January 2019 Moms

Favorite Pregnancy Products

edited June 2018 in January 2019 Moms
STMs, what helped get you through your other pregnancies?

Please share books, pregnancy pillows, belly lotion, whatever else you can think of

Married: May 2012
DS1: May 2016
DS2: Jan 2019
Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

Re: Favorite Pregnancy Products

• Most of the pregnancy stuff is just a marketing scheme IMO but the book Brain Rules for Babies and Babyproofing a Marriage are worth their weight in gold. 

I used a regular body pillow instead of a pregnancy one and I like it. I used coconut oil on  my stomach. I can't really think of anything else. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I loved my Snoogle pillow. I can’t wait to get it out again, even though DH hates it. 

Books: I read What to Expect When You’re Expecting. It’s a pretty good reference guide, but can also scare you. 
    Skip The Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy. Meh. 

I used coconut oil on my belly (no stretch marks, but I also know a lot of that has to do with genetics). 

• Loading the player...
  • @saltedcaramel518 I just got one of the snoogle pillows for help sleeping on my left side, with support in between my legs.  I love it! I would definitely recommend people get one of the covers too.  I got one on amazon that was $30 but feels like a soft t-shirt.  I had to make DW switch sides of the bed with me though.  I usually sleep on the right side, but it was really awkward to maneuver over the snoogle to exit stage right when I had to pee at 12:30am...and 3:00am...and 5:00am... :)

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib hahah, yes it gets to be like fighting the Loch Ness monster to get out of bed. 

• 100% pregnancy pillow!  I had a whole set up by the end of my pregnancy.  Wedge to prop me up, pregnancy pillow, and my pillow on top! I’m a stomach sleeper so it was very hard to adjust to sleeping on my side.  The pregnancy pillow was seriously a life saver especially towards the end.  I tried extra pillows and a body pillow but it was not the same! 
  • Earth Mama Perineal Spray for post partum. It cools your lady bits down after labor and as you are healing. It was ana amazing piece of advice from a friend  
  • @CoastieGirl79 YES! I had the balm too. I recommend both. The spray was easier but the balm lasted longer.
  • @CoastieGirl79 @molosmiles That spray is the best! I much preferred it to the tucks pads after delivery. Definitely recommend
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I wound up having a c section so never used them but my sister highly recommended adult diapers for after birth! She said they’re way better than the mesh panties. I was fine with the mesh panties but my bleeding wasn’t very heavy. 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    Another one who loved the Snoogle. My SIL has it from when she was pregnant last year so I wonder if she still does...if not, I will definitely be buying another even though DH hates it.

DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Also love the Snoogle. Any of the Earth Mama products are great! I liked the nipple cream as well for nursing. I used Depends at night because I found them more comfortable than the large pads for sleeping, but just pads and old underwear during the day. Tucks and witch hazel were my lifelines in those days. 

My favorite pregnancy product right now? UNISOM.
  • @parentingishard unisom! Yes! I’ve traded it in for diclegis for now but unisom was my BFF at the end of my last pregnancy.
  • I second Unisom! 1/2 tab worked great for my MS/nausea last pregnancy.. I haven't had much MS (thankfully) this pregnancy, but I've busted it out a few times when the nausea flared up in the evening. The only thing is that it makes me even more sleepy, so it wasn't great if I took it in the AM before work, lol
  • @LCRbelle yes! Do not be afraid of Depends. I think I used them for 2 weeks straight after giving birth. I bled the entire 6 weeks, so 2 weeks in comparison wasn't that long lol. 
  • @gorgeousariel I’m definitely going the depends route this time around. I leaked several times with just pads. Depends sound hella comfy lol
  • I agree, snoogle is a must!  I wished I'd bought it sooner.  Also, I just recently bought a blanqi support tank top (it was 50% off) and it's amazing! It holds up my unzipped pants like a belly band, but it doesn't slip down.

Happiest Baby on the Block was a super helpful book.  Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend reading too many books.  They just end up making you feel like you're doing everything wrong.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @Blonde1817 I don’t have that tank, but I had some maternity camis that I was able to use to hold up my unbuttoned pants and I liked that way more than the belly band.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers