December 2018 Moms

FTM Check-In - Week of 5/29

1.  How far along are you?

2.  How are your symptoms?  Feeling better?  Still miserable?  Anything weird and new showing up?

3.  Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?

4.  GTKY:  What are you looking forward to the most and the least about being a mother/parent?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In - Week of 5/29

• 1. How far along are you?
    11+6

2. How are your symptoms?  Feeling better?  Still miserable?  Anything weird and new showing up?
    Getting better -generally. Yesterday I felt like crap all day, but I think that's because I ate non-salads for two days and my body is telling me to get back on the greens. Wish I didn't have chronic allergies, because being congested constantly is getting old.

3. Rants/Raves/Questions/Dear Diary?
    Dear Diary, I had cookies and milk for breakfast #NoRegrets

4. GTKY:  What are you looking forward to the most and the least about being a mother/parent?
    Most looking forward to taking LO to museums and exposing them to the arts.
    Least looking forward to DH's first deployment from LO :bawling:
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • 1.  How far along are you?
    9 wk 6 days 
    2.  How are your symptoms?  Feeling better?  Still miserable?  Anything weird and new showing up?
    They’ve never really been that bad. Sometimes after I eat I feel a bit ill and I have some aversions. And I guess I’ll just have terrible breath for the foreseeable future because I gag so bad when I try to brush my tongue. I’ve had a meal come up once, and I don’t want to repeat that. I have to brush fairly soon after everything I eat too because clear braces life. 
    Dear Diary, I garden fairly regularly, why are my legs so damn sore just from a 1-2 hours of strawberry picking yesterday? I know I’ve slacked on the gardening lately, but this is nothing new for my leg muscles. I had to stop picking berries, not because I filled my box, or hit a $ limit, but because my pregnancy legs were tired. 
    4.  GTKY:  What are you looking forward to the most and the least about being a mother/parent?
    most- having fun with my kid(s)- going on outings, playing games, exploring, reading, etc. 
    least- (I apologize for being “this person” and getting political again) explaining the worst parts of society, and that sometimes adults make rules that are “wrong”, and trying to teach my kids right/wrong without them developing an existential crisis. 
  • Loading the player...
  • hkomhkom member
    13 weeks.

I had been feeling so much better, but the past two days I've been having multiple all-food-is-terrible struggles when it's time to eat.  I've also been getting headaches.  They usually aren't bad enough to lay me up, but they linger all day just enough so that I'm slightly miserable.   Also hoping the bloat calms down soon.  I still need to work on remembering that I just can't eat very much at once.

I've been sleeping better, praise, thanks to my spiffy new Snoogle, although I'm still adjusting to having the giant thing in the bed.

@echo-charlietango Don't feel too bad, I had pie with whipped cream for breakfast yesterday.

Currently mustering up the courage for a weekend trip I have planned with some girlfriends this weekend.  I'm just nervous I'm going to feel like garbage the whole time, which will make me cranky and prone to getting bitchy.  I've grown apart from some of these people but we are still in the same group so I'm kind of "friends" with them by default.  Anyway, I have such a low tolerance for BS lately (not even related to pregnancy, just in general with some changes that have happened over the past couple of years) and some of these girls can bring the BS, especially when alcohol is involved.  Anyway, I'm trying to refrain from writing a book here.  Hopefully it goes smoothly and I don't bite anyone's head off.  

Mostly, my husband and I are looking forward to just moving to the next step of our lives.  Not that we're bored with each other or anything, but we're just past the stage of going out and having to be doing something all the time.  Most nights and weekends we just hang out at home, which I love, but it also gets mundane, you know?  It will be nice to have kids to add to the mix.  I'm really excited to teach fresh minds all about the world and expose them to all sorts of things, watch them develop interests and personalities, and guide them through all of that and then hopefully have them turn out to be interesting, capable, and well-adjusted adults.

My biggest worry is far down the road, but it's kind of the opposite of what I'm looking forward to.  The past 2-3 years I've had to watch my parents deal with my 32 year old brother being a pretty advanced alcoholic, and the toll that's taken on them and their lives.  It's like they have a child all over again, except with none of the joy.  I'm just terrified of having to go through something similar.  

On a lighter, and more immediate note, I'm worried about breastfeeding.  I went into detail about it in a different thread, but I'm just nervous about being essentially physically chained to this baby for however many months and how it's going to affect me mentally.

