November 2018 Moms

Appointments and Updates 5/13 - 5/19

When is your appointment?

How far along will you be?

What type of appointment/What is being discussed?

Questions/Comments/Concerns:
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 5/13 - 5/19

• When is your appointment?
    it was supposed to be Monday but due to a conflict on the OB's end it's now Tuesday...

12+2

NT scan!  I can't wait to see them again and be able to (hopefully) breathe a sigh of relief that things look good.  

Q/C/C
    The 4 week stretch between this appointment and 16 weeks sucks.  I got betas at 5 weeks, dating scan at 8, Doppler at 10, NT at 12 and then nothing again until 16 and then 20.  I know it's good because it means things are moving along well but I hate going so long without reassurance that things are good. 

Question, can they tell at 12 weeks if you'll have an anterior placenta?  I had one with DD and it stressed me out that I wasn't feeling her at all until they told me about the placenta position at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • @goldie987 - I totally understand how the waiting sucks. I had betas, weekly scans from 6-10 weeks and then my next appointment is at 15 weeks (with no planned ultrasound until my anatomy scan). I've done a lot better than I thought I would, but I think it's because of the doppler. If you think that may ease your mind it might be worth looking into? I can't remember if you have one or not. RE: placenta - at my 10 week u/s the tech said it looked like the placenta was forming a little anterior, so maybe they'll be able to tell you? 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• When is your appointment? It was today

How far along will you be? 15w6

What type of appointment/What is being discussed? just a regular ole check up! Baby girl was moving around a lot so we kept hearing snippets of a hb then she would squirm away! Finally clocked her at 147.

Questions/Comments/Concerns: Did the blood draw for the quad screen. I believe other than the anatomy scan this is the last "test"... still feeling anxious!

Today

14w3d

Ob appt. Doppler. Repeat labs

My Dr wants me to go to the MFM because of my itching. I have cholestasis of pregnancy (ICP) with ds. My Dr is very concerned about how early I'm itching, apparently it's really to early. I had a redraw of my bile acids and LFTs. I'm pretty nervous to be dealing with this again so early. 
  • @wildrainbow - I am so sorry you're dealing with the itching this early. I hope your body and liver cooperate and your labs are where they should be. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

It was yesterday, 5/14

15w3d

Just checking in. She had me schedule my anatomy scan for 18 weeks, we listened to baby's heartbeat heartbeat on the doppler and she found my fundal height. To her surprise I'm measuring at 20 weeks but I figured I was close to that, I've been feeling little flutters up near my belly button. 

None
  • edited May 2018
    Update #2: My second appointment of the week. This one was my first officially appointment at the OB. OMG...it took 2 hours!! Just going over everything with the nurse and getting blood drawn. Luckily because I had a pap with my RE I didn't have to do one today. Bad news, they tried to find the heartbeat and while they could get a reading on the doppler, they couldn't hear it. Bummer!

So, a couple of things from the appointment, first since I am already 12 weeks I am already starting every two week appointments. Does that seem early to do 2 weeks already? I figured they still have me doing monthly.Second, the nurse said I am already in the second trimester because I am past 12 weeks. I thought is was after 13 weeks but she told me no, your officially in the 2nd. 

My next appointment is Monday and my glucose test is that day too. 
  • Update -

NT measurement came back between 2.7 and 3.2 depending on which time she measured it.  Combined with the bloodwork, my risk was below 1:200 for trisomies but the measurement was high enough that they wanted to run the NIPT anyway and I'll do a fetal echocardiogram at 22 weeks because a chromosomally normal fetus with a large NT measurement is apparently a possible sign of CHDs.  So the next 8-10 weeks are going to suck while we wait for things to develop enough to get a real read on what's going on. 
  • @goldie987 I am sorry the appointment didn't go as well as you hoped. I am sure they are just being extra cautious. Fingers crossed the next time everything will be normal.
  • @bfpafter4years Yes that seems early to start seeing you every two weeks. Usually that starts at 28w. It also seems early to do the glucose screening

@goldie987 I'm sorry you're going through that, I bet that will be a stressful time. Hopefully everything will come out perfect in the end!

• @bfpafter4years - most docs don’t start every 2 weeks until third tri I believe. Seems early for a glucose screen as well. 

@goldie987 - I’m sorry your appointment didn’t bring better news but it sounds like they are just being cautious. Hopefully your nipt comes back clear and the echocardiogram shows no CHDs. I know it’s going to be a long wait for both. Thinking of you and hoping the time passes quickly! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• I thought so too, maybe it is because I am high risk? I was like, two weeks already? And she said yes. Maybe they just want to see me sooner because it wasn't a full exam this time and then it will go to months. That is the only thing I can think of. 
  • @goldie987 I’m so sorry. Sending you good thoughts and positive vibes during this stressful time period. 
  • @bfpafter4years : if you have diabetes in your family, here in Quebec,  you do the glucose screen test earlier. I've have mine at 12 weeks, will have another in my second trimester and possibly another in my third. So thrice the yucky yucky juice for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited May 2018
    When is your appointment?

Today

13w6d

NIPT blood work and miscellaneous other blood draws for labs.  Didn't see my doctor, just went to a lab and had 8(!) tubes of blood drawn.

I'm hoping the price they quoted me is before insurance because it's almost $1600!  My OB had me do a cystic fibrosis scan, in spite of already having been screened for it and that was $700 by itself!

The people at the lab were really rude, too.  I had to wait forever and then they argued with me about whether I was 11 or 14 weeks (two lab orders with different dates that conflicted, but my OB said to get them both done at once).  I tried explaining that I knew exactly how far along I am since this is an IVF baby, but they just kept asking whether it was based on ultrasound or LMP and how they could "know" I was right about how far along I was when the paperwork said two different things. :angry:

Plus they couldn't tell me how long it would be to get results and had my contact phone number wrong.  So that was fun. :neutral:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @goldie987 I'm sorry it didn't go as you hoped, but it does sound like they are just being extra precautious. I hope the next 8 to 10 weeks goes by as fast as possible. The waiting game is the worst. Thinking of you.
    Pregnancy Ticker