December 2018 Moms

FFFC 5/25

2»

Re: FFFC 5/25

• @hkom I surprised myself in that I really enjoyed breastfeeding.  I wanted to do it for as long as possible because it was free! But, I was really upset when I dried up and couldn't breast feed anymore because of how much I liked it.  It was REALLY hard in the beginning because of a bad latch, and its hard, and it hurts, but once we got over the hump, it was really nice.

@rosebud332 Fed is best.  If you try it again and it doesn't work, as long as you feed your baby, no one should give a f.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I can't imagine nursing for an hour per session @rosebud332. Especially not with the second! My son was a very efficient nurser and only ever did 10-15 minutes per side, even when he was a newborn. I'm firmly in the "you do you" camp but will also be the first to offer support to anyone struggling to BF. If that makes any sense at all!

Re: autonomy @hkom Not exactly the same thing, but I was worried beforehand that I would hate BF because I hate having my nipples touched in general. (You know, because it's such a daily occurrence. Hah.) But it ended up not being an issue at all. My son is actually very anti-snuggle and super independent, so I enjoyed having the BF time when he was forced to hang out with me.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • AGK2015AGK2015 member
    More than two years into breastfeeding here; I'm willing to do it because she gets comfort (and at one point got all of her nourishment) from it and I don't hate it, but it's never been something that I enjoyed beyond the perks of not having to buy formula or wash bottles, and I certainly never felt like it was a linchpin in my relationship with my daughter. No judgment from me on moms who decide to (or have to) do otherwise. 

My FFFC: we're super far behind on laundry, which is the real reason that my daughter is wearing shiny disco pants to school today (I technically let her pick, but it was either that or her Santa pajama pants). And I didn't have any clean underwear, so... commando.
  • @hkom I will say on breastfeeding it can be very tiresome having to have this tiny human attached to you almost continuously, you're at their beck and call. However, if it isn't your jam and still want the benefits you can always pump. :) I did both. I loved the bonding with DD, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it at first though/beforehand. To each their own. :) I've done BF, pumping and formula so there's no judging here! :) 

Also, my FFFC is last night I ate entire box of mac and cheese around 1130p. Sigh. Baby wanted it. 
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Oh wait, I've got one! I suppose this is one of those that's sort of a cross between a UO and a FFFC but I really don't get the parents who refuse to cut their boys' hair because they "just can't." I think it looks sloppy when it's super shaggy. I really enjoy cutting my son's hair and making him look like a little grown-up.

Now that I've alienated myself with half of you I'm going to run off and never come back again. 
    I don’t cut my boy’s hair because I believe it should be their choice on to cut it or not. 

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • hkomhkom member
    This FFFC is pretty tame, but I’m not even trying to monitor my caffeine intake. Some mornings I can’t stomach one cup of coffee, other days I drink 2 at home and might have a soda or a mocha later in the day. 
    I haven't been paying very close attention to mine either.  I don't drink heavily caffeinated things (coffee, energy drinks) so I just haven't been too worried about it.  I drink a cup of tea most mornings.  In the afternoons if it's warm I'll have a few glasses of iced tea.  Maybe once a week I will have a can of dark soda.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Gwyneddlesliegrace I mean, what age are you talking about? Like from the time they’re babies, or once they get old enough to start having opinions on their hair? Because if it’s the latter I don’t have an opinion on that yet. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon I don’t cut it until they ask to cut it. My oldest LOVED his long hair. At four and a few months he asked to get it cut like Dad’s so we did. We’ll do the same with my two year old. When they’re ready, we’ll respect that. Otherwise I treat it like I do my girls hair.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Re: haircuts. I'm one of those who just loved my sons curls and didn't want to cut! I also wanted it to get long enough for a man bun, but we went to BILs wedding in Florida and I had it cut before that. The lady did a good job, but cut it WAY shorter than I wanted, so I was just mad. The second time the (different) lady cut it so horribly. Choppy, not faded, just horrible. We went back to get it fixed and while it looked better, still did not look good. It's pretty long again, almost to the point where daycare will start doing ponytails on him again lol, but I just don't like the experiences we've had! DH does shaved on the sides and back and long on the top, that's how I want DSs hair, but no one does it right! So for now he gets long hair again lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• FFFC I'm boycotting haircuts for my DD not because I like her hair so much or because she does, but because our first and only haircut went SO BADLY that even the hairstylist (who specialized in kid haircuts, had a cool car set up for the kids and a giant tv to watch cartoons!) was like..."you know I'd wait a long time before doing this again."

I'm gonna wait like 2 years.
  • LLynde5LLynde5 member
    RE: Boys clothes.   I second Boden and Janie and Jack!  That’s usually by go to for my nephews. 

RE: Haircuts.  We have only cut our DD’s once to avoid the mullet stage. We had a friend who is a hairdresser come to our house.  Our friend said she will do house calls till kids are three because it’s easier for the kid!  We like the way it’s grown in so no need to cut it again so far!
  • trucksntutustrucksntutus member
    edited May 2018
    I won't cut my daughters hair, she's only 1. But she's rocking this mullet look right now because some new baby hair is growing out, it looks like bangs. SO swears someone is chopping off her bangs, but no it's just how her hair is growing. It's barely at her shoulders, not even all of it yet.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Oh another.
    My SIL moved into their house they bought sometime last fall/winter.  They have a pool.  While I enjoy her company, I don't typically spend a lot of time at her house this summer. 
    I will gratuitously drive to her house many weekends this summer primarily to use her pool (and see her and my nieces) but mostly the pool  B)
  • @temmetime No flame here for that.

Re:Haircuts Thankfully my MIL is a hairdresser and she watches DS a few days each week. I held him for the first haircut, but now she just cuts it while I am at work and it is so nice to not have to take him in and deal with a stranger trying to cut it.
  • I don't have any issue with a boy having long hair. What I do have an issue with is toddlers (and the babies who have enough hair) not getting their hair cut. If it's shaggy growth and all over the place, get them a hair cut. Then, it can grow out as much as it wants because (theoretically) it'll all grow out at the same pace and look less disheveled.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • ebk20ebk20 member
    I am so thankful to have a boy when I see my friends struggling to brush and put their daughters hair up. I'm like thank Jesus,  we have enough of a hard time getting out the the door with clothes and shoes on. I can't imagine the struggle with long hair kids. As a kid, I hated having my hair brushed so my mom said you have to brush it or we cut it short. So short it was, a bit bowl cuttish but practical lol.

Also, I really like the boy clothes at Oshkosh. The quality is a lot better than Carter's and less cartoons and sayings on the shirts.
  • @brittaniahutto it’s funny you say this because I felt the same way shopping for my cousins baby shower when I was 12ish weeks. She was having a girl and I was almost in tears in the store because every damn thing was pink and purple. It was sickening. I was terrified to have a girl and never be able to find anything I liked because PINK AND PURPLE IN EVERYTHAAAAANG.

i had a boy- and yes- it is frustrating that the girls section is about 80%. But there’s cute stuff out there- you just have to shop around.
  • @rosebud332 No shame in that! You do what works for you.

DS just turned two on Sunday and I am still nursing him. It was twice a day, but this morning before I left for work I didn't nurse him. I died a little inside. I'm going to miss my morning cuddles but he's two, I have a baby on the way, and I want my boobs back for at least a couple of months! I'm not sure how long the cutting out morning feeding will last, but if it does then I will work on cutting the one out right before bed.

@rinserunrepeat I also like boyish haircuts. I want my toddler to look like a toddler, not a young man. He is in serious need of a haircut right now though, his hair is out of control. lol

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018