December 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday

Hello there! 
How far along are you?
How has exercising been going this week? 
R/R/Qs
Gtky: Any great Memorial
Day weekend plans?

Re: Fit Mom Friday

• How far along are you? 12 +1
    How has exercising been going this week? Great! I exercised 3 days. My energy is coming back- it’s not 100% but I’m happy for any improvement. 
    R/r/q I had something to write here, but I’ve already forgotten 
    Memorial Day weekend plans? I have off on Monday!! ILs visiting starting tonight- house needs some cleaning! 
  • @Activebaby I'm cleaning for the in-laws today too! I'm gonna count that as my workout and it'll still be the most I've done in a few days. I do not belong in this thread lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • morgantu said:
    @Activebaby I'm cleaning for the in-laws today too! I'm gonna count that as my workout and it'll still be the most I've done in a few days. I do not belong in this thread lol 
    You belong here! This has not been a hard core thread - more of an encouragement (and for me accountability) thread. Enjoy your ILs we are telling them about the baby this weekend. SIL was visiting with us last weekend and we didn’t tell her.
  • How far along are you?

12 weeks

Better!  I went to yoga twice and the most awkward Zumba class of my life.  I was the only participant, and let's just say I'm not a quick Zumba study.  I'm still happy about my return to exercise.

R/R/Qs

Rant: I've been taking antibiotics for a uti since Monday.  I noticed improvement right away -- fewer nighttime bathroom trips.  Last night was terrible again though!  And I think my urine looks kinda cloudy? I'm worried the meds are not doing the trick.  I'm also worried that having sex caused a relapse.  I'll be finished with the antibiotics on Monday and have an appointment Tuesday, so at least I can get tested again to make sure everything is ok.

Gtky: Any great Memorial Day weekend plans?

Not too many plans.  I'm heading to Baltimore for a friend's going away BBQ on Sat.  Her husband makes amazing food so I'm excited.  Also excited to hang out with friends of course!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @morgantu I totally count that too, so... 
    @activebaby yeah for more energy! I love not needing a nap during my son’s nap anymore. 

How far along are you? 10+6

How has exercising been going this week? Heavy! All related to yard work during my son’s naps. I got sod cut and laid, plants repacked and planted, and the pool put up. I’m sore and over did it, but the yard looks great and I feel accomplished, especially doing the sod by myself. (I’m a total newb at yard stuff) We also go for a walk every day after nap that I will try to keep up until it gets too hot. *My “work outs” will all be like this, so if this thread is geared for more gym-like routines only, just let me know! :) *

R/R/Qs- See above rave

Day weekend plans? Our close friends are coming to stay for the weekend with their two kids. Should be lovely in our now nice yard!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 8w6d
    How has exercising been going this week? Great! I've worked out every weekday. Mostly at the gym, but last night on the treadmill at home because traffic was terrible and I got back way too late.
    R/R/Qs
    Gtky: Any great Memorial Day weekend plans? DS turns two on Sunday so we are doing stuff with him tomorrow and Sunday. Monday we are going to a cookout for my MILs to celebrate Memorial Day and my FILs birthday.

@kadeephd Do you live near Baltimore? I'm not far from it!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie I live in DC, so pretty close.  I rarely go there though.  My brother and SIL live in Columbia so I'm out there sometimes, but they are moving to NC this summer.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kadeephd Columbia is where I go to get DS's hair cut. Also, they have  shake shack at the mall. lol DC isn't too far away, but I almost never go there. The drive is TERRIBLE!!

•  @AdorkablePixie I know the traffic is so bad! I try to avoid driving as much as possible.  Columbia is a nice area but I know I'll never go there again after my brother and SIL move away.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    edited May 2018
    I'm joining this thread in hopes it will help keep me accountable.  I have been seriously slacking on working out because I have just been feeling so crappy and/or unmotivated and I really need to drag myself out of it.

How far along are you?
    12 weeks 3 days!

Better than usual because I've been doing a lot of yard work.  Dragging flower pots around and planting flowers/vegetables, so it's at least some activity that wears me out.  My husband has been really good about going for runs and I haven't been joining him.  I hope my motivation changes soon.  I'm also going to try to start taking the dog for a long walk every day and not just a few times a week.

R/R/Qs
    Nothing at the moment.

It's going to rain Saturday, so I'm hoping I can do a lot of cleaning/organization in our spare room (future nursery), office, and basement.  I have been neglecting them hard core and it's starting to make me crazy.

*Edit because I forgot the rest this last question.  We have been trying to remove this ~15 ft tall spruce tree from our front yard for the last several weeks.  We only have like half the branches cut off so far.  Hopefully we can finish it this weekend because it's driving me nuts and I want to get the replacement tree in before summer gets too crazy hot.  

