Infertility
Options

Had an iui this morning, any other June 2018 IUI’ers?

I had my first last month but we got a little more aggressive this cycle.  I switched back to Clomid and increased from 50mg to 100 for 5 days. 

We also added injectibles... Gonal F to stimulate my follicles and another one to delay ovulation so my follicles could have time to mature.  Those injectibles were confusing af.

my husband gave me an ovidrel shot yesrerday AM, we had iui this AM, BD this afternoon and then he left for the week.

doc said only a 1 in 5 chance this worked but it looks like ill be one step closer to ivf being eligible for deductible.  Everything now is out of pocket.  

Anyone else having an iui this month??

Re: Had an iui this morning, any other June 2018 IUI’ers?

• Options
    I did my trigger shot last night and have IUI tomorrow, we are instructed to "do the deed" today. We tried IUI last month which didn't work. I had an ectopic in March which resulted in emergency surgery and removal of my right tube. Of course I ovulated from the right ovary last month and again this month. The doctor said there's about a 2% chance IUI works this month. If it doesn't it's on to IVF. We just needed two negative pregnancy tests after IUI for the insurance to cover IVF. Good luck @fertilizemeplease this month. 
  • Options
    Congrats @fertilizemeplease I hope that this would be your month.

GL on your IUI tomorrow @LaurenS119.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    scikapscikap member
    Hi all, I'm back on this board after a few cancelled cycles due to various life complications...

I had a day 3 US today, and all set to start FSH injections tonight!

This will be my third IUI. I had a failed one in January and another in March. My April cycle was cancelled because my RE's clinic didn't have government funding that month (I live in Ontario and I'm very lucky that most of the cost of IUI is covered. We pay ~$350 per IUI *when* the clinic has funding, which I guess runs out every now and then. We chose not to pay the "full" unfunded price that month, which would have been more like $1500). My next two cycles after that were cancelled because of travel right around O time! Anyways, I'm very impatient to get this show on the again!

Fx for everyone doing IUI this month!
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @scikap I'm hoping that there won't be anymore hassles for you this month. GL!
  • Options
    jules3978jules3978 member
    edited June 2018
    l just found out that my IUI last month didn't work so we are back at it this month for IUI #3.  I'm due to start my cycle any day so sometime in the next couple of weeks we will be doing this.  I will be on Clomid 100 for 5 days and adding FSH injections this time.  In talking with our RE today, due to my age and AMH level, my chances of IUI working are only a few percent less than IVF so I think we will stick with the IUI for a few more cycles before we move on to IVF since it is more affordable, if it works.
    Me: 40, AMH 0.4  DH: 32
    Married: 7/30/17
    TTC since: 4/2017
    IUI #1: planned for 4/2018 - cancelled due to insufficient follicle size/growth.  :(
    IUI #2: 5/22/18 - BFN
    IUI #3: 6/22/18
    BFP: 7/4/18
  • Options
    scikapscikap member
    @jules3978 sorry to hear your last IUI didn't work. Hopefully #3 will be the one for both of us!

I just has a CD10 US and I have three follicles: 2.0 on the left and 2.1 + 1.7 on the right! We upped my dose of FSH (Puregon) to 100 this month and boy oh boy did it work! Previously I never got more than a single follicle. It's a bit early in the cycle, but we are going ahead with trigger shot (Ovidrel) tonight and IUI 36 hours later on Wed morning. 
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    Sorry I started a new discussion before I saw this one. I had my first iui today- clomid + ovidrel. We had 3 mature follicles on cd 12 and triggered. Now entering the dreaded wait. Hoping everyone gets their BFP this month! 
  • Options
    this 2WW is killing me...had my 1 week progesterone levels checked (a day early b/c i couldn't get to the lab tomorrow). They are low, a 4.9. So they are putting me on a progesterone suppository twice a day...but, hopefully there's a little blastocyst or whatever it's called at this point making it's way toward implantation and the miserableness of the progesterone supplement will be worth it because it will be helping to get me to BFP. Fingers crossed for everyone this month!
  • Options
    roisisroisis member
    **lurking**
    Just wanted to wish Good Luck to everyone this month :)<3  One thing is for sure - regardless of whether you're doing IUI, IVF of FET - the feckin 2WW is torture!! I always find mind-numbing, time-consuming activities such as jigsaws, colouring books or binge reading some YA fantasy fiction (nothing too taxing on the brain!!) can help pass the time. Whatever your guilty pleasure is - indulge yourself xxx
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    Just did our IUI... with count 500,000. 80% had forward mortality. I am so upset. 
  • Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    We were offered a second IUI session tomorrow, which will be 38 hours after trigger. Should we do that? I wonder if two low-count samples (but with 80% forward motility) can equal out to one “good” sample in terms of odds 
  • Options
    @mzl1 you’ve gone this far with the cycle- I think I would go ahead w second iui session? Morphology also ok?
  • Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    He didn’t say. After he told me the count was lower than they’d like, the RE fellow said the forward motility stat and that it was “good.” At first I didn’t know why he’d recommend coming back tomorrow (will actually be 41 hours post trigger) because if DH’s count was that low after 36 hours abstinence, why will it be higher tomorrow after only 24? But I’ve read that these things can vary (his count last month was 1.5 mil after the same abstinence period), and also that the count may be higher from home collection, which we’re doing tomorrow and then I’m immediately driving it in in sterile cup.
  • Options
    @mzl1 it couldn't hurt!  i would take the option for a second IUI.

