December 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

2»

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    @katy0990 yes! To all of the sorry/remorse/responsibility. I taught in preschools and worked with k-6 age kids through summer camps & volunteer work. When they are told “say you’re sorry” without learning why to say sorry and what apologizing really means, they tend to shout “sorry!” as they barrel through classmates and think it’s a pass to keep up the “bad” behavior. 
  • Options
    My UO is also that NY pizza is the best pizza (and Julianna’s is the best of them all. Holy marinara from heaven)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AGK2015AGK2015 member
    I am a Chicagoan and I strongly concur, @hbmama21. I don't understand why people here try to compete.
  • Options
    @hbmama21 @AGK2015 I totally don't think that's a uo... I think the uo would be liking some kind of pizza better than ny style lol 
  • Options
    Re: saying sorry. I get not wanting to force the kid to say something if he/she doesn't mean it. But, at the same time my 2 year old doesn't understand feeling sorry or remorseful yet. If he's ever in time out or if I tell him to tell someone sorry, I explain why, but that doesn't mean he gets it yet. I don't really see giving him the choice to say sorry as being a reasonable idea at this age. Hell, he still laughs when he headbutts me in the face even though we explain every time he does it that it's not nice, it hurts, and to tell mommy sorry for hurting me. He'll say sorry, but he still doesn't understand why he can't do those things even when we explain it every single time he does it. I feel like telling young kids when they need to say sorry teaches them when it's needed. Just my thoughts.

Re: gender reveal parties/mega posts, UGH. Yes I announced when we found out DS was a boy, but it was in one of my weekly bump pictures (which no I didn't post on FB weekly, but I did that one). It wasn't anything "extra special", just a simple "Baby BOY is 20 weeks!" or whatever I said. Though...I saw a video for spring loaded glitter and kind of want to announce to just our parents with that, just to make them clean glitter :joy: 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    temmetimetemmetime member
    edited May 2018
    @maureenmce I was going to say exactly that in my FFFC! I even wrote it down on a note at work so I didn't forget

ETA: the bump ate the rest of my post: I'm not a big fan of gifs on signature's because they're very distracting and I get quite tired of seeing the same ones 5,000x/day. I prefer them in a spoiler.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    temmetime said:
    @maureenmce I was going to say exactly that in my FFFC! I even wrote it down on a note at work so I didn't forget
    Hence why (maybe UO or FFC) I hate having both of these threads. I feel like UO and FFC are basically the same thing.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    For me, UO is for big confessions like “I think Chrissy Teigen is the WORST.” (I don’t, by the way! Don’t come after me with pitchforks, she may be my favorite celebrity ever, and I’m really not into celebrities.) 

FFFC, by contrast, is for day-to-day or physical confessions, like “I eat bacon every morning for breakfast, because screw my heart.” (Closer to the truth.)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon It’s funny, because I actually thought the opposite of that...UO for smaller silly things and FFFC for the big guns (hence the flames?)
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • Options
    @Jens_Hoes Yes, exactly! Sometimes I am not eloquent. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I have always thought UO is for opinions or thoughts/feelings and FFFC is admitting to something you do or plan to do.