We're going to a cookout at my mom's Sunday.  I was hoping they would just come to our place for a small quiet one, but I guess they want to invite friends so we have to trudge over there.  It's only like ten minutes away but we ALWAYS go there and no one ever comes to our house, which makes me sad because I like hosting.  Waahhh.

Monday I will try to work a little bit at home because I'm taking a bunch of days off soon, but we will probably go watch the city parade and do some yard stuff as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

• hkomhkom member
    @kadeephd Ugh, UTIs are the worst. I don't get them often so I'm really hoping I can avoid one while pregnant.

BabyFruit Ticker

• 11+4 today. I've managed two 3ish mile runs this week. I'd like to be doing more, but unfortunately it's DH's busy time of year for work. He's gone a lot of evenings and weekends, and we got rid of the double jogger (and that's fine, because like hell am I going to push 90+lbs worth of kids in a 20lb stroller), so I just don't have a lot of opportunities lately. The opportunities I do have are at 5:00am, and I'm still exhausted enough that that's not happening. 

AFA memorial day, DH is leaving tonight and won't be back until Monday evening, most likely. So it'll be another long weekend by myself with the kids. My aunt, cousin, sister, and SIL will be coming over Sunday, but I have no idea what I'm going to do on Saturday or Monday, and TBH, I'm a little overwhelmed just thinking about it. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • How far along are you?  9 weeks, 4 days

How has exercising been going this week?  Horrible. Exercised Monday, then been having bleeding since Tuesday.  Doctor wasn't concerned, but I didn't feel comfortable exercising until I figure out what's going on.  I see the doctor later today.  I'm panicking, anxious, and feeling guilty. Ugh!

R/R/Qs:  see above

Day weekend plans?  Just a family party on Sunday.  Not sure I'll be up for it though.

• How far along are you?
    12 weeks 3 days!

Good! I've been off work so there's really been so excuse, haha. I've walked every day and done my st home strength training twice so far. (I'll do it for a third and final time for the week today.)

R/R/Qs
    Rave: I'm really pleased with my health and fitness stuff so far. I haven't gained any weight or missed more than one day of exercise, even though I've felt like crap. I'm hoping this means I will be successful in my 20 pound or less goal, weight gain wise!

Day weekend plans?
    We will be potty training! So no! Haha.

• @maureenmce good luck with potty training. We are doing it an odd way with ds2. He wants to go and asks so I take him. I take him when we get to daycare and before we leave, but they aren’t reinforcing it there. I’ve talked to them a lot, but since he is still in the toddler class (22 months), they haven’t been working with him (if he asks they will take him, but they say he doesn’t. I bet they are too overwhelmed to notice). It aggravates me, but I also understand. I wouldn’t be pushing ds2 to do it- it’s all him initiating. I hope I don’t miss a window of opportunity. Also he’ll be 2 in 2 months, and if he gets moved to the 2 year old class they’ll reinforce it in school. 
  • hbmama21hbmama21 member
    edited May 2018
    @scaredunprepared I think that’s totally understandable. I was having bleeding any time I got active, so I restricted what I did. 10+1 was the last bleeding I had and a I know a couple others stopped around that time too. I hope you’re at the end of it so you can feel more confident and get to do what you enjoy soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hbmama21 doc advised me today to abstain from kickboxing for 5 weeks!  Ugh!  I hope I'm at the end of it too, this is scary and frustrating!  If I need to take it easy, I get it, but 5 wks!?  
  • hbmama21hbmama21 member
    edited May 2018
    @scaredunprepared I’m sure it’s an abundance of caution timeline, it sucks, but I’m glad they’re taking it seriously. Maybe if you have a couple weeks with no bleeding they’ll suggest easing back into it or trying the lighter, more conditioning parts of it? FX for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello there! 
    How far along are you? 11 weeks today.
    How has exercising been going this week? I worked out on Sunday- it was a crossfit partner workout and it was a doozy. then I woke up with an awful head cold on Monday and have been down for the count since :(. I've felt so blah since I haven't been able to workout... really hoping to get back on the bandwagon this week- I can sort of breathe through my nose again. 
    R/R/Qs: just bummed I've already gained 4lbs when I've been trying to eat healthy and workout. I was finally at a comfortable weight before this baby and it just sucks to feel so huge already. I'll get over it! 
    Day weekend plans? Nothing crazy! We went to the farmers market today and a cookout/pool party this evening. Tomorrow we're making our monthly SAM's club run and cooking out again, and then hubby and I are running in a memorial day 5k on Monday.. THAT should be interesting as it's been weeks since I've gone for a run  :D 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • abowlsabowls member
    @orangecrush29, did your Dr. OK you doing CrossFit?  Mine has basically said no lifting while engaging my core (so basically no lifting properly
  • abowlsabowls member
    I have no idea why that only posted part of my comment.  I've known people that did CrossFit or Olympic lifting pretty much all the way through their pregnancies.  I'm just wondering if some Drs are reasonable or if all of the people I know that did that were ignoring their Drs.  I'm wondering if I should shop around for a more reasonable Dr.
  • @abowls I think it depends on the doctor as well as the individual woman and that specific pregnancy. My doctor originally told me I could continue kickboxing as long as I took it easy. However, after a few bleeding scares, and after taking into consideration the fact that I am high risk, she later told me to abstain from kickboxing for the next 5 weeks until I'm into my second trimester.  
  • @abowls I think it also depends on your Dr.'s familiarity with said exercise AND their level of old-schooledness. Last year my doc didn't say anything about my PiYo...because he didn't know what it was. When I explained that it's more like 90 percent cardio and only 5 percent pilates + 5 percent yoga, he recommended dialing it down and making sure that I didn't exhaust myself. I ended up quitting ultimately, but before I left the class I did opt out of the heat-building routines and I lowered a lot of the reps.
    It was so awkward being secretly pregnant in that class (my instructor knew, but nobody else why I was getting winded super fast, and taking breaks).

