September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 6/11

Another weekend over, another Monday. What's on your plate this week?

Re: Weekly randoms 6/11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @magnolia209 Haha I feel the same way. Half the time I want people to sign a petition to make pregnancy a 6 month affair rather than a 9 month one, then other times I panic that the nursery isn't finished and we need to get quite a few more things. 

@Patience7150 Hahaha OMG that's too funny. I'll have to show that one to H. 

Speaking of H and his parents. He just went to visit his mom since she just got back from a month long trip to Asia (this is normal for her). Anyway, apparently she cried telling him she wishes we were closer. I feel bad but at the same time I have no idea how to really bond with her. I often struggle to hold a conversation with her due to language barriers and then she questions everything I do. Not in a mean spirited way, I don't think, but she just doesn't understand why I would do things that way. Any suggestions on ways to bond with your Chinese MIL?! 
  • Options
    @Patience7150 great share, that's hilarious and very accurate! 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• Options
    @SkilledSailor does she make an effort to reach out to you? Because I feel like that's a two way street. Obviously she's not trying to be rude with the questions but culturally it doesn't come across that way. Do you have any common interests? Painting, knitting, crocheting, gardening? Asking her for advice in something she enjoys would probably mean a lot to her. I'm not sure what else to offer, that sounds hard.
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor sorry you are struggling with your MIL. It would definitely be hard to bond and spend time with someone who frequently travels far away for a long period of time. My guess is that with the upcoming arrival or a grand baby she feels she needs to be closer to you. It seems to me this is completely normal, even when you are close to people, when a baby is coming they start to stress you aren’t close enough. She probably needs to feel like she will be involved in the babies life and any ways you think you could incorporate her culture/traditions would make her happy. That is not saying you should, I’m just saying if there were any traditions you were/are planning to incorporate maybe share those with her in normal conversation. 
  • Options
    It's so hot out and I don't have AC. The worst part is DD's room faces south and gets the warmest - it's making her have trouble sleeping. 
  • Options
    @ellbeedee Aw! She is so cute. And How crazy that you and your dog are pregnant at the same time! I’ve been wondering how similar or different pregnancy is for animals and us. And also, what type of work do you do that you can bring her? And finally, do you know what to do when she goes into labor? Do you take her to a doggy L&D? Sorry! I have so many questions! 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor plan ahead. During your drive or flight, figure out what you want to see and how to make it work with the least time in line. Use websites like touringplans.com and wdwprepschool to create your plan for the day. We got to do and see so much bc of prep work. People who just showed up without a game plan at the parks seem to the the ones caught in lines and miserable.  You can take food and drinks into the parks or buy there. Also, Uber is cheap and excellent! Then you don’t have to pay to park and deal with the ferry across. When you uber to the magic kingdom, have them drop you off at the contemporary resort and it is a four minute walk.  
    What park(s) are you heading to? 
  • Options
    @spottedginger Oh cool! I didn't know you could Uber in. We're definitely doing Magic Kingdom. I've kind of planned for that one, and have the FastPasses scheduled in such a way that we should be walking in a circle throughout the course of the day rather than running back and forth. We have one day where we haven't gotten tickets yet but are leaning towards Animal Kingdom if I decide I have the energy that day for a park. Then we have a half day that we plan on just going to Disney Springs. 
  • Options
    tpecitpeci member
    @ellbeedee good luck! I helped my cat deliver once, between night shifts,  and let's just say it is an experience I am not ready to forget! Keep us posted! Can't wait for cute newborn puppy pictures!!!

I just had the juice for the glucose test. Can't believe we have to keep that in for a whole hour
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor yes! The “official” Uber drop off is down at ticketing and transportation (which would mean taking the boat back to the main parking area), but drop off at the contemporary puts you closer and an easy walk in. You will have so much fun! We stayed up for the fireworks on Friday and it was worth it. The show was great. Also, I definitely recommend good sneakers and socks rather than sandals, especially pregnant. 
  • Options
    @spottedginger Even in the heat? I've been torn on the sneaker thing. My feet aren't swelling too bad yet but if I'm on them for awhile in the heat they start getting uncomfortable in close toed shoes. I can always pack them and have H carry them in his backpack though. :lol: He just loves being my pack mule. 
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor yes, even in the heat. Otherwise (at least for me), my feet would swell around the straps and then rub and blister. Also, the extra support from sneakers kept me much more comfortable on my feet during long days. There is a lot of walking and just standing on hard surfaces that sneaks up on you. But, you might not have a problem with your sandals. Make your husband carry the sneakers just in case. It will be good practice for all the diaper bag stuff you/ he will be hauling. :lol:
  • Options
    @spottedginger @SkilledSailor Ooohhh Disney!!! We went in November and I really want to go back. +1 to tennis shoes, staying for fireworks and taking in water and lots of snacks! Also - you probably already know this, but if you use up your 3 Fast Passes, you can add more as you go. We avoided a lot of lines that way. Have fun!!

@spottedginger So glad you had fun! Can you request an Uber with a carseat??
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Options
    @southernlady07 yes, in Orlando they have uber car seat and uber car seat xl which will come with one forward facing car seat off of a pre-approved list of models (you can google to see what they allow). You pay a premium for each trip, but worth it to not haul your own car seat on the plane or rent a car and drive. If you stay on property, you can use the Minnie Van service which is run through Disney but powered by the Lyft app, but it only goes to other Disney properties. It is a flat fee per trip rather than distance and surge-based.  
  • Options
    @ellbeedee Awww!!!! Congratulations to you and your sweet mama dog! So cool! Thanks for sharing pictures! 
  • Options
    ellbeedee  Awwww. So cute!
  • Options
    @ellbeedee they are precious!!!