September 2018 Moms

C/S Momma Thread 5/9

I'm thinking that now that we've had a lot of the anatomy scans done, there might be more stuff to discuss!

Here's a thread for all moms who have had a surgical delivery already, OR who are planning on one in the future. Be warned, there's a standing trigger warning of surgery/medical intervention, and potentially trauma here.

Post prompts:
Planning on surgical or vaginal delivery with this pregnancy?

Planning on picking a birthday or going into labor?

Has your past c section (if applicable) affected current pregnancy?

Do you have any important points in your birth plan?

Best case, how long do you plan on being in hospital, and how long will you have help at home?

Wisdom to pass on, or wisdom wanted?

GTKY: In a perfect birth, what song would be playing as baby emerges?
1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
Team green turned BLUE!
2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
Team green turned PINK!
Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: C/S Momma Thread 5/9

• Planning on surgical or vaginal delivery with this pregnancy?
    Planning on vaginal, depending on placenta placement.

Going into labor as long as placenta is all OK!

My scar is so itchy!!! Even more so than my belly. No amount of lotion or anything seems to help. I have friends who have had pulling sensations inside though and that sounds way worse, so I'll take the itch. 

For vaginal-staying at home, daddy catches baby, tub to labor in, and having a water fountain going. In case of surgical-daddy gets to announce sex, clear and/or lowered drape, hands free, triple checking that meds work before starting surgery, and being sure to keep baby in my view during initial exams. Preferably I would like to hold baby as soon as cord is trimmed up.

Best case, how long do you plan on being in hospital, and how long will you have help at home?
    Vaginal birth-no hospital time, and probably about a week of help.
    Surgical-I want to be home after 2 days and hope to have help during day for 2 weeks. 

To pass on-for most people if you don't want a repeat c section, you don't need to (if you want one, then get one). Wisdom wanted-how long before you were able to lift your toddler and how long before you could be at home all day with toddler and newborn?

This goes for any type of birth-Meghan Trainor-Dance Like Your Daddy
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
    RCS.

I don't get to pick. Will be at 39 weeks, whichever day it falls on - except weekends because my hospital does not schedule CS for the weekend. 

Nope. 

Just that I want to hold LO right after. And I would like to nurse as soon as I can. 

I was in hospital two nights last time, so I imagine it could be the same. I was so ready to go home. DH is taking two weeks off work and I am hoping MIL will be here for one week after. I will for sure need the help with a 2 year old as well. I am very worried how I will manage. 

Pass on: After your CS, take your pain killers ON TIME! And do not do too much too soon. I did and had problems with my incision. 
    Wisdom wanted: If I go into labour before my SCS, do I just do a VBAC or do they do the CS? 

Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsman2018 My knowledge and experience tells me that unless you arrive at hospital and baby is crowning, or you specifically ask for a VBAC, that you would just have your c section moved up if you were to go in labor before it was scheduled. Obviously, you can confirm with doctor, but I can't imagine that they would force a vaginal delivery if you didn't want one.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsman2018 My knowledge and experience tells me that unless you arrive at hospital and baby is crowning, or you specifically ask for a VBAC, that you would just have your c section moved up if you were to go in labor before it was scheduled. Obviously, you can confirm with doctor, but I can't imagine that they would force a vaginal delivery if you didn't want one.
    Yeah, I should bring it up to my OB. I don't know why I just though if I were in labour they wouldn't let me do a CS. 
  • ::snipped::
    Yeah, I should bring it up to my OB. I don't know why I just though if I were in labour they wouldn't let me do a CS. 
    They definitely will do a c section while you're in labor, even if it's not an emergency situation. Mine was done in labor. :)
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker

RCS

Neither. My OB and hospital will coordinate to pick a date and time. 39 weeks falls on a weekend and my hospital also does not schedule sections on weekends.

No. I have a little extra pressure on my scar when carrying DS and DD but no big deal.

My entire birth plan is to get baby out safely with as little pain as possible. 

3 nights if it goes well. Otherwise I’ll be 4 with no complications. I can’t take oral pain meds so I’ll need the extra day with an epidural in. 

@pourmeamocktail It depends upon where you are trying to lift toddler from. If he climbs up on the couch (I recall you said it wasn’t convenient but I advise to put a chair in most rooms so you have less distance to go) you hand hold him. Don’t lift from the floor until cleared. Each person and section is different. 
    @mrsman2018  Agree you can have the section if you arrive in labor. If you go into labor on your own, head right in if you want the RCS but confirm with your OB at next appointment.

GTKY: In a perfect birth, what song would be playing as baby emerges

Just the sweet sounds of a healthy baby crying