How far along are you?
    11+3, baby is as tall as a bobby pin
    *shifty eyes* I um, have only been doing minimal leg things. My motivation bottomed out a month ago when I bloated out of all of my gym clothes. I try to stretch each day and do some leg things because I don't want my thighs to chafe this summer.
    R/R/Qs
    Received a pair of yoga capris from Amazon. HOLY COMFORTABLE, BATMAN. Wish they weren't dog-fur magnets otherwise I would wear those mofos all day everyday. All hail the yoga waistband.
    We went to a friends BBQ, they had dueling pork butts and all the desserts came from Milk Bar in NY (their birthday cake and Crack Pie were delicious). Of course I made a gallon of watermelon agua fresca, and told the hostess that I'm KU on the way out. PS, watermelon juice with a few ounces of Corona is mega refreshing.
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • abowlsabowls member
    This woman that I saw just seems a little ridiculous about exercise.  She was very specific about not riding bicycles.  Apparently she had a woman fall off of a bike and break her arm while riding on a trail that is paved and pretty much flat.  She acted like the woman had done something obviously dangerous.  Riding a bike on a flat paved trail seems 100% ok to me.  It makes it difficult to take advice seriously when the person giving it seems unreasonable.

• I hiked a small mountain yesterday. I figure if my 1 and 4 year olds could handle it, I could too. It was nice to be outside.

• abowls said:

@orangecrush29, did your Dr. OK you doing CrossFit?  Mine has basically said no lifting while engaging my core (so basically no lifting properly

I honestly haven’t asked. But I’ve been doing CrossFit for 6 years and did it for a lot of my last pregnancy with no issues. I lower the weights and omit most of the Olympic lifting, but still do basic lifts just fine. I think as long as you’ve been doing it for awhile and your body is used to it/you’re doing it right, it’s fine... I just listen to my body and so far it hasn’t failed me!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I played some tennis yesterday, and I miss it sooo much. I wish I had someone in town to play with. Only issue is it was about 95 degrees burn we took a lot of water breaks. So fun. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga

• How far along are you?
    13 weeks and 2 days

Great! Got in 6 days of lifting which means I’m finally back to my pre pregnancy workout routine. 

R/R/Qs
    question: does anyone else feel huge for how far along they are? Someone told me I look 6 months pregnant today.....

Day weekend plans? Hung out with my son and my hubby. The husband and I completed the Murph Memorial Day workout which was killer! Of course I completed it with some modifications. 
    1 mi run
    100 pull ups
    200 push ups
    300 squats
    1 mi run
  • fernsyfernsy member
    Hello everyone! Joining this for accountability and to be inspired by you all!

How far along are you? 9 weeks, 4 day

How has exercising been going this week?  Okay. I do an outdoor bootcamp twice a week. I haven't told the trainer and I feel like I probably should because its a super small class (usually 2-3 people) and I don't want him to think I'm slacking-- its just that I'm trying not to vomit! I just keep hoping that the nausea will pass. I also do some workouts through barre3 online, I only did one last week though.

R/R/Qs
    See above.

Gtky: Any great Memorial Day weekend plans? Busy weekend --but today we just relaxed.

