BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: FFFC 5/11

• Options
    I have a dentist appt this afternoon that I am not looking forward to because I am sure I have a cavity from all the donuts and sweets I have been eating. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m feeling super beyond shitty about weight gain and body image this pregnancy. :( This feels like a confession because I know it’s all for a good cause, but I’m eating right and still working out and have gained SO much weight already and am huge. My mom posted a pic of all of us at my duaghter’s pre-k graduation earlier this week, and I look so terrible in it, I’m at my desk at work about to cry....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    While this baby was SO wanted and we tried so hard for him/her, I am so nervous about how it's going to change our family dynamics. When DS was a baby I literally held him all the time because I wanted to soak it all in. It's always just been the two of us all day (until DH gets home, I only work one night a week on the weekend, so I don't miss much time with DS). I worry about not being able to give DS enough attention while taking care of a newborn. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @runningyogimama right there with you. I haven’t exactly lost all the weight from my first. I really wanted to lose weight before getting pregnant again, but that did not happen. Last time i felt great about my body and had zero hangups about weight gain. I’m definitely being hard on myself this time around. 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited May 2018
    @mockingjay1 I have the same worries except our other children are twins, so they already have to share me.  I worry so much about whether I'm going to be depriving them of precious time with me and how they're going to adjust.  They're only coming up on 2, so they won't understand and it scares me. :confused:

@runningyogimama So there with you.  I've realized in the last few days how hard I'm being on myself because I'm restrcting myself from eating most of the things I want to eat because I feel like a cow.  I exercise 3-5 times a week (not a lot, but a long walk or some time on the elliptical) and don't snack during the day or eat too much junk, but I've been putting on about 2 pounds a week for several weeks in spite of staying under my calorie count most days.  I never felt like this with my twins, but now I just feel terrible about myself and I don't like it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @runningyogimama I don’t have any advice but to say I’m right there with you! I’m also bein super hard on myself and struggling with body image and gaining weight. Hang in there ❤️ The little babes will be worth it! 
  • Options
    tessiesmom26tessiesmom26 member
    edited May 2018
    @runningyogimama Count me in that boat too. I had bypass surgery last year and have recently lost 70 pounds. Now all people keep saying to me is "You just got skinny.. now you're going to get fat!". I have been thinking about making an appointment with my psychologist to talk over the related feelings. I'm so sorry you are feeling this way and I wish I had advice, but I can only commiserate. 

I had a freak out the other day about the baby coming. I had done research before TTC and I read so much about it taking a while for woman to get pregnant, that I convinced myself it was going to take a while and not to get my hopes up. Well, we got our BFP on the first try, and the other day it came over me like a wave that Baby is coming! We have to get ready now! 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    Awe mommas it's ok.  You're heart gets only bigger with more babies and although the struggle may be real to have multiple ages to care for the positive interactions of having a forever best friend is priceless!  So relationships change and evolve and it's not always good but it's also not bad it's just change and seasons and all part of this hard but beautiful thing called life.

2 suggestions.  Buy a really good carrier, if baby is just fussy, clingy refusing  nap you can still carry on as if nothing were wrong if you have a great carrier, just pop bitty in and go play.

Second one is pick up a few big sibling gifts and wrap them and stash them in the closet.  Anytime someone brings a gift over for the baby and not the big sibling pull one out for them too.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I've stopped weighing myself because of how quickly I've started to gain. It makes me upset even though I know the weight will come off eventually. It's my third too and this is definitely the hardest time I've had with it all, probably because I'm only 14 weeks and already in maternity pants. I feel thick everywhere and it isn't a good look on my short torso. Hoping that I can be kinder to myself, but it is definitely hard. My arms are showing it this time which is really bothersome. 

@tessiesmom26 I can't believe people would say that to you. How inappropriate! I'm so sorry.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    I am also a member of the gaining too much too fast club. Despite still running, I have pretty much been eating whatever I want (and taking FULL advantage of not having MS with this pregnancy).

We have a family reunion in July for my husband's side of the family and I totally don't want to go.