@echo-charlietango I do not envy you one bit about the deployment.  I cannot imagine going through that.  Hugs in advance for whenever that arrives.  

BabyFruit Ticker

12 weeks, 1 day 

Slowly improving. Still have nausea. Acne. Nothing new 

not today 

Most: bonding. Baby snuggle time. Family vacations 

Least: Teen years lol 
  • @tumbleweed-1 I hope the teaching of right/wrong goes smoothly too! I need to learn more about child development to make sure that DH & I are clear for various stages of LO's emotional intelligence. 

@hkom I hope that you don't have to deal with more alcoholism either, and I'm with you for raising a well-adjusted adult too! Meanwhile, DH is looking at a nice long deployment in about three years, so that'll be ...awesome. I'll definitely be relying on the military network to help me solo-parent a toddling babe.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • hkomhkom member
    @echo-charlietango If you need a standard to make you feel a little better about your husband's deployment (not that I'm discounting it - any deployment sucks tremendously) my uncle was deployed (a long one) while my aunt birthed their triplets, and they already had one kid as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @echo-charlietango I'm sure that will be tough, having to deal with DH's deployment. My brother-in-law is in the navy and he was deployed both times his kids were born! Luckily, he has pretty much been with them for the past 4 years (first here, then in Korea for his most recent post). My SIL always praises the support she's received from the military and other military wives/moms, so hopefully that network will be useful for you!

@hkom Yey for the snoogle and good sleep! Your concerns are so real and they're something I worry about too. It's scary to think that far down the road and wonder what your child is going to be like when they're older, and how much of an impact you can really have on their life decisions. I think about me and my two brothers and how we were all raised by the same parents, the same way, but we all turned out so differently. My older bother had a drug problem for a while and ended up in jail several times. He's cleaned up now, thanks to his SO, but it was really hard for my parents. I always wonder why people turn out the way they do...

@tumbleweed-1 +1 on the teeth-brushing gagging! It's awful! Someone in another thread suggested trying kids' toothpaste b/c the flavor isn't as strong. And I hope your energy / leg strength comes back in a few weeks when you move out of the 1st trimester!

13 weeks 3 days (2nd trimester at the end of the week! Woohoo!)

Mostly feeling better! My symptoms haven't been too bad throughout, but now I'm mainly just dealing with bloating and constipation.

I still get so anxious between appointments. My last appointment was 5/10 at 10 weeks 5 days. I'm so ready to publicly announce our pregnancy, but I feel like our last check-up was not late enough in the pregnancy to feel comfortable! Still have a week and a half to go until our next appointment. We don't have an US, but we should get to listen to baby bean's heartbeat on the doppler. If all is well at that appointment, I think I finally be ready to take the plunge and officially announce that we're expecting!

I am most looking forward to just spending time with baby and the experiences I hope we have together (reading together, going camping, teaching him/her about my hobbies, watching them find their own hobbies, etc.)

Honestly, I am least looking forward to having to go back to work so soon after giving birth. I'm thankful that I will have about 8 weeks home with baby and then DH will have an additional 4 weeks after that, but it seems so short! I'm heartbroken over it already, and I actually love my job! It'll be tough, but we'll make it work.
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 33, DH: 41
    Started IF Feb. 2014
    PCOS & MFI (low sperm count and motility)
    3 Femara cycles w/natural intercourse over summer 2014, BFN
    1 Clomid cycle w/natural intercourse Nov. 2014, BFN
    IUI March 2015, BFN
    IUI June 2015, BFN
    IUI Oct. 2015, BFN
    IVF Oct. 2016, fresh transfer, 2 day-3 embryos, BFN; nothing to freeze
    IVF Nov. 2017, fresh transfer, 2 day-5 blasts, BFP; ectopic; 1 blast frozen
    FET March 2018, 1 day-5 blast, BFP!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

10+6

Still pretty miserable—nauseous off and on all day still.  No new symptoms as of yet.

Can’t wait for our genetic testing results to come in this week!

I’m looking forward to just having my baby and holding him/her for the first time.  I’m nervous about “doing everything right” which I think is a normal FTM feeling.  I’m not looking forward to any unwanted opinions from others about what I should and shouldn’t do in terms of raising my child.

@mag1cbeli3ver; I feel the same way about being anxious to announce my pregnancy.  I have my next appointment at 13 weeks, so I’ll probably feel more comfortable going public after that one