December 2018 Moms

Need some advice/suggestions!!

Sorry, I was debating on whether to post this here or not, but I really need others advice right now. I posted to one of the symptoms discussions already, but I feel like this will be seen by more people. 

Anyway, I had noted that I feel like I'm dealing with seasonal allergies for the first time because of some of the symptoms I've been experiencing, such as coughing, chest congestion, throat more raw than sore (especially when I wake up), sneezing, etc. Today though, the coughing got so bad for me, it caused me to throw up. My levels of how miserable I've felt today have been off and on. After having a cough drop, I wasn't coughing as much. But of course it came back out of no where when I was trying to go to bed, and it caused my to get sick again. (This time actually scared me because everything that was coming up, didn't want to go up all the way and I really thought I was going to choke on my own vomit)

I know someone on here said it sounded like allergies, but I wanted to know if anyone has dealt with something like this while pregnant? After getting sick twice now, it's making me doubt if it's really allergies or not. (Which i know getting sick can be a part of pregnancy too) I already called my doctor's office this morning (of course this was before throwing up), and she seemed confident that it was allergies and she told me what is safe to take.  I'm wondering if it would be worth calling them again in the morning? 

Sorry for the long post. Just was curious on what others think.. Thanks in advance!

Re: Need some advice/suggestions!!

• I’ve never coughed until puking, but allergies do affect people differently. Have you taken any of the approved meds? Antihistamines (typically) work really fast, so you’ll know soon if it’s allergy-related or not. 
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • During the whole second trimester when I was pregnant with my daughter I had a cold and I would throw up every time I had a coughing fit. My gag reflex was just super sensitive while pregnant. May be the case for you too. I'd ask your doctor if you're really concerned, but (unfortunately!) puking after coughing fits is not super uncommon during pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • My allergies were bad this year and I’m still coughing due to post nasal drip. And there are times when I’m thisclose to vomiting while I cough. If you’re worried, talk to your doctor. Doesn’t sound that unusual to me though (isn’t pregnancy sexy?)
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @echo-charlietango I took some Claritin last night. I threw up about an hour later though, so I don't know if the medicine stayed or not. I will try again later today and see if it works. 
    @maureenmce and @runrinserepeat, thanks for your reassurance. I don't think I'm as concerned now as I was last night, but I will see how today goes. I just hope I can keep what I eat down today!
  • My biggest concern is not peeing myself when I cough, in all honesty. This cough can seriously GTFO any day now. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • @runrinserepeat I peed myself while sneezing and walking during lunch time.  :s
  • @runrinserepeat that would be rough as well. I'm right there with you though with the coughing. I've been starting to take cough drops to try not to cough so much. I'd say it's helping a little.
  • @runrinserepeat I peed myself last time I vomited! I was so mad!

@whitneyb89 Hope you get some relief and are able to stop coughing and throwing up. Definitely talk to your doctor if you can't keep anything down!
  • clbnessclbness member
    @whitneyb89 I'm sorry you're dealing with that...I hope it gets better soon!

Speaking of peeing when *insert action*...after DD was born, I sang too hard/loud and peed my pants.  Also while jogging, coughing, sneezing and laughing, but those are more understandable.  While singing?!  I must have really been into the song.  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @runrinserepeat add me to the list of peeing myself during a coughing fit my last pregnancy. I was at work and on my way to the bathroom when it happened. I came back from the bathroom and told my boss I wasn’t feeling well and had to leave. 

@whitneyb89 I got a cold a couple of weeks ago and several coughing fits have caused me to throw up. I hope your allergies stop soon! 
  • I have to cross my legs when coughing or sneezing and have since I was pregnant with DS 3 years ago. It sucks!
  • clbnessclbness member
    katy0990 said:
    I have to cross my legs when coughing or sneezing and have since I was pregnant with DS 3 years ago. It sucks!
    YES!  If I'm in public, I cross my legs.  If I'm at home, I just straight up grab my crotch to hold it in. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @whitneyb89 Just to add to the rest..the only time I’ve thrown up so far this pregnancy is because I was coughing. And it has almost happened a couple of times since then. I wasn’t even coughing that hard, but it’s something about the mucus that makes me gag (sorry if tmi). Anyway, as others have said, I wouldn’t  let it concern you if that’s what you’re worrying about. Although it does suck and you have my sympathy!
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @rosebud332 that's actually how it has been with me. Yesterday was the first time I've actually thrown up during this pregnancy. When I started feeling a little congested, I felt like I wanted to get sick then too because of the mucus. (Mucus has always disgusted me though :s ) Thank you though! Honestly, the only reason why I have been feeling alittle concerned today is because how lousy I feel. It's been on and off today where I hardly have any energy. But, that's probably nothing unusual either.