September 2018 Moms

Monday Moans Vs Monday Miracles! 5/21

It's Monday again. How's it going? Are you team Monday Moans or scoring points for Monday Miracles? What kinda day is our board having today?

Re: Monday Moans Vs Monday Miracles! 5/21

• Loading the player...
  • +1 team moan: My drive into work this morning was the definition of Monday. Plus DS was a mess, although that may be the fact that I think his first canine is going to break through soon.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited May 2018
    Hold on, I have a legitimate wtf moan!! An African American female co-worker of mine (we're both attorneys for the company in a male dominated industry) emailed today asking if I wanted to hand a new project off to my male counterpart because she "didn't know how much longer I'd be in the office." A- none of your business, I have a leave plan in place with my boss and B- last person in the world I'd have expected that email from! I don't need to stick a fork in my career more than one kid already has, but thanks for the support?? Was this some disguised power play!?
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    edited May 2018
    @Redpuma119 when I read @Patience7150 message back to me I thought, why would I have said something about a blowout. I typed it as two words but auto correct made it 1 word. Either way a blowout of the tire proportion or the poop variety would most definitely have been a moan not a miracle. Lol. 

ETA: a blow out of the hair variety now that is a miracle! 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    Well let's just follow that up with an actual moan: one of the volunteers who I regularly see asked me when I'm due and told me that I look bigger than how far along I really am. I tried to just nod my head and say, "yup, can't help it". But he's the first person bold enough to say it out loud. Boo.
  • Monday miracles a few days late. 1- after almost 14 days of dogs, weather, toddler, husband issues-I got to sleep through the night (minus peeing) and get up alone, hung out for an hour before waking up my son for quick breakfast before speech therapy. 2-I was on my way to an ICAN (group for c section moms) meeting, and MIGHT have been speeding because I was having fun in my fun car alone, and got pulled over doing 22 over (oops!) and no ticket. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • nackienackie member
    @pourmeamocktail wow, no ticket for 22 over?? That is a miracle! I’m glad you finally got some sleep too. 
  • @nackie Total miracle, but had he clocked me 100 ft earlier, it would have been only 12 over, I missed slowing down at a speed change. Also, rural road with no houses or cars-I don't speed around children/people. The sleep was so good!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker