November 2018 Moms

Re: Monday BF

• @lifesabeach85 Ugh... that would drive me insane!  

AFM heartburn seems to be the new nausea for me.  Nothing is sitting right in my stomach, nothing tastes good, and nothing sounds good.  It's like everything I even try to eat results in feeling icky.  Not even my go-to mac-n-cheese is working.  WTAF!  I may starve before baby gets here :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Loading the player...
  • @lifesabeach85 I agree SO much with this. I also hate that you never know how a parent might react if you do step in. There was a little girl at walmart, with her mother and brother, the mother got out of the motorized cart to order a cake and the little girl hoped in and started running it back and forth. Eventually, she rammed it into a display table and knocked over all the muffins/cookies on the table. The kicker is, one lady who was waiting at the deli counter actually told the little girl to stop and the mother turned around and said "Who you think you is to parent my baby? Shes my baby and Ill tell her what to do" This was about 30 seconds before the pastries hit the floor. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2018
    @lifesabeach85 ugh that drives me NUTS. We had a bad experience at a playground a few weeks ago with parents just letting their kids run wild and do whatever. One almost pushed DD off the side of a slide trying to shove past her. Another knocked her off of these little stepping stone things. It was infuriating. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited May 2018
    Ugh...HATE the awkwardness when other parents are not supervising and their kiddo is misbehaving. 

Trying to plan a girls weekend trip. One friend seemed wishy washy and didn’t have much to contribute when we were throwing around places and dates. Now that the rest of us have determined a destination and date, and are ready to book this week, she all of a sudden has lots to say. Grrrrr...where was this email ONE MONTH ago when we were working out the details? Of course we want to be accommodating and want everyone to go, but this is annoying. 
  • @BabyBoyH92016 I hate people who do that. It's so rude. If that weekend/destination doesn't work for you SPEAK UP! If not, you're SOL.

My mom, DH and I found out the sex of the baby yesterday and came back to my parents house afterwards, since my dad was watching DS. My mom walks in the door, and before I even set foot inside the house she announces to my dad, "You're going to have a grand*****!" (We are waiting a week to announce publicly to give our friends time to announce the sex of their first this weekend, so you all will know next week ;) ) DH and I were pissed! Even my dad was like, "Uh, I don't think that was your announcement to make." Seriously though, don't announce things that are not yours to announce. She apologized, but I'm still pissed at her.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @lifesabeach85 that’s so obnoxious. Sorry you had to deal with that. 
    @BabyBoyH92016 also obnoxious! I say move on without her input. You snooze, you loose! 
    @phoenix870509 ugh, that sucks that she didn’t let you announce! Can’t wait to know what you’re having!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @phoenix870509 wtf!!! I would be so mad
  • @lifesabeach85 I hate going to public play places for that reason. I want to play with my daughter, but always end up playing with other people's kids too because we're usually some of the only parents actually paying attention. We have an outdoor pool membership in the summer and the pool has a cute kiddie pool that's only 1 to 2 feet deep. MH and I are the only parents in the pool 99% of the time, and all the kids hover around us trying to get our attention. It is the worst. Sometimes I have to be a little bit rude to kids at the park and it makes me feel terrible, but no...I'm not going to push you on the swing and no, I'm not going to help you go down the slide. 

Being at the park makes me feel like a helicopter parent, but DD is really cautious and likes us to be with her, so we follow her around. We were at the park last week and there was a little toddler, barely even 2 years old if that, climbing up the 6 foot tall pretend stone step thing all by himself, with no parent in sight. It was horrifying. I judge parents hard core when I'm at the park, but I can't help it! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • ariesellearieselle member
    edited May 2018
    I’m going to be a FTM and this is def a rant and not so much a “random” but @offtoneverland brings up a great point about the kiddie pool. I was a lifeguard (I still have my cert and fill in part time) and I can’t echo the parent supervision around the pool enough. Just because its a kiddie pool with a guard does not mean you don’t have to watch your kid, even if it’s a toddler or 5-6 year old. Bigger kids get rough and can knock little ones over. Guards are there in case of an emergency. They only have 2 eyes and it’s nerve racking  to see the little ones waddle around while the parents are just chit chatting, sometimes with their backs turned. As a guard, you’re on the edge of your seat (literally) waiting to jump when they fall. And it’s fun when your eyes are darting around to 3-4 waddlers, waiting to make a save in 2 inches of water (happens more than you’d think). And if you say something preventative (remember, most guards are teens or college kids), parents get huffy and think you are mom-shaming.  There’s been more than one occasion where I’ve picked up a 1.5 or 2 year old (some after falling, some I knew dam well a parent was no where nearby) and it took minutes for a parent to come over- and from no where near the kiddie pool. And when the parent does come over, it’s not even like they were freaking out. More like- thanks! Or- they’re fine why are you holding my kid? Rant over.  :)
    ETA: oh this is the BF after all! Not the randoms thread!!!!
  • Water is the only time I helicopter! There is something about it that just terrifies me with my DD. Maybe a bad past life experience, lol! One time we were in a kiddie pool when she was about 2 and she fell forward. Me and another person jumped forward (the other person got there first). She was literally in the water a second or two but it was the scariest thing in the world for me.

