November 2018 Moms

FFFC 5/18

Re: FFFC 5/18

• Today is the last day of school for the kids. We have to keep the same group all morning and it's the group I like the LEAST. On top of that, only 2 of them decided to stay home today after everyone making it very clear that no one NEEDED to be here for the last day. I'm looking for any reason to send a kid home... 

Also, DH was supposed to cook last night but then decided I should cook since he had to clean cat boxes and take out trash. We had cereal for dinner.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I went out with my coworkers last night, and was out late. This morning I was so tired and feeling so bloated, that I am totally rocking yoga pants to work today and don't give two effs about it. I have been trying to stay professionally dressed, but it's cold today and none of my pants fit right now, so yogas it is. 

I'm also sleeping over my parents tonight to watch the Royal Wedding in the morning with my mom. We got up together for the last Royal Wedding and it's a bonding thing for us, but I am really looking forward to it. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • This place is TOO QUIET today!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• I have not done one thing to get ready for this baby.  NOT ONE.  All I do is make lists in my head and then go, "screw it, I'll deal with it later."  I'm 17 weeks on Tuesday.  This is sort of a problem.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • @tessiesmom26 I’m jealous you work somewhere that you can get away with yoga pants!!

My husband took the girls to the dentist this afternoon and then got them sonic slushies since they both did so well. He got them slushies and one for himself, but nothing for me, so I came home to everyone else having slushies. I’m feeling stabby about it! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Not only was today the last day of school, it was field day. It was supposed to be from 1230-3, but due to teachers calling out (who does that in the last day?!?!) we started field day at 11. Outside from 11-3, in Texas. It was in the mid to high 90s!!

After 2 hours, I walked my happy pregnant  butt over to some shade and sat there for 45 minutes. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2018
    @offtoneverland that seems super conclusive... I’ve never heard of a dentist saying that to a kid unless they had braces or something. It’s not like they’re her adult teeth either... seems too strict to me. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @offtoneverland 1000% agree. I hate sanctimommies. 
  • @offtoneverland also totally agree about the piercing and the circumcision. Not my child, not my business. 

@lifesabeach85 yes. So much yes to the antivax movement. Now THAT makes me angry. 

@runningyogimama I hate how people call out moms who are pointing out blatant car seat safety issues as sanctimommies or judgmental. Sorry guys... this isn’t a breast vs formula or a crib vs cosleep arguement... this is a blatant disregard for the life and safety of your child and if you don’t like it than maybe you should’ve read your car seat manual and done a little research on car seat safety. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yes! I do judge antivaxxers too, I wasn't thinking about that. But that's something that can and does harm society and humankind as a whole, ear piercing doesn't hurt anybody. So I think it's okay to judge them.  :#

That's true about judging car seat safety too. I just don't get how so many people don't know these things. Before I ever had my daughter I knew that kids can't wear winter coats in car seats, just from browsing the internet and forums randomly. I don't get how so many people don't know that and will blatantly disregard it even after you tell them. I don't know much about different types of car seats and when to switch to harness and all that, but you bet I'll be looking it up on Car Seats for the Littles before I make any decisions! There are so many resources that people forget about or ignore. 

@lifesabeach85 @pink_polkadots Thanks for your comments on DD/the dentist. My mom is a dental assistant so I asked her tonight and she said she has never ever heard a dentist say that before. She said avoiding gummies and sticky candies makes sense, but she said there's nothing wrong with eating goldfish and popcorn. Phew! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @cm716 Yes! I think that frequently too. So so excited for this baby, as we tried for a while too. But sometimes the thought of another kid is overwhelming and I wonder "What was I thinking? How am I going to do this?"
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Yup! +1 for having a little voice in my head questioning my decision to have another baby, even though it was very planned and we are very excited. 
  • Me too about being nervous. We got rid of everything after 4 years infertility. So I am making a registry with everything we need again and feeling so overwhelmed. This baby was so wanted and loved but it is hard not to think, what have we done!
  • @offtoneverland first - poor DD! Yeah that dentist doesn’t sound like they have kids.

Second, I’m sure a lot of people will be on the no judgment train, and while on many issues (like circumcision and ear piercing) I agree I also have to say...

I judge antivaxxers. Judge them so, so hard. 
    Yep. Same. 

• @lifesabeach85 I judge antivaxxers, not only as parents, but as members of society.

I also judge people based on car seat safety (like forward facing a baby or using a booster with a seatbelt at 3 or 4). I just can’t take it. I’ve unfollowed people on FB because I can’t stand to see them keep doing it.
    Yes. My son is 8 and we just moved him from a five pt harness to high backed booster. My daughter is 5 this summer and in a five pt harness. I’m all over car seat safety.