January 2019 Moms

A really early post about nursery ideas

2»

Re: A really early post about nursery ideas

• greenhillgirlgreenhillgirl member
    edited July 2018
    Everyone has such creative ideas! We are keeping our baby room as a spare bedroom/nursery combo (1,000 square foot 2 bedroom NYC co-op) and keeping the walls a neutral gray/blue. It's called Uncertain Grey and I love it. Then I'll build on our current coral and navy scheme and make it nautical. My family canoes, kayaks, and sails so excited to have a nautical theme! The new curtains have navy blue arrows on them. We have my old antique full size wrought iron bed and a tv for guests/feedings for now and my old dresser that I was changed on as a baby.  

My current obsession is what to replace our wedding detail photos with in these 9 8x8'' frames on the wall. I've toyed with picture book pages or something I could make myself, like watercolor numbers 1-9, a quote, etc.

• jgil85jgil85 member
    OMG @Potterphile I love that nursery! Heck, I want that bedroom for myself! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jgil85 lucky you the house is being listed tomorrow  :D
  • We decided we’re going to keep the nursery (currently my office) pink. Because boys can like pink too! We’re going to do one accent wall and I tested out some wallpaper samples today. I think I’m leaning towards the bottom two. What do you guys think?
  • @DLpanda08 is that your nursery now? Or just inspiration? It's super cute!
  • @kaf1788 Love the bottom two as well . I'd probably go with the darker blue with the planets.
  • @kaf1788 I like the bottom left (blue planets) but I also really like the top right (mint moons)! Maybe just because I really like astronomy haha. Does the pink color in the blue planets match up to your wall color already? I'd say it's fate! 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @kaf1788 the bottom two are definitely the best. Personally I like the bottom right best, but either one would be beautiful!

@galactickates It’s inspiration from Pinterest, but thanks! We have never done a nursery before so we are both really excited about creating this one!
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kaf1788 I love the bottom right the best! Also, where'd you get those wallpapers from? Love them all and I want one!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @ladystout08 I love that picture! We're going to need  pictures when your done!
  • @ladystout08 I love that picture! We're going to need  pictures when your done!
    Thank you! I will for sure. We have to completely gut the room so it'll be a while. lol 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • @rooonilwaazlib Chasing Paper! There's also a ton of good ones on Etsy
  • I am seriously so clueless w what to do w baby boy’s nursery. I planned on keeping it the same if it would be baby girl #2. Pinterest is overwhelming right now! I’ll come back to this in a few months!
  • I will likely wait until spring after baby is born to do much, as it's going to take lots of cleaning and moving in our spare room. The baby will likely be with us for a year in our room. I'm thinking fishing themed though, h really loves fishing. I'm thinking old time fishing poles,etc.
  • lacroixlizlacroixliz member
    edited July 2018
    I was browsing Target last week and ran across the Cloud Island Floral Fields print and it was love at first sight! I had not been inspired at all to do anything with the room that will be the nursery so I'm excited to have a direction to go in.

Does anyone have any experience with Cloud Island from Target? Some of the clothes in the Floral Fields collection are on clearance and now I'm worried that the whole print is being discontinued and won't be around to purchase if I put it on my registry. I could just buy everything that I want now while it's around but I also know people like to buy 'pretty' things for showers so I'd like to be able to keep it on the registry. Is it possible that just the clothes are being phased out because it is much more of a 'summer' print than fall / winter?

ETA: we have a spot for a ceiling fixture in the nursery but no ceiling light, I'm almost positive it is wired to be able to have a ceiling fan in the room. STM: ceiling fan or just flush mounted fixture? After a quick google search there is some statistic about ceiling fans reducing risk of SIDS but I'm interested in anyones experience. I will not be going the chandelier route (just not my thing)

Me: 36 DH:41
    DD born 1/3/2019
    EDD for #2 1/28/2021
    BabyFruit Ticker

• emmaaaemmaaa member
    I decided I wanted to start looking at bedding sets for both sexes just to get an idea and head start. I'm super disappointed in the selection. I don't want anything to bright or too "theme-ish" if that makes sense. DD's comforter is an aqua green with a white print (that I can't think of the style name of the print) but just very simple and muted. We used paintings and other things in her room to bring in more and different colors.

