September 2018 Moms
Options

Shoe reccomendations

I'm dealing with swollen feet and none of my tennis shoes fit. The only thing I can wear right now is flip flops, which is fine, but don't provide much support or comfort. Any suggestions??

Answers

• Options
    I think you probably just need bigger shoes! Sometimes you get get good deals at places like Marshall’s/TJ Maxxif you’re convinced it’s just swelling and don’t want to pay much for shoes you’ll only wear for a few months. 
  • Options
    I can’t bend down to buckle any of my dress sandals, so I bought some slides. You can find ones with good support and comfy soles. I work in real estate and need to take my shoes on and off when I go into client’s homes. It was very awkward the first time I realized I was in trouble, standing outside of this woman’s house trying to get my shoe back on as she watched me, after we had already said goodbye to each other lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 to good deals at Marshall’s. At the end of my first pregnancy the only thing I wore were my Sanuk yoga sling sandals. Soooo comfy and squishy. There were at least 4 other women in my childbirth classes wearing them too! Not super cheap (about $26) but so comfortable for swollen, tired feet.
  • Options
    klj0228klj0228 member
    @cab1209 the most comfortable flip flops I have found are the Nike ones with cushy gel in them. My feet haven’t grown and aren’t swollen, but they hurt so bad after being up on them for a while. The Nike ones keep my feet much happier and the way the gel molds provides pretty good arch support.
  • Options
    klj0228 Those are what I have been wearing too. So comfy!
  • Options
    If you can get away with sneakers, I’d go a half size up or find a wide. I live in Nike’s. 
  • Options
    I ordered some cute Fit Flops!! Supportive bottom and cute!!
    Alison & Britten-Married April 16, 2011 in Miami Beach Farrah Ann arrived May 4, 2012- 6 weeks early! 5 lbs 6 oz. and 19 1/4 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker