September 2018 Moms

UO Thursday 5/10

Opinions? Who's got them?

Re: UO Thursday 5/10

• Loading the player...
  • @klj0228 & @nlc8424 that is good to know... unfortunately, mine isn't light colored... it better go away when Polly arrives.. or I'll make it go away. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @smsaulino I got even hairy with DD. It unfortunately did not go away :sweat:

So, I now sport a dark brown "happy trail". It used to go up to my belly button but it's now going up past my belly button :neutral: It also spread out a bit.

I've told DH that if we have a 3rd, I'd end up with a dusting of chest hair. 

Oh and don't get me started on "granny hairs" on my neck, jaw, and cheeks.

I started getting facial hair in high school? I never shaved, just plucked the particularly dark hairs. 
  • edited May 2018
    @BostonBaby1 and @stothi I hear you. I do my best to keep active, and I'm lucky that I don't have serious health concerns or major puking problems...but if I do too much I end up with early babies, and even if I don't, my SPD leaves me borderline disabled in third trimester-like considering asking for a parking permit-which I would only use at Walmart or Costco or somewhere else with a huge lot that is currently mostly full. And mine never fully healed after my son- I'm permanently affected. But, I still don't feel like I'm "sick" so if I choose to do something, please don't look at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I want to go to a concert or camping, OK?

So maybe just stop acting like we're all disabled or all super humans?

My UO: not sure if this is actually unpopular, but it really irks me that sedans don't really work for families anymore-we just don't fit.

eta for auto correct, and one sentence for clarity.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • nackienackie member
    @MandyMost my son’s favorite color is pink. It’s so hard to find things for him that aren’t super girly. Drives me crazy. 
  • stothistothi member
    nackie said:
    @MandyMost my son’s favorite color is pink. It’s so hard to find things for him that aren’t super girly. Drives me crazy. 
    My son's favorite colors are blue, purple and pink. His favorite toys are cars, trains, helicopters and planes. It's definitely hard to find clothes and bedding and things that really fit all his favorites.
  • stothistothi member
    @MandyMost I had to explain to someone the other day what team green meant. They rolled their eyes so hard, lol. I was all, don't look at me! I didn't come up with it!
  • @stothi I agree with you, but especially on this part: ". I ESPECIALLY HATE like with a fiery passion HATE when women (or men) WHO HAVE NEVER FREAKING BEEN PREGNANT say that shit. Hate it. I go into instant rage mode. Thanks for shaming me for surviving a traumatic thing that you haven't experienced and can't imagine what it's actually like. But thanks for the judgement, thanks."

I have quite a few friends who have either decided having kids isn't for them and one who it isn't an option for her.  Valid choice and zero judgement on my part.  However, I cannot stand it when they tell me what I should or should not being doing, or even better, how I should look or feel.   

I had to have a conversation with my best friend to please stop comparing me to other pregnant people she knows.  Every pregnancy is different, everyone will show at different times, everyone will gain a different amount of weight, stop comparing!!!  Also, please stop looking online to give me advice.  

• jumpy57jumpy57 member
    @stothi interesting strategy! We don't do dessert with DD on a regular basis. Usually we will eat ice cream an hour or two after dinner and she is in bed. If we are at a party I make a plate for DD and don't stress about what does/doesn't get eaten. 

These empty threats I speak of are all sorts of things "Santa won't give you presents, we will go home if you don't behave, we won't open birthday presents, and the ever famous counting to three with nothing happening after" 
  • nackienackie member
    @EErin86 i count the three a lot, but DS has ignored it enough to know that he is going to be very unhappy if I make it to three. It’s resulted in a lot of tantrums, but now when I start counting he usually does what he’s supposed to (like 75% which I think is pretty good for 2). It’s so easy to make empty threats, but it just makes life harder once they figure out you’re a pushover 
  • stothistothi member
    @EErin86 we don't do desserts on a regular basis either. We do have a piece of chocolate as a family at some point almost every day though. There's quite the ritual around picking out one piece for everyone.

• I count to three a lot and Mr. Smarty Pants either complies or takes it as an opportunity to show me how high he can count now. Lol. Our threats are not empty most of the time though. We leave if they’re not behaving. Who am I kidding... They are often empty. 
  • nackienackie member
    @BostonBaby1 it’s so hard to follow through! I occasionally cave, especially if it’s bedtime related and I know the tantrum will delay things even more, but that’s pretty unusual for me. I haven’t had to do it in public though since DS still likes to show off and be good for new people. I might have a hard time following through on behave or we’re leaving type threats. 

• @BostonBaby1 DD does the same thing! Sometimes she gets a huge smile at “two” and starts counting loudly. Takes all the effort in the world not to laugh.