you back!
  • @katy0990 car maintenance is the literal worst. I'm all for equal rights and blah blah blah, but I'm going out on a limb and saying car stuff and lawn maintenance is man's work  :D:D At least I wish it were MY man's work
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• hkomhkom member
    @maureenmce I'm so sorry that you are still feeling terrible.  I am frustrated for you!

My BF is that neither of the grocery stores close to me carry kimchi, which I need specifically for dinner tonight but generally always want to have it in my house. One of the two stores had just one kind, and I can already tell it's going to be sub-par just by looking at it.   Looks like next time I need to plan ahead and do either the hour-plus round trip to the big international store, or the huge hassle trip to the market in downtown Cincinnati to get the good stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom Thank you! I feel like I'm being so annoying complaining all the time, but I just want to feel like a semi normal human for at least a few weeks, haha. Also, I've never had kimchi! I need to get around to trying it! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble finding it.
  • @hkom I love kimchi! There are several Asain markets in the metroplex, but they are almost finished building one close to my son's daycare! Woot!     I wonder if you can order it online?
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• This bf is directed at myself, lol. I ate way too much Indian food and gave myself a stomach ache! Ugh whyyyy? (Because it was freaking delish) 
  • hkomhkom member
    @maureenmce You're not being annoying.  Also, you live on the west coast and you've never had kimchi?!  It's sooooo good (if you like spicy and/or funky/fermented things)!

@texas_t I've never thought of that!  Honestly, going out to the international grocery isn't that bad, because it's HUGE and I can get tons of other stuff there, including regular groceries.  It just requires a bit of forethought, which I had none of today   :s   I usually make a run out there every other month or so, but I've been really slacking since I've been pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker

• My BF is that I had to sit in mediation for almost 2 hours with my douchy ex husband today because he’s moving far away and we had to change our custody arrangement. It was civil but i just don’t want to be in a small room with that man for 2 hours, so my brain has been fried the rest of the day.

@katy0990 I’m having the exact same issue with my car right now!! It’s driving me insane. Also, you reminded me I forgot to have my hubby fill it with air today on our way home from court  :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @hkom Oh, sweet Jesus, I love kimchi so much...and all Korean food, for that matter! *drools*
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @hkom I know! I should have tried it by now, but for some reason I never did. It's officially on my food to do list, after my stomach is back to normal. I usually really like fermented stuff, so I'm looking forward to it!
  • Dropping my FFFC right here: I just really don't like the taste of kimchi. I've tried, folks! I've tried!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @clbness Korean food is my fave too! We just had Korean BBQ yesterday!
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• @katy0990 I just had that issue too! When DH took my car to get the new tires put on and balance they found that my sensor had gone bad, so they took it off and replaced it was a plastic one. So now my light isn't constantly going off but now there is a light on telling me that the sensor isn't working. *eye roll* DH said he was ordering me a new one, it's been almost a month. I think he's forgotten. I need to remind him because the light that isn't supposed to be on is driving me nuts.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @texas_t completely agree about that stuff being man's work! lol

• coybigcoybig member
    The bump website is extremely irritating to me right now.  Every time I click on a thread with the new post indicator it doesn't bring me to the first new post, it brings me to some arbitrary post.  Sometimes it's five posts above the new post, sometimes it just brings me to the last post even if there are four new posts.  Is this broken for anyone else?
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • @coybig Yup, it always does that to me.

• @coybig
     mine does that too, and the app on my phone is even worse.  the back button doesn't work sometimes, which is why I don't bump a lot when I am at home, since I am on my phone only.

My BF even though its now Tuesday is that I had to buy a new washer on Sunday.  I ordered another part to fix the last one and it didn't fix the problem. I went to Lowe's since there are Father's Day sales and the one I wanted was 799 reduced to 599, but I guess there was one that someone bought and returned within the 30 day return period and it was on sale for 459, so I got that one. So I saved money but I am annoyed I had to buy one anyways!
  • @Jens_Hoes  large, expensive purchases always suck. I hope your new one last you for many years!

@coybig  I hate that too! In some threads,  I feel like I read some of the posts 10 times. 

@texas_t  I could not agree more! I am off for women’s rights, but there are some things they just need to deal with. After all, the whole pregnancy thing is all ours!
  • @texas_t Oh man, I'm jealous!  I might have to order some Japchae and all the banchan tonight.  Also, all this kimchi talk, I might have to make some kimchi cucumbers soon.  

• I should probably do a little bitching if I'm going to be on this thread.

tl/dr; My friend is the fucking Momzilla of our daycare. 

So, I have a friend (of about 8 years) that takes her kids to the same (in-home) day care as me.  She has a 3 and 1 year old and our kids just LOVE each other.  But, going to the same daycare as her has seriously made me look at her in a different light.

She is horribly disrespectful to our provider, who is an amazing, sweet woman.  Anytime our lady needs to take a vacation, she tells us months in advance.  She also helps us find backup if we don't have family near (my friend and I are both from KS, so family isn't near for either of us).  My friend gets so angry anytime our lady takes a vacation or needs a day for herself (doctor appointment, funeral, graduation...which she always gives about a week notice).  She says, "we PAY you to watch our kids, do you know how hard it is for us to find backup?!"  Our lady actually called me crying because the last time she asked off for her grandson's graduation, my friend made her feel so guilty.  She finally told her, "never, in my 40 years of doing childcare, have I ever had a parent who has made me feel as guilty as you have when I need a day off."  I was so proud of her for standing up for herself.