If this baby is a girl, I may want to do a light coral comforter with the same idea to bring in colors elsewhere. And if it's a boy, I really wanted to do dark red or navy and accents in the rest of the room but can't find and I really like. 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @emmaaa I picked out just solid crib sheets. I'm not a fan of bedding sets since they're only supposed to have the sheet anyway and the sheets get changed often. I just picked out several colors. 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    @ladystout08 If I don't find a set I like, I may end up doing that and sewing my own bed skirt. DD will be 2 in October and just started using her blanket when she was 18 months old. So if I don't find a set I like, I could always keep an eye out as they get older and hope to find something.

I always have an exact picture in my mind of what I want something to look like and get really disappointed when our commercial world has nothing like I pictured lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @lacroixliz and @emmaaa have either of you checked out Little Unicorn? They have the silkiest muslin swaddles, and a lot of colors/prints that match what you're describing! 
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    @kmvisioli I have never heard of them!  I will check it out <3
    BabyFruit Ticker

• emmaaa said:
    They also have seriously gorgeous diaper bags <3
  • @kmvisioli ohhh I just added half that website to my registry! The planet sheets are perfect <3
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    kmvisioli said:
    emmaaa said:
    They also have seriously gorgeous diaper bags <3
     :open_mouth: OMG that olive back pack bag
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kmvisioli So Cute! Thank you for sharing.
  • @BitterBetty12 so cute!  We picked paint colors today too. We are going with a light teal, very similar to yours, for an accent wall, and white for the other three walls. We’re going for a travel theme and I definitely have been looking into decals. I was going to do a wallpaper accent but it’s so expensive!  I definitely should check Etsy, totally hadn’t thought of it for decals!
  • My DS and this baby will be sharing a room. It’s currently decorated in elephants and rainbows so I think we will pick a new animal for the new baby and incorporate that into the room!  It’s a smaller room so not a lot of room for tons of decor. 
  • @mrsmang we did decals in DDs nursery and it was a little annoying to put up but overall I think it took less than an hour and it was relatively easy! That’s why I figured I would do them again. I think they really add a lot to the nursery!
    Me: 28 DH: 26
    Married: November 2015  3 
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP #1: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    BFP #2: 10/06/16: 6 - EDD: 06/20/17
    DD Born 06/23/17 3
    TFAS: April 2018
    BFP #3: 03/21/18 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/23/18 - EDD 01/04/19

• Star Wars. We already have some decor cause we are nerds. 
  • @BitterBetty12 my MIL is coming in a few weeks and will be at our house during the day while we are at work. She wants to do something to help - I’m thinking about finding ones I could maybe get in time to have her do haha. Then I won’t care how hard it is. 
  • @kmvisioli thank you so much for sharing about little unicorn! I hadn’t heard of them but holy crap do they have gorgeous things! I just added s bunch to our registry.

Since finding out we’re having a girl we decided not to paint the bedroom since it’s already pink. We’re going to use white furniture and great accents to tone down the color and use Disney inspired watercolor art to decorate. Same basic idea as before, more girly though.
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
  • @rooonilwaazlib I love the Afghan! We have made no decisions about any nursery decor. We bought espresso colored furniture when BRU was going out of business, and there is cream carpet in the room that I’m dying to replace (but DH wants to wait on). I know baby girl will be in our room for a bit, and lord knows there are plenty of other things to decorate and nest in the house (we moved in late November and have had a few disasters, including a flood, that have gotten in the way of decorating). 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @kaf1788 oh my GAWD where is that bowie doll from? I've been obsessed with him since I first saw Labyrinth when i was a little kid.  I tried to find a mobile with the Labyrinth characters on Etsy but couldn't find one I loved. I have a Hoggle doll which will go in kiddo's nursery too, and I plan to order this sign on Etsy and placeit by the light switch in the bedroom:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/253674777/should-you-need-us-fine-art-print?ref=user_profile

<3  to another bowie fan!!!!! 

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• @DLpanda08 you're welcome! I almost posted the brand again in the diaper bag thread because everything they have is so gorgeous!
  • +1 to the labyrinth love.  My best friend always quote

"Ello!"
    "I said Ello"

"Well if she'd gone that way,  she'd have gone straight to the castle" 

Like ALL.THE.TIME.

No one ever knows what we're talking about 
  • @rooonilwaazlib that sign is too cute! I got my baby Bowie on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/268267222/baby-bowie-ziggy-stardust 
    I need to slow down or I’m gonna spend allll my money on Etsy. 
  • edited July 2018
    @kaf1788 thats how I felt during my wedding planning too.  It's so difficult because everything is freaking adorable!

@galactickates I had a feeling you would be a Labyrinth superfan like me.  Soul sistas!

Edited becaws spelling iz hard!