It's in Utah and I live in Texas and I'll be flying solo  (on the way there) 5 months pregnant with three kids. I also paid extra not to have to take a flight at 5 am or 7 pm sheerly to lessen the chances of a meltdown. I LOVE his family but traveling with kids is a pain in the neck.
  • Options
    @mockingjay1 I have the same worries! I was a SAHM with DS for the first 18 months. He had me to himself all day every day. With this one, I'll be lucky to stay home 8 weeks. I'm already dreading teaching and then coming home to an infant and a 4 year old. I feel like I barely have the energy to play with DS after work as it is now!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm having the same anxiety only the other way around.  I was home with DD for 15 weeks and did nothing but sit and play with her.  I'm home full time now but I worry that #2 will be missing out on the nonstop attention that DD got because I'll be chasing after her while trying to care for them.  I know it'll all work out in the end but I've definitely got a lot of anxiety about this very wanted second baby coming. 
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    @lifesabeach85 My husband always calls it Pizza Slut. :lol:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 ugh I'm totally not looking forward to losing that time either. I feel like we JUST got to a place where DS has been able to entertain himself for a while and DH and I can watch a show or even have a conversation without have to worry about DS getting into things or interrupting us. We are starting alllllllllllll over. This past year has been nice because DS spends one weekend a month with my dad and his wife. My dad has already said he's "done his time" with newborns and won't take this one until they are 2 =/ 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 seriously, what is wrong with people? Who would say something like that?! Ugh, I’m sorry that people are the worst. I’ve been asked twice if I’m having twins because I’ve gained “so much so quickly” and also been assured that it’s “definitely a boy” because you “gain more weight with boys.” Insert eye roll here. Ugh. 
  • Options
    +1 for feeling sad about losing me time. I currently stay at home and get a nice 2-2.5 hr break while my son naps everyday. My husband is also really good at taking over parenting duties when he gets home and on the weekends (he takes my son out for pancakes once a week and let’s me sleep in). I feel like with 2 kiddos both of us are going to have to be “on” all the time. My son is also starting morning preschool in the fall, so I’ll have glorious 2.5-3 months of a few hours in the morning to myself before baby comes. 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 Congratulations on your weight loss! Regarding that ignorant comment: 

Animated GIF
  • Options
    @lifesabeach85 -  I agree about losing what downtime I get. DS still naps and that is my get things done or relax time. I'm 100% an introvert and I need time to recharge. I know a new baby will be totally worth it, but I worry about not having recharge time with two kids. 

@tessiesmom26 - I had my cleaning 2-3 weeks ago and I could have swore I was going to have a cavity because it felt like it from all the shockers/sweet tarts I'd been eating to keep the nausea at bay. Apparently they just make my teeth sensitive because I didn't have one and since I don't eat them now I'm fine. Hopefully you won't have any cavities! 

@runningyogimama - I'm sorry you're feeling down about your weight gain. While I haven't gained much weight yet, I feel like I look like I have a spare tire around my midsection. I'm having a hard time eating as well as I should and getting in exercise (which I'm hoping I will be able to be better at now that I'm feeling better). I also started 9lbs into the obese bmi range for my height, so I was already feeling crappy about myself. I thought I was going to have a few months before doing IVF to lose some weight. I try to remember I'm growing a human and every pregnancy and body handles things differently. I may feel crappy about it now, but in the end it will all be worth it for this sweet baby and I can lose the weight after (although it may take a while and not come off easy). I also think we are our own worst critic, and I'm sure people around you think you look great! 

+1 to being sad I won't be able to give this baby all the snuggle time DS got. I do plan on wearing him/her so I know that will help. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    +1 for the spare tire look. I've only gained 3 lbs so far (yay for food aversions?) but it's all in my midsection and kind of misshapen. I will say, anything with a maternity band smoothes things out so I'm planning on going shopping for some maternity bottoms sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    @runningyogimama +1 on this. I tell my husband every year that all I want that day is to not have to cook a single meal, make a single snack, clean up for anyone, and to have 2 hours to go to lunch by myself so I can read in peace without anyone interrupting me or asking for my food. It's heavenly every time.