January 2019 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms: 5/28

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms: 5/28

• Options
    @libertymomrn Yes, I could see medical cannabis being legalized one day, but legalized for recreational use? I just don't see it happening here.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Apparently I have super taste today, and it's driving me crazy.  I drink tons of water out of a stainless steel water bottle. I just washed it a few days ago, but it was smelling/ tasting musty this morning so I washed it again.  Now the water tastes like soap, even though I've rinsed it out about a dozen times.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Let me just say that the Bump app SUCKS. I know other people have complained about it before, so add me to the team. 
  • Options
    @luckymay2x I created a shortcut to this group via Safari, and it’s not *quite* as bad as the app. At least the back button works. 
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    @luckymay2x I hate it.. it’s the one reason I’m not very active on here
  • Options
    Currently dipping honey bbq poppables (Lay’s) in avocado lime ranch dressing from chick-fil-a.

I’ve lost my damn mind. Why is it so good? It may be gag worthy to some of you...most of you.
  • Options
    libertymomrnlibertymomrn member
    edited June 2018
    I’m a nurse and I recently had a patient ( who is a chain smoker) try to tell me that cigarettes don’t cause lung problems; recliners do. And then we healthcare providers blame the cigarettes. Okay, then.
  • Options
    @libertymomrn That's great that you're involved in trying to change the policies! I hope to see it legalized for recreational use some day, but there are so many people who would benefit from it from a medical perspective, so that's at least a start.
  • Options
    I’m a nurse and I recently had a patient ( who is a chain smoker) try to tell me that cigarettes don’t cause lung problems; recliners do. And then we healthcare providers blame the cigarettes. Okay, then.

• Options
    julesf817julesf817 member
    edited June 2018
    @luckymay2x I created a shortcut to this group via Safari, and it’s not *quite* as bad as the app. At least the back button works. 
    Omg what a good idea. I hate this apparently so much!

edit...apparently? Was supposed to say app.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It is nice, not going to lie :joy: 

It's the most stressfree experience buying it too. You go into these bright pretty stores with the most helpful friendly staff.  They have everything you could ever dream of. It's really awesome
    I can’t wait. We voted for it in fall of 2016, and we still don’t have shops open due to all the red tape. Guess they just wanted to wait until I couldn’t go  :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    merostomatamerostomata member
    edited June 2018
    @julesf817 me too. I'm bummed about missing summer drinking and I already missed one beach trip where everyone was smoking weed.  The beach is my favorite spot to smoke.  
    Ah that sounds like heaven! I miss weed and beer and wine, it’ll be a little sad this summer for sure haha. I already went to an awesome concert and wedding and couldn’t partake :,( and have a lot of fun upcoming summer plans to be sober for, but it’s all worth it lol. Too bad we can’t have weed during pregnancy, I feel like it would really help with issues like nausea and insomnia. Btw- I live in Colorado. It’s become so normal/mainstream/accepted here very quickly! It totally blows my mind.

PS- anyone have any tasty alcohol substitutes, like mocktails etc? Someone mentioned ginger beer earlier and I had forgotten how good ginger beer is.
  • Options
    Cannabis is legal here in California but it’s up to each individual city/county whether or not to have dispensaries. My county voted to not have them but you can still grow it on your own. Only 6 cities, so far, have voted to have dispensaries. I’m pretty conservative but I really don’t care if someone smokes weed. As long as you’re not driving or hurting anyone, be my guest. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The Bump just asked me, “what do you think of the app?” Gave them some feedback...maybe they are going to make it more user friendly? One can hope...
  • Options
    Hey, quick question, do I have to bring anything to a bridal shower? I just found out this evening that I have to be to one at 11 in the morning.  I’ve never been to one, and honestly don’t understand the point behind them and would rather sleep in.  But, if I don’t go, the Hs family will just have another reason to hate me. 
  • Options
    @sweetbriarbee I’m from New England so it might be different in other areas of the country, but it’s traditional around here to bring a gift to a bridal shower. You are “showering” the bride with presents so to speak. I usually bring something small $25 or less since you are also still expected to do a wedding gift. Or ar the very least a nice card with some cash since most couples starting out definitely appreciate cash. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @SweetBriarBee Yes, it is traditional you bring a gift, but it doesn't have to be large.  A card with a $20-25 gift card to wherever they're registered is a good quick option. 

• Options
    I'm surprised the February BMB isn't up yet. 
    TW

• Options
    eleven_ said:
    @libertymomrn Yes, I could see medical cannabis being legalized one day, but legalized for recreational use? I just don't see it happening here.
    Pretty much never. I don't really care either way if recreational gets legalized here. If it is, tax the crap out of it and give the money to our schools and public service. If it's not then meh, we lose out on money. I won't smoke it for recreation use either way.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    pttomatopttomato member
    edited June 2018
    DH has a man cold. He laying in bed on his phone because he’s tired and his throat hurts a little. Meanwhile I’m up watching DD, making breakfast, and getting everything together so I can take DD out so she gets her outside running around time for the day after sleeping terribly because my stomach hurt all night and getting up with DD at 2:30 am.

Plus I get to drive 30 minutes out of my way with DD to pick up his wallet that he lost because he needs to stay home and rest.
  • Options
    @pttomato oh hell no. You are a nicer woman than I am.
  • Options
    jgil85jgil85 member
    Ughhhh!! DS has a double ear infection and frickin Hand Foot and Mouth! I'm pretty sure that he contracted hfm from our community pool which grosses me out and solidifies my hatred for community pools.  

I'm praying I don't get sick.
  • Options
    @luckymay2x At least he made it up to me by taking DD to go get us lunch when I got home. He’s usually pretty good about equal parenting when he’s home, but he sucks at doing anything when he’s sick.
  • Options
    @jgil85 My kids had hands, foot, and mouth last winter and it was the absolute worst! I'm so sorry. 
    TW

• Options
    Mandamay1414Mandamay1414 member
    edited June 2018
    @jgil85, we just got over HFM here.. DD had a really bad rash but otherwise seemed unaffected (no fever, etc). She still has scars on her legs :( 

I did catch it from her, but I got the fever and terrible body aches for 2 days and only had a few tiny painful spots on my hands and feet.. I'm so glad I didn't have morning sickness on top of that..

Hope you guys feel better soon!