• edited June 2018
    *poof*

Learning how to gif again....
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Loading the player...
  • I don't follow some of the pregnant woman "rules"..I did the first time, then I got relaxed the second time, with my third I'm already feeling wayyy relaxed.  I pretty much only follow the no alcohol rule and obviously medications.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Erinm278 said:
    I don't follow some of the pregnant woman "rules"..I did the first time, then I got relaxed the second time, with my third I'm already feeling wayyy relaxed.  I pretty much only follow the no alcohol rule and obviously medications.
    Same.  I was vigilant about everything first time.  I had a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy.  This time, psht.  Give me it all (minus alcohol and meds).

• @Erinm278 I started relaxing more at the end of my first. This is my second and I’m already relaxed about it. I ate acold cut sandwich yesterday but that was because I forgot about the rule. I am trying to be a bit more cautious for the first few weeks but then give me all the runny egg yolks! 
  • @mainemama_ I LOVE surprises.  H hates them.  Anytime I can, I do.  Its his first fathers day and I'd like to make it really special.  :wink:

• UMMM YES!  Like all I want right now is a plate of hot dogs, a turkey club sandwich, and shell fish haha! 
    My Dr is also pretty chill about that stuff sooo.  And I workout at least 5 days a week and I'm going to keep doing that too.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I feel a little guilty that this baby will be the only one with a winter birthday. Irrational?? Probably!! But I’m June, DS1 & DS2 are August, and DH & DD are September. Summertime is birthday time around here! 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • @mel689  yes!!! I had a very similar thought. Hope we don’t get a massive blizzard on your birthday, kiddo! 
  • Winter bdays - I had a thought the other night about snow/ice when I go into labor. I live right by my hospital but someone will need to watch DD. 
  • I was hoping for a winter baby because I found super cute birthday theme for "winter One-derland".  Yea, I'm that girl!

• mel689 said:
    I feel a little guilty that this baby will be the only one with a winter birthday. Irrational?? Probably!! But I’m June, DS1 & DS2 are August, and DH & DD are September. Summertime is birthday time around here! 
    Same! My kids are May and August. DH and I are both July. So I feel a little bad. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • my daughter is january, DH is March and I’m april, so were all wintery. The drive wasnt bad in The winter, we actually had just had an ice storm but we took our time. Wasnt bad! 
  • I didn’t really want another winter baby. DS is also February and I wanted to be able to do birthday parties outside, but now I guess we will get to do them together lol....which as they get older I’m sure they will hate!
  • We live an hour away from the hospital so if we are having a blizzard, which it’s Maine so it is very likely, DH will have to step up to the front. I mean he’s seen me deliver two babies so he must be a pro by now
  • @mel689  yes!!! I had a very similar thought. Hope we don’t get a massive blizzard on your birthday, kiddo! 
    Like.. what are you even supposed to do for a winter birthday??  :p 
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • ageaagea member
    I hear you all on winter birthdays. I’m November which isn’t bad. DH and DS are both Jan. Terrible month to be born. I always said, only feb is worse than jan and welp, here we are with a bunch of craptastic dates when no one is in the mood to celebrate. I do think about solving it by moving to the Southern Hemisphere. I genuinely planned on waiting to avoid a Feb birthday... but then I’m too impatient and don’t care now- just excited to be here:)
  • edited June 2018
    DH and I both have February birthdays. Mine always falls on SuperBowl (including next year) and as an adult, it's been fun because the bars are packed! ;-P I've had blizzard birthdays and rainy birthdays, usually weather SUCKS in early Feb. It's fine, though. I love being an Aquarius <3
  • As someone with a summer birthday, I'm so glad our child won't have to go through it! No one was ever around (July 27) as they were all off school at camp or cottages. While winter isn't great, also glad it's not early January so i'd be worried about delivering early and having a new year's or late 2018 baby! (Though as long as it's healthy, etc. etc.)
    ME: 32 DH: 34
    Married: 26/9/15
    TTC#1: 4/16
    BFP: 6/2/2018 | EDD: 2/8/2019
  • So glad to hear I'm not the only one bummed about the birthday timing. *TW* I experienced a blighted ovum in February and that pregnancy was due in September. Same month as DS & DH which I consider to be a PERFECT birth month end TW* 
    Let's try to find more good things about February birthday's! 
  • cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited June 2018
    I don’t mind a February birthday, I just don’t want my son to have to share his (Jan 24). I preferred my daughters April birthday though because I enjoyed summer maternity leave 
  • Don’t mind a feb bday so much as the maternity leave like @cmjenkies said. I don’t want to be cooped up in the house. DD is a July bday and we went on walks almost everyday to help keep me sane. I have to get out of the house. 
  • @ginger1228 we have relatively cold winters here too and are on CST daylight savings time (IN), so winter time gets dark too early and just sucks. 
  • I'm literally the opposite of all of you. We're desert dwellers and I REFUSED to have a summer baby. Triple digits with a newborn???? NOPE
  • I totally agree on the winter baby. My kids birthdays are October,  November, December and now February. It is so dreary and cold here and I'm a little sad maternity leave will all be inside. Can't I get one summer birthday!
    March 2009 mmc 11 weeks
    Nov 2010 DD 1
    Oct 2012 DD 2
    Nov 2014 mmc 8 weeks
    Dec 2016 DS 1
    Cautiously expecting Feb 14 2019
  • I said I wouldn’t do a winter pregnancy again but here I am hAha  (DD is April and our winters last until then ) but looking on the bright side , my office is closed between Christmas and New Years and I’m savinng a week vacation from this year to use the first week of January and will start my maternity leave after that so it’s like extra free time at the beginning and then I won’t have to go back until January the following year ! 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    I am not looking forward to being heavily pregnant during winter. I have nothing to compare it to since this is my first, but I’m already scared of slipping and falling on ice. It’s hard enough staying on your feet in January around here while NOT pregnant! Also, I’ll need to get a new thick winter coat that’ll only fit me for one season? Pass. 
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • I’m pretty happy about the February due date. I really didn’t want to be hugely pregnant in the summer during the terrible heat (I’m finding out that even being in the first trimester, the heat isn’t fun). Plus, just about everyone on my side of the family (all my five siblings, my parents, and a grandma and uncle) all have birthdays between January and June, so it’ll be nice to keep with that.
  • grebretso said:
    I am not looking forward to being heavily pregnant during winter. I have nothing to compare it to since this is my first, but I’m already scared of slipping and falling on ice. It’s hard enough staying on your feet in January around here while NOT pregnant! Also, I’ll need to get a new thick winter coat that’ll only fit me for one season? Pass. 
    Hadn't thought of the ice but yeah, that'll be something else to worry about. 