At the park I am always close but I try to let her do her own thing. 
  • Tuesday BF - My dad and I have a less than stellar relationship, but he has been "trying" the past few years so I try to be nice. However, "Liking" EVERY SINGLE THING I post on FB doesn't make up for the YEARS of treating me like shit. 
    (Sorry to put this here, but DH lost his dad a few years ago and in his mourning tries to make me mend my relationship with my dad, which doesn't help.)
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• I know its Tuesday... and this is more of a WTF, but I can't wait til tomorrow! I had to administer the last of state standardized testing today and about 30 minutes into the test one of the 6th grade boys in my rooms started jerking off under his jacket. What do I even do with that?!? If I called attention to it, it would have disrupted my "testing environment" and possibly lead to test scores being thrown out. There's no flippin' way I wanted to write a "testing irregularity" statement about it!! UGH. THANK GOD ITS THE LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL!
  • @middleschoolmommy Oh. My. Gosh. My eyes are so huge right now after reading that. How long did this go on? Did any of the other students notice? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS. 
  • @lachnessmomster Ha! He was sitting in the back in a corner and THANK GOD no one else noticed. I was debating with myself the whole time on what to do. I just ignored it but he was doing it for a good 10-15 minutes! I kind of feel a little violated :weary:
  • @middleschoolmommy ewwwwww did you write him up later at least? That is disturbing! 

• @lifesabeach85 Totally agree--almost the exact scenario happened to us a few months ago. We took DD to the science center recently and she was playing with the toy cash register and 2 little girls who were clearly twice her age came over and were trying to discreetly elbow her out of the way. My poor little girl didn't understand and just kept trying to find a different angle. I finally marched over to them and told them not to push her, that she is smaller than they are and was there first, etc. When I came back over to where my husband was sitting he was laughing and said it was clear to everyone else in the room that I was reprimanding them and I was clearly pissed. No idea where their parents were. The most incredible part is that at the same time the little girls took an interest in the cash register a science center employee came over to explain how it worked and saw them elbowing my daughter but didn't say a word! It's unbelievable. That dog story though...

Re: Kids around water. I took my then 1.5 year old to her cousin's pool party last summer and my parents were in the pool with her. Obviously they're a lot more relaxed than me so they weren't super vigilant and didn't notice when she nearly fell off the side of the step she was on and into the water. I lunged and caught her and several moms of older kids chimed in saying I needed to let her do it once so she wouldn't do it again. I need to let my baby nearly drown so she can learn a lesson? That's good parenting? I was so irritated. You don't tamp down maternal instincts when your child is around water. 

@middleschoolmommy No words. 
  • Y’all.. can I bitchfest on a Thursday? Because holy crap. My poor little dog ruptured her ANAL GLAND. She basically has a ... *TMI WARNING*... second butthole. There is like an inch cut right next to her hiney. She’s in so much discomfort and pain, and she has to wear a cone which is driving her crazy. $200 vet bill later....  UGH.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pink_polkadots you can BF if I can Bf! Your poor doggie!! My car’s transmission blew (155,000 miles) over the weekend and my husband’s car is now rendered unusable. Nothing like going to the airport at 9:45 PM so I can rent a car for my hour long commute tomorrow to proctor and pack up AP exams. (Unrelated BF- I can’t trust anyone else at my job to do it correctly). At least DH works less than a mile away and can temporarily bring his work car home. At least tomorrow is Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
  • @pink_polkadots Oh poor thing! I hope it heals quickly!

@arieselle Hope your weekend is better than your Thursday!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @pink_polkadots this sounds all sorts of awful. I am SO sorry you are dealing with this!

Pregnancy Ticker