Andplusalso, she is the master of keeping her kids at daycare when they're sick and MY kid is the one that always gets sick from it!  Her kid threw up one day and our lady called her to come pick her up.  She said, well, it's 1 and I'll be off at 4, can't it wait?  Are you fucking kidding me?!  Our lady said no and she ended up coming to get her...but she brought her back the next morning, and she threw up AGAIN!  Well, guess who came home and threw up the next day.  And then me the next day...and then my husband that next day.  When I texted to tell her about it, she tried to lie and say that they all had the bug 2 WEEKS BEFORE.  I set her straight and said, "yeah, NO, your kid threw up two consecutive days at daycare LAST week and now we're all sick.  She has this thing with refusing to take off work.  Well, guess what?  We had to take 2 days off of work because you got my kid sick and she got me sick, so, thanks, dickface.  And right now, we have hand foot and mouth disease because she kept her kid in daycare when he had a fever and the blisters on his legs.  And my kid has a BAD case of it.  My husband is thisclose to switching daycares because of her.

Sorry that was so long, y'all.    

• @clbness Oh my god that would make me FURIOUS. Taking care of children is an incredibly demanding job and we should value the people who take care of our kids! We should not guilt them if they need time off to be *human beings* and go to the doctor, graduations, funerals, etc. I feel so terrible for your daycare provider! Also, people who send their kids to daycare (or school) with serious illnesses, like throwing up, fever, etc., make me insane. Kids are germ factories! They're going to get *everyone* sick! And yes, it's tough for anyone to take off work - when my daughter first started at our bigger daycare she was sick, I swear, once or twice a week for three months. It was so tough! But you have to just suck it up and deal with it because it's not fair (or healthy for your kid!) to send your sick kid to daycare and taking time off work to take care of your sick kiddo is one of the major responsibilities of being a parent.

@texas_t My husband fixed my car the other month when the repair shop couldn't figure it out and it was probably the sexiest thing he's ever done. 
  • @clbness that’s horrible. It amazes me that some people have no empathy or respect for (really hard) childcare work that other people do. Yes, she pays the provider to watch her kids, but everyone needs and deserves a day off now and then. Sounds like she needs a day off to take some time to reflect on life. 

Also, the rules for when kids are too sick to come to school are very specific (fevers of certain temps + other symptoms, certain amounts of loose BMs or vomiting within a time frame, etc), so if the teacher says the kid can’t be at school- the kid can’t be at school! 
  • @clbness She sounds horribly entitled. That would drive me crazy! Can you talk to the day care lady about adding a policy that if your child gets sick they have to stay home for 24 hours?
  • @clbness I hope your day care lady puts her foot down, and gives Momzilla the boot. F alllllll that.
  • @Hollyyyyy @katy0990 @maureenmce @tumbleweed-1 I know, her attitude is despicable and I'm truly having a hard time even talking to her any more.  I have so much respect for child care providers and I appreciate our awesome lady so much.  She's just a good person (I mean, she tells me she loves us anytime we are ending a phone conversation.  <3).  Our lady tries to be strick on the 24 hour thing, but she can be a bit of a pushover when it comes to my friend.  I, on the other hand, honor that 24 hour rule without even batting an eye.  When our lady gets back from vacation, MH plans on telling our lady that if friend doesn't go elsewhere, then we are.  It's tough, but we have to do what's best for our family.

My friend has always been kind of tactless in a sense.  When I met her, I had just turned 30 and was single...she was maybe 23 or 24 and dating a guy that she wanted to marry (but did not...she's now married to a different guy she met right after the breakup).  Anyways, she used to say things like, "oh my gawd, how does it feel to be 30 and single with no kids?!  I just can't imagine...I've always wanted to be married with kids by 25."  Umm, I'd rather be single than to have settled for some of the childish chodes I have dated in the past!  She even said those kinds of things to another friend of mine who was a couple years older than me 

• hkomhkom member
    @clbness Girl, I have not heard anyone use the word "chode" since college.  Thanks for the laugh.  Also, your friend sounds terrible   :s

BabyFruit Ticker

• @clbness she sounds horrible, and you're doing the right thing by doing what's best for your family and either leaving or she leaves. Your daycare gal might honestly appreciate the ultimatum and having a reason to give her the boot. I hope she does. Hugs!
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • temmetime said:
    Your daycare gal might honestly appreciate the ultimatum and having a reason to give her the boot. 
    @temmetime This is exactly what we're hoping for!  Word is, she's been shopping sitters closer to her home, so maybe (hopefully) it won't be a big blow up.  Thanks for the hugs!

Also, I'm now feeling like I have a virus of some sort...sore, swollen throat, body aches, a headache and feverish.  Bitchfest continues!

• hkomhkom member
    edited June 2018
    @clbness Sounds like you need some kimchi-jjigae for your virus!  

BabyFruit Ticker

• @hkom SO MUCH YES!  Mmm, hot, spicy, fermenty.  

• @clbness omg she sounds like the absolute worst. What a giant twatwaffle.
  • clbnessclbness member
    edited June 2018
    @hkom Kimchi-jjigae and all the banchan for me tonight! ETA: Thanks for the suggestion.  ;)