September 2018 Moms

Randoms!! ...weeks of 5/14 & 5/21

Re: Randoms!! ...weeks of 5/14 & 5/21

• klj0228klj0228 member
    @stothi thanks for the insight! Pregnancy has brought on lots of wispy hairs. When I was little my mom called them my halo...they were much cuter when I was 5 than they are now that I am an adult expected to look put together. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Several friends in Houston use Freshly. It is food prepared locally and frozen. You just microwave it. Friends said it was super easy during maternity leave. They have something for every kind of diet. It costs about as much as other meal delivery services. It's just already made and portioned out for you. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @pourmeamocktail I feel you right now. #teambarelyanysleep here too. Between Polly and the dog constantly kicking me when I'm laying down, it's hard to sleep. Sounds like you need to "unfriend" her. She really should've been more understanding. 

• Lcardinal04  I woulda flipped my shit!

• nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @pourmeamocktail big hugs, I've been there before and it is maddening and makes me want to do the same thing as you (or as an alternative, makes me want to run away and sleep in a hotel until I remember I don't sleep well in places that aren't my bedroom). I 100% get that you just want to vent and I hear you and commiserate. I will also say the responses you got are the exact reason why I don't put that on Facebook, or honestly even typically tell my mom about it because she would react much in the same way. I know sometimes all we want to do is vent and have someone say "I'm really sorry, that IS tough. I'm sure this will pass but I'm here to listen in the mean time", but many people just don't know how to stop at that without throwing some quip in about expecting this with young kids, blah blah blah.

Hope you get some sleep really soon!
  • klj0228klj0228 member
    @pourmeamocktail you’re right, it’s not the worst week in the world, but lack of sleep is rough! It makes getting through every other task of the week even harder. And lack of sleep while pregnant is even harder because this whole growing a human thing takes a lot of extra energy!! Sorry this person was rude to you when all you wanted was to vent. Maybe they were having a tough week in other ways and were just taking it out on you. (Which by the way is not right either) 

and YAY for your lo saying “mom” and giving you big hugs! Those help a tough week be not as bad.
  • Ugh I'm sorry @pourmeamocktail, I don't get why people can't be compassionate and have empathy and instead need to make it out to some "I have it worse" high horse competition. No sleep that long while pregnant is ROUGH. I hope it gets better soon.
  • Also @nlc8424 birthday twins!!! Whoop whoop! 
  • @EErin86 I got one too... They didn't have the colors in the bag I wanted on sale, so I got the next size down. They didn't charge no tax. Best $50 spent on Polly so far. Lol! 

• stothistothi member
    Also @nlc8424 birthday twins!!! Whoop whoop! 
    It's your birthdays today? Is it time for a birthday gif party!? :)
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @stothi haha no! September 6th! I think my comment about wanting to look pretty for my birthday right before I deliver was glanced over. I'll be somewhat surprised if baby girl decides she needs to share my birthday like my H and FIL share a birthday (Aug 20th), but 10 days early would be okay by me.
  • stothistothi member
    @nlc8424 gotcha! My pregnancy brain can't keep up, lol! 
  • Thanks guys, I knew you would get it. It's unfortunately family, so getting rid of the friend isn't really an option. I'm tired of mom's with kids in college telling moms of little ones to grow up! It's hard, that's all.

I wouldn't vent on Facebook, but my life allows me to talk to my friends and family maybe once a once otherwise, my goofy schedule let's me see husband, toddlers, and drunk people only most weeks.

Oh well, it's just a difficult time, we'll get through. Last night was more of the same and tonight I work until probably 11, and get up at 7, so not hopeful. Maybe tomorrow night?!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh this daily mail article makes me so mad! She doesn’t look like she’s pregnant with twins, she just looks 9 months pregnant (which she is)! Aghhhh!!!

• I got really sick last night. After 24 weeks of no morning sickness, I guess it’s fair to have some random tummy trouble. I had a fairly unhealthy, high fat dinner (pulled pork and potato salad and it was delicious) but I ate late, and probably had too much. Around midnight I got so sick. Threw up so hard I broke blood vessels in my face so now I look like a monster haha. I was worried that something was wrong but baby seemed unphased and continued kicking away. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    @ashh2018 ugh that stinks, sorry you got sick! I hope it's passed and will stay away!
  • Thanks @nlc8424 and @klj0228! I’m ok today, just headachey and pounding water. And avoiding mirrors so I don’t scare myself with my face haha. I honestly think I just ate too much bad food. I guess my stomach is a little more squished now and I can’t do thinks like that! Lesson learned. Reasonable portions of grilled chicken and spinach for dinner tonight, blah haha. 
  • Does anyone know when month 6 starts? TB says at 25 weeks. Several links via google say 26 weeks. I'm 25 weeks and am excited about getting to another month. 

• @ashh2018 I'm sorry you got sick. It is quite an accomplishment that you hadn't got sick for 24 weeks. I started at about 9 weeks and even though it has lightened up on me, I still get sick 2-3 times a week. 

• MandyMostMandyMost member
    edited May 2018
    Confession: those weeks-to-months charts make no sense to me. The day you turn 30 years old you’re in your 31st year of life, but you still say you’re 30, not 31! Those charts basically go up to 10 months, not nine, which is so misleading. Anyone talking about pregnancy in months is likely thinking you give birth at 9 months, not 10. 
  • @mandymost it confuses me too. I have wondered if/when they will start saying that pregnancy is 10 months, since you go 40, sometimes more, weeks.
  • @Redpuma119 The problem is that except for February, months aren't only four weeks in length. So each calendar month adds 2-3 more days on, totaling a couple weeks by the time you add that up. You are actually pregnant 280 days (assuming 40 weeks), which is 9.3 months, averaging 30 days per month, or 9.03 months averaging 31 days per month. Nobody is actually ever 10 months pregnant because that would equal almost 43 weeks, which no OB will let you reach. And the thought of being 43 weeks pregnant makes me want to cry right now! :D I think those charts are bogus so I just go by calendar day to tell months. Most of the time I tell people how many weeks I am because it's easier to keep track of.
  • @wishilivedinflorida Right, and 9.3 isn't 10, but it is going into the 10th month. My thought behind it was that most people assume a month is 4ish weeks right? Obviously it's longer.. but you get me ;)