You can buy extensions that zip in to your winter coat. We've had quite a few winter babies in the family recently (like 4 or 5 in December alone) and I'm pretty sure a couple of the mums used those. I can't vouch for them personally though. 
  • etnyahetnyah member
    edited June 2018
    @becks_726 I had no idea that even existed! Thanks for the tip! That sounds way better than buying a new winter coat, and hopefully a lot cheaper. We’ll have enough expenses as it is!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024

• becks_726 said:

grebretso said:

Hadn't thought of the ice but yeah, that'll be something else to worry about. 

You can buy extensions that zip in to your winter coat. We've had quite a few winter babies in the family recently (like 4 or 5 in December alone) and I'm pretty sure a couple of the mums used those. I can't vouch for them personally though. 

*lurker* One thing to keep in mind about these is whether it will fit your jacket. Different coats have different types of zippers, so it's not as easy as just buying one and it working with your coat. You will probably need to try it with your jacket in person. I personally wouldn't risk buying one without trying it on. And you may need to buy more than one if you have multiple jackets you wear. As someone who lives in Alaska, I'm personally a fan of wearing coats unzipped as much as possible and just wearing coats that are big. I and most people I know have large coats anyway because we potentially layer underneath depending on the weather, so they often can accommodate a bump. Other than that, I prefer clip in covers for baby wearing and such because they work with multiple coats and no zipper issues.
  • kayjay44 said:
    I've had cold lunchmeat twice and sushi once since my BFP - Pretty much the only things I avoid during pregnancy are alcohol, pot (and obviously other drugs, but I don't do those anyway), and too much caffeine in first tri only.
    I would kill for some good sushi right now. 
  • cmjenkies said:
    kayjay44 said:
    I've had cold lunchmeat twice and sushi once since my BFP - Pretty much the only things I avoid during pregnancy are alcohol, pot (and obviously other drugs, but I don't do those anyway), and too much caffeine in first tri only.
    All I can think about is sushi and kombucha. And a nice crisp glass of sauv blanc on the patio after DS goes to sleep. Ughhh
  • cmjenkies said:
    kayjay44 said:
    All I can think about is sushi and kombucha. And a nice crisp glass of sauv blanc on the patio after DS goes to sleep. Ughhh
    Not a kombucha fan, but I would drink it. It's less than 2% alcohol - mouthwash and cough syrup have more alcohol in them. I drink N/A beer when I'm craving one and they are less than 1% alcohol and that's fine.

As for sushi, if it's a reputable place with a good health history, I wouldn't worry about it.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I'm with @kayjay44. If it didn't make you sick before you were pregnant, it's unlikely to make you sick after. I'm more leery of bags of pre-washed produce than I am of sushi, raw eggs (cookie dough, yum), rare steak, etc. 
  • @ruby696 - Exactly. Fruits and vegetables are more likely to make you sick. All the listeria outbreaks in the last 10 years have been fruits/vegetables/hummus/ice cream....

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• @kayjay44 oh girl I’m not against eating sushi when pregnant.. I’m just too lazy to go to my favorite spot to get some