September 2018 Moms

3rd & 4th week of Sept edd | May check-in

jayliijaylii member
edited May 2018 in September 2018 Moms

If you are due between September 15th and September 30th, then let's chat!

EDD:
Team Blue/Pink/Green:
FTM/STM:
Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):
How are you feeling?:
Rant/Rave of the week?
Questions?

Edited to add that the Corgi gif is for the royal wedding tomorrow. Anyone else love keeping up with the British Royals? MH husband thinks it's all ridiculous, but I love it, ha

Re: 3rd & 4th week of Sept edd | May check-in

• jayliijaylii member
    edited May 2018
    EDD: 9/21
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Blue!
    FTM/STM: FTM
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): None right now
    How are you feeling?: Really good which I'm grateful for. I had a really hard first trimester where I was nauseous all the time and barely wanted to eat so I'm happy to be feeling good now. I think I'm in a sweet spot where I feel good and am not huge yet. 
    Rant/Rave of the week? Rave: MH has wanted to feel baby for a few weeks now but hasn't been able to yet. Last night he was already dozing in bed and I started to feel baby move a lot. I decided to wake him up and he felt baby! It was an awesome moment. We both laughed and I could tell that he thought it was amazing to feel him move. Rant: Oh some annoying work stuff. Wouldn't it be nice if the vendors you pay to make your life easier could actually competently do their job?! Sigh
    Questions? Can't think of any right now.

Edited: Whoops I skipped a question.
  • Loading the player...
  • samd6samd6 member

EDD: 9/25 (for now, this has changed by 3-4 days EVERY appointment)
     Team Blue/Pink/Green: Green
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): "technically" high risk although my doctor puts it in air quotes any time she says it. I had DVT at age 3, so they have me on Lovenox although I haven't had a clot or any clotting related issues in over 30 years. I also haven't taken a blood thinner since I was 4 years old. It's so strange but I get that they are being extra cautious because of the baby. I also have anterior placenta and don't really feel the baby that much yet.

How are you feeling?: Being pregnant is not my favorite thing - and I feel super lucky that I didn't have the first trimester icky feelings but I am definitely counting down the days until this is over. I don't know if I will be able to do it a second time.

Rant/Rave of the week? Rant: My feet, legs and back hurt all of the time and I'm swinging back into a state of constant exhaustion. I couldn't sleep last night because I couldn't get into a position where I could breathe well.  Rave: My husband is awesome, and he tries so hard to make things easier on me. He makes sure I am eating and have the right snacks around, he brings me juice to work, he tries REALLY hard even when I am being a complete bitch. He's really great and I am lucky to get to parent with him.

Questions? Anyone else super nervous about not being ready for baby? Not emotionally, but like - with stuff. How early should you get a car seat? Little things like that are running through my head constantly. I also have a lot of anxiety around the baby's health, since I have anterior placenta I can't feel movement every day, is there a way for me to know everything is OK from home?

• nlc8424nlc8424 member

EDD: 9/16

Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!
    FTM/STM: STM
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): Hashimoto's puts me at slightly higher risk with a few extra endocrinologist appts, nothing else though.
    How are you feeling?: I feel great! I'm seriously surprised and thankful for how well I'm feeling currently. Any other STMs feel this way too? I'm not overly tired, still sleeping well, no back/hip pain currently. I think I feel better now than I did at this point with my pregnancy with DS. 
    Rant/Rave of the week? Rant: we went over budget by quite a bit with our bathroom remodel so I'm kind of freaking out financially wondering when our checking account will go back up. Despite going over budget, stuff still needs to be done (bedroom for DS, tile floor in master bath, paint living room and trim throughout the house, 4 new tires for my vehicle) and I'm just not looking forward to being better about budgeting for the next few months. No real raves this week, not in a bad mood but nothing fantastic is going on.
    Questions? No questions currently.

• klj0228klj0228 member
    EDD: 9/29
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    How are you feeling?: mostly good, now that I take Prilosec twice a day I am not getting sick as much. 
    Questions? Are you feeling movement every day or almost every day? I don’t feel her as much as I thought I would by now. I felt her a couple good times at 18 weeks and haven’t felt her much since.

@jaylii I am fascinated by the royals and I plan on waking up at 5am to watch wedding coverage all morning. 

@samd6 I am nervous about not being ready for baby, but not stuff wise more responsibility wise. I know we are ready and that we will be just fine, but I want to be a great mom and be present for things. I want to make sure my child knows we love and support them because we are present not because we buy them everything they want. 
  • jayliijaylii member
    @DanyTargaryen How annoying with the planes and that it's coinciding with open weather season! Plane flyovers seem more noticeable at my house during good weather as well. 
    @samd6 I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time physically and emotionally. My advice with the back pain is to see a chiropractor and or a physical therapist. I have a back injury history and I can tell you it's best not to ignore the pain. I'm also experiencing anxiety but my worries are more around the logistics of returning to work full time after he's born. Hang in there, I'm thinking of you. 
    @nlc8424 I feel you on the finances. It feels like this year is expensive. We're having central ac installed in our house, painting and trim in upstairs bedrooms and hardwood floors upstairs are being refinished. On top of that two of our pets are having health issues and expensive vet bills, our dishwasher seems to be dying and MH really needs to purchase a new car. Ugh

• EDD: 9/25

Team Blue/Pink/Green: team pink! 

FTM/STM: second time

Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable):
    None, this one doctor keep telling me I’m just going to sail through and I want to smack him and tell him to stop jinxing me. It’s like waving a flag in fates face. 

