November 2018 Moms

Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (6/7-6/8)

This is for those of us with a Thursday due date of: 11/1, 11/8, 11/15, 11/22, & 11/29
OR
a Friday due date of: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, & 11/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What is your favorite candy? and cookie? and dessert? and milkshake flavor?

Re: Thursday and Friday Ticker Change (6/7-6/8)

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    16w, avocados
    2. How are you feeling?
    ok, bit of a lingering headache and my left hip is not so good right now.
    i had an appointment with the mfm this morning that went great. next appointment is at the ob on tuesday.
    taking dd1 with me to the ob appointment next week for the first time, thinking of giving her her first lollipop during it—good idea or not? she’s 3, and i’ll be having a quick ultrasound plus all the normal ob stuff.
    5. GTKY: What is your favorite candy? and cookie? and dessert? and milkshake flavor?
    this question brought to you by the secret snickers bar i bought at target this morning; i just ate it all to myself and don’t even care to get up to hide the evidence. my favorite candy is probably reese’s cups, the bigger the better, but i’ll inhale a bunch of the little ones if they are in the house. i love a regular dark chocolate chunk cookie, still warm and soft in the middle. eclairs are my favorite dessert, but pecan pie is a close second. for milkshake, cookies and cream with whipped cream, the cherry i usually give to dh.
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited June 2018
    1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

17 weeks (tomorrow).  Pomegranate.

2. How are you feeling?

Sick.  I think I have an ear infection.  I've been feeling off since the weekend but I'm trying to wait it out.

Nope.  Twiddling my thumbs for a while.

I'm so grouchy lately I can barely stand myself.  I hate feeling like this.

I'm not really a big sweet eater, but if I had to pick:

Favorite candy:
    Reese's peanut butter cups (in spite of hating peanut butter more than practically anything in the world) or grape Skittles or grape Laffy Taffy (hard to say since I hardly ever eat candy, but those are my "favorites")

Cookie: Snickerdoodles or soft, chewy, fresh-baked chocolate chunk cookies (they have to be right out of the oven, though)

Dessert: Blueberry pie or rum rolls (I'm not sure if they're really a "thing" or just something my mom makes.  The recipe she uses came from an old Pillsbury cookbook and I've never encountered them anywhere else.  They're crescent rolls, cut in half and baked in a rum-flavored caramel-type sauce, then flipped upside down so the sticky coating is on top and drizzled with confectioner's sugar icing and more of the rum sauce)

Milkshake: Hot fudge (not chocolate, hot fudge specifically, especially when there are little bits of unmixed fudge in there because I like the texture).  With whipped cream and no cherry.

You'd think I must really like chocolate based on those answers, but, really, I'm indifferent to it and don't often eat it.  I like white chocolate a lot, but that's it.  I could happily live without milk or dark chocolate ever again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • @highsteaks Thanks for making me think of all things sweets this morning! I'm drooling over here!
    @MojieJo I'm sorry you are feeling sick, hope you get well soon!

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 19 weeks! Tomato or mango.

2. How are you feeling? Honestly, l had a breakdown last night because it seems everything hurts. My pelvic pain is getting to the point of unbearable and it gets worse if I sit too long, or do a lot of walking so I have to find a balance between the two. Last night I also had a pain in my upper back over to the right side and I just couldn't take it anymore so I just cried to DH. 

3. Any appointments this week? I had an appointment Tuesday. They did the AS which took the full hour but we were able to remain team green and everything looks amazing! We also got our NT/NIPT results back and everything is negative so that's great also! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? See above. 

5. GTKY: What is your favorite candy? and cookie? and dessert? and milkshake flavor? Favorite candy is Airheads, and favorite chocolate is KitKats. I like chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven, nice and gooey or those prepackaged cookies that are circles (I think Pillsbury). Dessert, I would say is brownies lately, though I am not huge on desserts. I'm also not a fan of milkshakes. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited June 2018
    @highsteaks - I say good idea but wait as long as possible into the appointment. I find that if I let my kids have the candy at the beginning of the appointment, they are bouncing off the walls by the end; while if I wait, then it does keep them busy enough to last until the end of the appointment.

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 17 weeks, size of a chipmunk. I was on the Sunday ticker change but they moved up my due date by a couple of days a few weeks ago so I'm making the jump over now. 

2. How are you feeling? Very tired but good otherwise. I notice pregnancy the most when I try to work out and things are just not the same.

3. Any appointments this week? Nothing this upcoming week.

4. Rants/raves/questions? None today.

Favorite candy: Skittles and Blow Pops
    Cookie: Monster cookies
    Dessert: Ice cream
    Milkshake: Strawberry if I had to pick but I rarely ever drink a milkshake

Can you tell I'm not a chocolate addict? I like chocolate but I usually find it too rich so if I'm going to each chocolate, like in ice cream or cookies, it needs another flavor to take away the richness. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @vrj0522 thank you for the tip! i hadn’t thought of the potential for sugar fall out in the middle.