TTC History in Spoiler
    Me: 29  DH:34
    TTC 21 cycles
    All TI cycles BFN (with letrozole, ovidrel, prometrium)
    Hysteroscopy + Polypectomy + D&C on 1/3
    IUI #1 February 6, BFP 2/21, CP 2/26
    IUI #2 March 14, BFN
    IUI #3 April 11, BFN
    IUI #4 May 11, BFN
    July 2018 IVF, developed lead follicle, converted to TI, BFN
    August/September 2018 IVF converted to freeze-all: 7 mature eggs; we fertilized 3 and froze 4. 3/3 fertilized and 1 blast!
    October 2018 FET-BFN
    November 2018 FET-TBD

• Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    Thanks. I’ve been trying to research whether 2 low-count IUI put together can be, functionally, almost the same as one high count IuI... but I can’t find anything 
  • Options
    *lurking*

@mzl1 - was your DH's initial sperm count that low or was this a fluke sample? Either way I'd probably do another IUI, but if his sample is typically that low I would honestly look into IVF if you can. When we were doing IUIs I was told (and read) the goal was 9-10million+ for the highest chance of success. I think with anything less than 1million your odds of success are pretty low with IUI (like 2-5%ish). Good luck to you! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    mzl1mzl1 member
    Thanks! So I guess a bit of a fluke sample bc today’s was 2.3 million- still abnormally low, of course. today’s IUI will be done 42 hours after trigger, Hope it’s not too late, BUT my temp had not risen this morning, so I’m guessing it’s ok
  • Options
    I'm honestly amazed by how many people know how big their follicles are and the count and motility of the sperm. I have had 2 IUI's done in September of 2017 with my OBGyn. During follicle scans they would just say 'ok, 1 dominant good follicle, let's do the trigger shot and IUI within 24hrs.' Then the IUI comes the following day and the nurse practitioner on call would wash the sperm and just say, 'ok looks good' and then insert it.  :| I'm so glad I moved forward with an RE, interested for him to give me this information during my next IUI cycle!
  • Options
    scikapscikap member
    @mzl1 fx for you. For what it's worth, I think 42 hours can be okay. If you ovulated at 36 hours after trigger (the *textbook* expectation), then your egg(s) would still be kicking around at 42 hours, waiting for some sperm. And if your temp was still low in the morning, then it sounds promising.

@LaurenS119 I know what you mean about the suppositories! I have to take them every time bc I have a short LP. I was away on a trip this past weekend and making sure I could put one in, twice a day, and not melt them in the meantime... what a drag. 

TWW is the worst. I'm DPIUI 5 now. and the time is passing way too slowly. I did my IUI last Wed, 37 hours after trigger. Everything *seemed* perfect this time. I had 3 follicles and we had a great sperm sample (39 million, 95% motile). My hubby's issue is a mild morphology problem (3% normal SA) , but because his counts and motility are usually good, our RE says that we still have a good chance by IUI (3% of 39 mill is still over one million good ones I guess?). Hoping this cycle is the one.
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    @scikap I feel you about the wait.. First IUI a week ago- also 3 follicles over 18mm. Hubby had a postwash of 105 million but he’s had borderline morphology too. The clinic I go to will only perform IUI 24 hours after trigger (and it is a very busy clinic). Kinda worrisome that it seems most people here have iui around 36 hours.. 
  • Options
    JWatt5JWatt5 member
    ***lurking from PAIF***
    @somewhereinnyc - try not to worry. My clinic would have us trigger at 2pm after the blood work came in and be back the next day at noon for the IUI. Both myself and best friend have had successful IUIs this way (and many others at the clinic). 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Options
    @JWatt5 thanks so much! Makes me feel better to know that :smile:
  • Options
    and got a BFN today...on to IVF. I need a little break so we're going to start the process for retrieval with my cycle in august. Baby dust to you all!
  • Options
    Hi, I am impatiently waiting for my second IUI (first with Letrozole) in 4-6 days. It is so hard to face the disappointment month after month. Wishing you all baby dust, hope to read some positive news soon! 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    scikapscikap member
    Had my beta on dpiui 12 and it was bfn for me :(
    Consult with doc this morning, as this was our third failed IUI. We've agreed it's worth trying another 3 IUIs as this past cycle we finally found a good dose of FSH for me. After that it'll probably be IVF for us. 

So weird that doc ordered another beta test for me today (it's now dpiui 14). He said that my beta on dpiui 12 had risen from 0.1 to 0.2 and he just wanted to make sure.... I'm thinking so what? I thought anything under 5 was a negative? Also, I stopped my progesterone support after the first phone call as instructed. I guess he would like to know whether I had a brief implantation of any kind, as this would be a positive sign, but I wish I didn't have to go through the stress of waiting for another sad bfn phone call. 
    EDD April 2/19

• Options
    tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited June 2018
    **lurking from the June IVF***

@scikap I'm sorry about the bfn. I know there isn't anything I can say to make this sad feeling all go away. I'm just hoping that things will still go around and you'd have a surprise news later on. But, if things don't go your way, I pray that the next IUI would be successful that you won't need to move to IVF.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    bmaty0214bmaty0214 member
    edited July 2018

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to The Bump and needed to seek others experiences and advise. My hubby and I are both 35 and have been trying for numerous years on and off to get pregnant.

June 10, Started with Clomid 50mg for 5 nights (had 4 follicles the sizes of 20, 18, 18, and 12mm)

June 18 - Trigger shot (Ovidrel)

June 19 - IUI

July 3 - Beta-HCG test  (20mIU/ml)

July 5- retest Beta-HCG (28mIU/ml) = PREGNANT

JUly 9- must retest Beta

* issue is that my levels aren't going up as they claim it should and could possibility of it being a biochemical pregancy.

Has any one experienced this? Trying to stay positive in hopes I got a slow start and soon boost up. This is my first official pregancy ever in the 11 years hubby and I have been together and basically 10 years of unprotected sex.