December 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker • EDDs 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 12/26

How far along are you?

Excited about your next appointment?  

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? 

GTKY: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
Anniversary

Re: Wednesday Ticker • EDDs 12/5, 12/12, 12/19, 12/26

• How far along are you? 12 week, babe is the size of a plum or a chicken nugget. #nugz4lyfe

Excited about your next appointment? Oh, sure. I have a few questions for the doc, so there’s that. 

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? Dear Diary, my sciatic pain was so bad last night that I literally had trouble making it to the bathroom. I sure hope I don’t have to get a cane to finish out this pregnancy! I really don’t want to give up my daily walks. I guess I should try some yoga or maybe look into a chiropractor. 

GTKY: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Read, binge-watch all of the shows, write, and cook. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    How far along are you? 13 weeks. 1 week left of first trimester!

Excited about your next appointment?  Not really. Had an appointment this morning that was pretty uninteresting (caught the briefest snippet of a heartbeat, but apparently girlie likes to swim too much to give us more than that), and the next one isn't for 5 weeks and doesn't have anything exciting associated with it.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?  I kind of sort of thought I might maybe, possibly have felt something the other day that wasn't gas, and now I'm constantly stopping to evaluate whether there's anything going on down there. I don't know why I'm so eager to have baby make herself known, since I genuinely hated the feeling of baby moving last time, but here we are. I guess this pregnancy has already been so much less misery-inducing (probably because I've got the antepartum and postpartum depression under check) that I'm hoping maybe that part will be different, too.

GTKY: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? If I didn't have to sleep, could I still choose to sleep? Because I really, really like napping. But I guess also I might read, or nap, or clean my house for once.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    12 weeks! Woo!

Yes! Next Tuesday, June 5th. I'm having the NT scan done with my high risk OB. Excited because I get to see baby and tell OB that my fasting numbers are finally coming down!

Posted in the appointment thread already, but the dosage increase brought my numbers down! Woo!!! I'm seriously so excited guys, I really want to avoid insulin as long as possible and this pill working helps keep me off insulin!

Sew, read, cook, probably stargaze some times, and maybe choose to sleep sometimes, I like sleep lol.

@AGK2015 I'm also feeling things and unsure if it's gas or muscle spasms or actually baby. I can't wait to feel baby moving! I had an anterior placenta with DS so I didn't feel him until nearly 21/22 weeks, so I'm not sure if I'm feeling baby or not this time around.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @AGK2015 Good point, I do love my daily naps :joy: And I've also been maybe hopefully feeling teeny tiny flutters of movement. Or maybe it's all in my head! I loved feeling the movements last time around though (minus when he was big and trying to escape out my side), so I'm excited to start feeling this baby.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Selina1313Selina1313 member
    edited May 2018
    How far along are you?
    11 weeks, baby is the size of a lime?
    Yes! Next Thursday I have my NT so I can't wait to see my lil baby again. And then the following Monday I have two appointments back to back. The first is with the midwife and the second is with a nurse practitioner I think. Not really sure why I have 2 though, they didn't explain it to me. But I also scheduled my gender reveal ultrasound for July 7th

When will the bloating go away! I feel so gross after noon every day. And my bf and I are going through a dry spell. It has me believing that it's because I'm gross or he doesn't love me anymore... Stupid hormones.
    I would do all sorts of crafting. Especially making shirts with my cricut!

@CecilB93
    I had an anterior placenta with my first too! I'm hoping this one implanted in another location so that I can feel ALL the kicks!
  • sheshaesheshae member
    How far along are you?
    12 weeks :)
    Yes! Ultrasound and regular DR appt. They've set aside 3 hours for my ultrasound too, since there's two babies. We will know then if they're fraternal or identical. I doubt we will be able to see what they are gender wise. 
    The finish line of the 1st trimester is almost here and I'm pretty excited about that. Also will be announcing the pregnancy to everyone in the next coming weeks. 
    Ditto with @AGK2015 I love my sleep and daily naps. I napped yesterday after work from 5-730. No regrets. Honestly though, if I didn't have to sleep, I'd probably read, paint, watch TV. You know boring stuff. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• @selina1113 I just got all of the stuff to start making shirts back in January!  I made some last year with my friend, but finally got my own heat press and a larger silhouette machine.  I cannot wait to make onsies for this baby! 

@sheshae I have 6 year old ID twin boys.  At my 14 week ultrasound the tech could tell one was a boy, the other was keeping his legs closed.  However, since they were ID we knew that meant the other was a boy also. So you never know!  :smile:  
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks

Excited about your next appointment?  I'm excited to hear the heartbeat, but other than that, it's a pretty boring appt.

Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary? I'm so tired of being so tired.  I want to be able to function normally in the evenings again and not spend the entire night on the couch.

GTKY: If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? I'm with @AGK2015 I do love sleep....but if it wasn't needed, I would binge watch tv, read or craft! 
  • Selina1313Selina1313 member
    edited May 2018
    @snugglyduckling25 I got my cricut for Christmas this past year and my heat press was just given to me as my mother's day present. Before that I was using an iron and it took so long! I can wait to start making stuff for the baby too, which is why I can't wait to find out the gender.
    Do you like the silhouette better than the cricut?
  • sheshaesheshae member
    @snugglyduckling25 that would make my day!! 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• How far along are you?
    10 weeks!!! Double digits! 
    Not really? Having appointments once a month seems like a lot to me, but FTM here. I get that it’s standard, but am I in such a precious state right now that I need a check up every month? Lol. It’ll be nice to hear the baby’s heartbeat. 
    *throws a picture of my cat and runs away* 

I also elect to sleep sometimes because I like sleeping. I’d make craft projects, read, and maybe cook or clean. 
  • @selina1113 I have had a silhouette for quite awhile now, I upgraded to the newest one at Christmas. The last cricut I had you had to use cartridges, so I was in love with the silhouette when I got it because I didn’t have to spend a fortune on cartridges. However, I’m pretty sure cricut has come a long way since then. I still love my silhouette, but can’t really compare it to a cricut fairly.  And an iron?! That does take forever!! You will love the heat press! My BFF and I tried the iron once and gave up - she got a heat press and I use it until recently getting my own. 
  • @snugglyduckling25 yes no more cartridges with the cricut and I'm amazed with how much easier the heat press is than the iron! Although my craft room will be turned into a nursery over the next few months but it's for a good cause so I'm okay with it lol
  • After opening this thread I had zero computer time all day and didn't want to try to reply to each person on mobile, oy vey.

@PensiveCrayon Sorry about the sciatic pain, I’ve never had it and hope I don’t learn any time soon :grimace:

@AGK2015 I thought I felt a flutter recently too! Probably in my head, or just gas…but I had no idea that I would want to feel it either.

@CecilB93 Have a great NT scan! I kind of wish my OB recommended one, just so we can see LO again :lol:

@Selina1313 I’m waiting for the bloat to go away too.

@sheshae Three hours for an ultrasound - wow!

@snugglyduckling25 Instead of spending all night on a couch, I spend most days hanging out on the guest bed with my laptop (ahem, like right now) because not standing up is so nice :smile:

@tumbleweed-1 I’m happy to see your cat each week! Yesterday I met a local shop cat and got my kitty-fix for the day :heart: 

How far along are you?
    12+1

YES! It's just a record collection & bonus ultrasound before we move. It'll be on the last day of the first trimester (13+6, since I recognize the first tri as 13 entire weeks), and I'm excited to see/hear LO again.

Dear Diary, I have so many little things that I want to unload onto Craigslist for free (like barely used perfumes, and hair products) but I really hate talking to people and I don't want to pause a nap just to meet someone in a coffee shop. Should I toss them here, donate to Goodwill (no local women's shelters), or unload at our new house?

I would love to read and write! I have so many books that need to be read, and so little time.

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango I’d say unload them at the new place. A) that will save you the mental effort and interrupted nap time now and B) if the military is moving you it’s not like it costs any extra aside from having to sort through it on the other end. You could even box it up separately. Also yay for an extra goodbye ultrasound!
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    @echo-charlietango When we moved, I threw literally everything I wanted to get rid of into one pile and stuck it on the local B/S/T, with the caveat that it's free, but you have to take it all and you have to pick it up. It was gone that night, and the woman who took it picked through what she wanted and put the rest right back up (with a few additions of her own). I did a facebook B/S/T just because it's less creepy and anonymous than Craigslist, but it was well worth the 15 minutes I spent actually dealing with her.
  • @AGK2015 Yeah, I’ve considered FB groups, but I seriously loathe FB Messenging. Even when I specify “email only” or “comment only” dummies still send them. Truly I just hate having a million ways to be contacted. I also want to just notify folks that “Item is free on the sidewalk on Main Street (@Whatev Ave), just take it and don’t talk to me.”

Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango I would either do what @AGK2015 suggested or throw it all in a box and deal with it later. Definitely no interrupting nap time! 
  • It’s settled - we’re moving with the stuff and I’ll sort it out in the second tri, hope it’s full of the energy we keep reading about! Also, I looked online and found a women’s shelter that can take most of the stuff (I love donating to either Women’s or LGBTQ or Transitional Family shelters) :heart:

Anniversary