How are you feeling?: Decent. Stomach has been off this week but getting through.

Rant/Rave of the week? Soooo excited ladies!! I had a client meeting an hour and half away today and it was semi near this amazing cupcake bakery. I of course stopped by and got fresh cupcakes to go! They are sitting in my fridge waiting for toddler to go to bed so I can celebrate weekend. Also I go there like 10:30am so they told me cupcakes we just out and cooled so they could make me any combo I wanted! Aw my pregnant self did a happy dance! So peanutbutter vanilla/chocolate cupcakes and salted caramel ones are awaiting me. 

Questions? Nome

royal wedding: can we have a thread for those who will be watching?!?!? I am setting my alarm! I did for will and kate too. My husband makes fun of me but oh well! 

• royal wedding: can we have a thread for those who will be watching?!?!? I am setting my alarm! I did for will and kate too. My husband makes fun of me but oh well! 

I won't be getting up early but my DVR is ready to go!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • samd6 said:

Questions? Anyone else super nervous about not being ready for baby? Not emotionally, but like - with stuff. How early should you get a car seat? Little things like that are running through my head constantly. I also have a lot of anxiety around the baby's health, since I have anterior placenta I can't feel movement every day, is there a way for me to know everything is OK from home?

Try not to stress about the stuff. There is very little a baby NEEDS when you first get home. Since you specifically asked about a car seat - we bought ours late-20's / early-30's weeks along but didn't install it until 37-ish weeks. Otherwise my baby shower was when I was 32 weeks and the only things we had bought before that were the crib and dresser because my ILs bought them for us. Maybe make a list of the important stuff and take it bit by bit.

As for what you can do at home, there's not much unfortunately. You can buy at home dopplers to hear the heartbeat but at this point I'm not sure buying one would be worth it. Once you get to the point of feeling more consistent movement (which I imagine should get easier as baby gets bigger even with the anterior placenta) that trumps being able to find the heartbeat.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • stothistothi member
    @samd6 I like to have the carseat purchased by about 30 weeks and installed around 36 weeks but not much earlier than that. 

• EDD: 09.25.18
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink
    Special concerns: nothing at the moment
    How are you feeling?: pretty good, aside from some trouble sleeping
    Rant/Rave of the week? Baby's been bopping around a lot, could have SWORN I felt her from outside last night, pretty excited. I also switched OBs this week because I didn't want to deliver at the small community hospital, and wanted to deliver at a much better hospital in the city. New OB is super nice and I feel comfortable with her but I'm nervous I made a mistake? (If I hadn't switched, I would have regretted NOT switching hospitals though, I know)
    Questions? Not at the moment! Thanks for the reminder to record the Royal Wedding! (I'm working tomorrow so won't be able to wake up early to watch.. will have to watch Monday!)
  • mrsman2018mrsman2018 member
    edited May 2018
    9/29
    Pink
    STM
    Feeling okay besides hip pain. 
    Raving that yesterday I finally felt LO kick on the outside.  <3
  • Anyone here have a Saturday Ticker change? There's a thread for that too.
  • EDD: 9/25
    Team Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!
    Special concerns i.e. AMA/IF/High-risk etc. (If comfortable): Nope, I’ve had a very easy pregnancy so far! 
    How are you feeling?: Tired again but not as bad as the first trimester. Just finding it difficult to get the oomph to do things that need to be done! And I’ve had some trouble sleeping the past few nights. 
    Rant/Rave of the week? I’m surrounded by several others pregnant women who are only like 8-10 weeks ahead of me, but for some reason this week I’ve been jealous of them? They’ve posted some bump pics and baby kick videos and it has me jealous for some reason?! I think it may be because I’m still not showing very much at all and *just* started feeling her kick, and I’m actually looking forward to looking and feeling more pregnant. It hasn’t bothered me before this week so I don’t know what my deal is! I’m sure I’ll get over it. LOL, my time is coming soon enough, I know! 
  • @samd6 if you are ok waiting until Amazon Prime Day in July, they usually have some good baby deals (car seats and other stuff). I suggest checking with your local highway patrol to see if they can show you how to install it properly. Ours has a free installation (but they book up far in advance) although my mom and I hired a car seat tech for our cars (DH did the free highway patrol one). When I was a FTM we got our car seat at one of our showers which was 2.5 months before my due date. I would make sure you have it at least a month before you’re due. (sorry that was long).

I have an anterior placenta this time and in the next few weeks as baby gets bigger you should feel a lot more movement. It’s been over a month since my last appointment and only in the last 2 or so weeks have I been feeling my LO multiple times a day (I’m 25 weeks so I expect it’ll happen for you soon).
  • jayliijaylii member
    @samd6 Totally agree with @yosemite2018 on getting your carseat installed by a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. Highway patrol, local firestations and children's hospitals may all offer this service for free. It depends where you live. Where I live our local children's hospital collaborates with firestations to provide the service. I can make an appointment and get the car seat installed at my local fire station. I think it's great too because I'll learn by a professional how to properly install the seat. 

@afineskyline I think you're smart to change doctors now instead of later in your pregnancy. Gives you some time before your due date to adjust. I've also had a couple of times in the last week where I could feel baby on the outside. MH even caught a kick last week!
    @nuggetsmomma11 I agree, we'll be close to the finish line very quickly which is both exciting and scary for me as a FTM. :smile:
    @mrsman2018 Sorry you are having hip pain! My weekly change over day is technically Friday, but I think I haven't cared about it very much because I think I'm a week behind the EDD my dr's office gave me.