Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday May 2018

edited May 2018 in Babies on the Brain
***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

When do you think you will start TTC?

What brings you to WRW?

Any R/R?

GTKY: what is your dream vacation?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday May 2018

• When do you think you will start TTC? Aug 2018 

What brings you to WRW? Benched, back problems

Any R/R? I'm going to my parent's this weekend. DH and I finally get to go on our Valentine's day as my parents will be watching DS. 

GTKY: what is your dream vacation? Overwater bungalow in Tahiti. Too bad DH hates the heat and humidity. I may have to just go alone. :)
  • So I'm back.

When do you think you will start TTC? Hopefully by the end of the year.

What brings you to WRW? TTA because I lost my job yesterday thanks to calling in too many times due to my chronic health issues. Also might need hip surgery (we might finally have an answer as to what's wrong with my hip).

Any R/R? This last year or so has been so incredibly FUBAR and I'm tired of it. Losing my job was just the icing on a very horrible cake.

GTKY: what is your dream vacation? DH and I both want to go to Europe at some point.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2018
    @dreamscapes_ - I'm sorry that you're back and that you lost your job. I hope you can find answers and get another job soon. 
  • @spacemountianeer I'm in the process of getting answers for my hip (just waiting on an MRI they somehow missed on the order and then the follow up with the ortho), so that's coming soon. I had a phone interview yesterday for something a couple of friends set me up with, and they want me to come in for an in person one on Monday morning. It sounds like a pretty sure shot, so we'll see what happens!
  • @spacemountianeer Also, I love your username and avatar. I actually worked at WDW until Thursday, lol.
  • @dreamscapes_ -thanks! I hope your interview went well today!
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @dreamscapes_ I'm so sorry to hear about that! Can they even do that since the absences are due to a medical condition?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @meggyme Since I didn't have FMLA, yes.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @dreamscapes_ that's shitty. I'm sorry. I hope that something good comes of your interview.
  • Super lurking**
    @dreamscapes_ I'm so sad to see you in WRW, especially for losing your job. That seems insane!! So sorry to hear that you have to put everything on hold and have had such a rough go. How did the interview go last week?
    Also - hope you can start making progress on your hip!!
  • Well, I actually got the job and had orientation on Thursday. I start training tomorrow. So I was only out of work for a week, thankfully. It's just frustrating. My birthday is on Sunday and I'll be 34, so knowing that I have to wait until I'm 35 to start trying again isn't exactly helping. DH and I discussed it and because of the wait time to get back with my other company and then the wait time for FMLA and everything, we have to wait another year. At this point, I don't think we'll ever be parents.
  • I am so sorry you're feeling that way @dreamscapes_. I hope both you and your husband can find a resolution that works for your family. But congrats on the new job none the less. Sending you creepy internet well wishes and hugs
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @dreamscapes_ you qualify for FMLA after 1 year of working time, so you should only need to wait a few months before your maternity leave would be covered. I’m not sure if you’re wanting to be covered by fmla for the entire pregnancy, but if not you only need to wait 3 months or so.
  • @meggyme The issue is that I really have no intent on staying with this new company any longer than I have to. My old company said I can come back after six months somewhere else, so I'm going to be at this job for six to seven months (however long it takes to get rehired) and then go back to the other company. Hence the year. Six months at Company A, then go back to Company B and make sure I'll have been there for at least three to four months before trying again. So yeah, pretty much a year, depending on how everything else works out.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @dreamscapes_ that's so frustrating that they laid you off for such a short time, especially since your previous benefits don't carry over.
  • @meggyme I wasn't laid off, I was terminated.
  • *lurking*

@dreamscapes_ I'm so sorry to read all that you've been going through! I'm glad you found a new job quickly, but sorry you have to do it to begin with. I hate that they're allowed to terminate you because of health problems, regardless of FMLA coverage or not, that's just not right. I really really hope things turn around for you soon!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 It wasn't because of the health problems. It was because of my attendance, which was caused by the health problems. Since I didn't have FMLA coverage, it's treated the same as anyone else. With over 75k hourly employees, they have to follow the guidelines.