February 2019 Moms

Meal Plans w/o 6/10

What is everyone planning for meals this week? Lets give each other ideas!

Re: Meal Plans w/o 6/10

• Tonight we ordered pizza because I'm exhausted 

Monday-Wednesday we'll eat the blue apron meals we got in the mail this week. This is something new we've been doing for the past month and I think this will be our last week. We did it to kinda bring new things into our dinner time routine but since the first box the meals have gone down hill and I don't want to waste the money.

Thursday- BBQ chicken, sliced potatoes and corn on the cob all on the grill.

Friday- Steaks on the grill with pasta salad (if I feel like making the salad, I get lazy toward the end of the week)

Saturday we have a BBQ to go to so we will eat dinner there.
  • Really hoping my meal planning isn’t for nothing. Usually 1st tri nothing sounds good, and all meat is a total turn off  :s

Same boat @mainemama_ Pizza delivery FTW!

Mon: Chicken Sausage Pasta (SO easy and my 2 year old scarfs it down)

Tues: Taco bowls

Wed: Air fryer fish/ buffalo cauliflower 

Thurs: Firecracker Chicken Meatballs (THE BEST)

Fri: Grilled Chicken/Veggies

Sat: Dinner out with friends
  • Loading the player...
  • @mainemama_ we do HomeChef once a month and they are amazing.  We're not big dinner eaters so we usually get dinner and lunch.

Tonight I was super lazy and we had IKEA meatballs and tater tots.

Monday: shrimp stir fry

Tuesday: grilled sausage and coleslaw

Wednesday: chicken tangine with Harissa

Thurs: leftovers

Friday: pizza
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @LuLiLaEv Firecracker chicken meatballs sounds amazing!! We have an air fryer but I've never really figured it out/got comfortable using it! Do you use yours a lot?

@squirttheturtle I've never heard of HomeChef, I'll have to look into it! They are super easy and a big help on nights we have Tball or something! Do you make homemade coleslaw? My H loves coleslaw but I've never found a good recipe
  • @mainemama_ I do.  I but the pre shredded bag and then make my own dressing.  Usually just mayo, vinegar, sugar, S&P, and celery seed.  I only make a small amount because as it sits the cabbage waters it down.  I will also do a vinegar and oil dressing.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @mainemama_ I just got it and I am obsessed with it! I use it for things I would normally bake in the oven but it takes half the time and gives the perfect crispiness! 

Recipe for the meatballs: 

https://littlespicejar.com/firecracker-chicken-meatballs/ 

• You guys we made the yummiest quinoa black bean enchilada casserole. It was so amazing. I was craving super cheesy enchiladas but wanted something healthy. It was perfectttttt
  • @BourbonBiscuits that sounds amazing ! Can you share the recipe please
  • @canadianmom89 yes! It’s here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/black-bean-and-quinoa-enchilada-bake/

i guess she calls it a bake instead of a casserole ... casseroles are for grandmas lol
  • @canadianmom89 yes! It’s here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/black-bean-and-quinoa-enchilada-bake/

i guess she calls it a bake instead of a casserole ... casseroles are for grandmas lol
    Her Cauliflower and Chickpea Taco recipe is fantastic! We actually had a variation of that yesterday - with rice instead of tortillas. The dressing for the coleslaw in that recipe is also my go-to. Strangely I've never tried any of her other recipes... I will rectify that! 

Our weekly menu has been a bit of a mess because we kept forgetting to defraust stuff but tonight we are having fettuccine Alfredo with blackened chicken and tomorrow cast-iron pan pizza! 

• becks_726 said:
    @canadianmom89 yes! It’s here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/black-bean-and-quinoa-enchilada-bake/

Her Cauliflower and Chickpea Taco recipe is fantastic! We actually had a variation of that yesterday - with rice instead of tortillas. The dressing for the coleslaw in that recipe is also my go-to. Strangely I've never tried any of her other recipes... I will rectify that! 

Our weekly menu has been a bit of a mess because we kept forgetting to defraust stuff but tonight we are having fettuccine Alfredo with blackened chicken and tomorrow cast-iron pan pizza! 

Omggg that taco recipe sounds amazing. Tonight we’re having bbq stuffed sweet potatoes - my favorite lazy dinner. I was totally off my meal planning game this week because we just got back from vacation Sunday, but next week I’m going to try harder!