• How far along are you?
    10w2d
    Terrible...I managed a 9 mile”run”(read: mostly walking) on Tuesday and besides some yard work and short wallabies with the dog that is it for the week. I’m hoping joining this thread will motivate me to put down the cookies and get back to the gym. 
    R/R/Qs
    Rant: my food is off the rails. Before I got pregnant I was down 15 lbs and rocking a healthy diet. Now I’m hungry all the time (mostly for carbs) and I’m exhausted. I don’t remember it being this bad last time...
    Day weekend plans? A whole lot of nothing. Summer isn’t my crazy time at work so this was my last chance for r and r
  • @abowls About working out - I've read and heard (from my doctor) that as long as you aren't just starting to work out once you become pregnant and you aren't increasing the difficulty of your workout, it's usually fine to continue. As long as you're not high risk, obviously. For example, if you didn't run at all pre-pregnancy, you shouldn't start training to run a 5k while you're 6 weeks pregnant. :) Also, I do believe every doctor is different, yours sounds super old school.

• @kadeephd I don't blame you. I will actually be giving birth there, that's where my midwife office is. When I was pregnant with DS we were living in Laurel while we looked for a house to buy, so that's where I found a doctor. They were so amazing I didn't want to switch.

• How far along are you? 10 weeks 4 days if you go by my last ultrasound.

How has exercising been going this week? It was terrible last week - I was SO tired. But I did do one of the old 21 Day Fix Total Body videos yesterday and went for a nice walk. For anything, whether I'm doing PiYo, 21 Day Fix, walking, hiking, any other workout videos... I just have to take lots of breaks. My heart rate shoots up way faster than it used to and I just need to watch out. :) I had a hankering for Insanity again a few weeks ago (in a moment of non-fatigue) and had to remind myself that I probably didn't want to start that one up again until after baby arrives. Lol.

@echo-charlietango Do you have the online Beachbody subscription or PiYo DVDs? Instead of going to a class, you might be able to do it longer when you're able to take it at your own pace at home! (And setting yourself up in front of an AC/fan/open window with a breeze. That's what I've been doing recently when working out.  :D )

R/R/Qs
    @sterjacks21 Yes, I feel huge. But I'm not sure anyone else can notice it yet. Well, colleagues are looking, haha, but aren't saying anything yet. I think I feel so big because everything causes discomfort when it rests on my abdomen, as well as the fact that my rib cage is already bigger so all of my tighter/non-stretchy shirts and dresses don't fit. 

Gtky: Any great Memorial Day weekend plans? Not really. Did some chores, went shopping for clothes, and did a whole lotta nothing. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @omnommer Re:Beachbody
    I don’t! I’m thinking about getting some DVDs (rather, Amazon downloads) when we move, so I can pause as often as needed. Next house is one level, so I’m likely to actually use the TV to workout. I’m looking for good legs/butt workouts - any suggestions?
    NTNP since Dec 2012 | TTC since Jan 2016
    Dx: Unspecified IF

BFP#1 Nov 2017 • Blighted Ovum + MMC • D&C at nine weeks
    BFP#2 Apr 2018 • It's a boy! • Born 13 Dec 2018 :love:
    Anniversary
  • @echo-charlietango Well, I loved 80 Day Obsession (which is Beachbody's newest workout) but I think in an effort to get more people onto the streaming site, it's only available there rather than via DVD. Which is sad. 

There look to be a ton of options on Amazon to add to my Watchlist. (seemingly for free as a Prime member? That's awesome.) I can't give any suggestions as to what's good, but it looks like a lot of things to choose from. If you find something good, let me know!

You should also probably checkout FitnessBlender.com (which I've only looked at a little) but they seemed to have some good stuff and it's all free streaming. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    11 weeks 4 days. Honestly I did a terrible job last week. I didn't go to the gym once. I'm blaming it on the fact that my body pump instructor is out on surgery leave until the first week of july. I know I have to go back and do something before then though. I have been running after my 2.5 yo son though so that counts a little. My bump is definitely showing sooner this time. I haven't told many people yet, including my boss, and I'm like how am I this big already?!?!
  • texas_ttexas_t member
    How far along are you? 13w2d

How has exercising been going this week? We were on vacation but were very active! We hiked 4 miles one day and walked and walked and walked the other days! I plan to work out 2 or 3 more days this week.
    *Loss 8/2014*
    *Rainbow 8/2015*
    *Expected Rainbows 12/2018*
    *Loss of Twin 5/2018*

• I *will* go for a run when I get home tonight. You hear me, self?
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • I second the recommendation for Fitness Blender!  I have used it on and off for the past few years.  There is a lot of variety and you can search for workouts based on the parts of the body you'd like to focus on, the equipment you have (or no equipment), and the length of the workout.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Gah. Treadmill is dead and it’s 90 out so I’m not running outside. Tomorrow is all thunderstorms. Uuuuuugh. 
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga