Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Thursday 5/3

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Hollywood calls you up and wants to make a movie of your life - what would the movie be called? And what would a short synopsis say to tempt us to watch it?
Me 43 DH 45
Married 12/2016
TTC #1 since 04/2015
AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
7 retrievals, 3 transfers
Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

Re: WTO Thursday 5/3

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 38/36

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Unofficially Trying on our own, officially waiting to start IVF#4 next cycle

R/R: Thought I would get us started early today! Because it’s Thursday and that means tomorrow is Friday - and then it’s the weekend!!!
    I’m so tired today and not at all motivated to work, but needs must!

CS/Q: Well my CBAD tells me I’m high, my OPK was dark but not quite positive, my temps are all over and my Ava tells me I’m moving into a period of high fertility. Personally I think my ovaries are having some kind of wild party down there. Last week at my baseline scan we had two follicles growing, already larger than they should be day 2 and 3 (as I decided to have a second US the next day with a different doctor to check). So seeing estrogen rises already would not be out of the ball park if two are fighting it out to be “the one” this month. But if I really O this early it’s not a good sign about my ovarian reserve or the quality of the eggs... let’s see. 

GTKY: Hollywood calls you up and wants to make a movie of your life - what would the movie be called? And what would a short synopsis say to tempt us to watch it?
    I would go for “Don’t stop believing” and yes I would use the Journey song as the theme tune. I know it’s overused but it sums up many parts of my life.
    ”You never know where life will take you, even in the darkest moments when it seems all your dreams are in tatters, keep looking for that glimmer of light. Follow the story a typical English country girl growing up surrounded by horses takes a journey which sees her through serious injury, financial hardship, living in China and traveling the world before finding the love of her life. With everything finally seeming like it’s on track, a new shadow grows - can she overcome this latest challenge to banish the darkness for good?”
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt

R/R: going out to a comedy show with some girl friends tonight. I’m excited since I don’t get too many nights out lately.

CS/Q: 

This would be a boring movie... 

“Bloom where you are planted”

“the story of a woman in a a male dominated industry struggling to be taken seriously, she needs to learn how to stand her ground and thrive with the hand she is dealt.”
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: BBT, charting

R/R:
    Rant: DH's coworkers text and call him about EVERYTHING, especially things he doesn't handle or has no control over. His phone has been chiming and dinging since 7:00 this morning.
    Rave: My morning cup of joe tastes extra delicious this morning.

CS/Q: Nada.

"Shock Girl"

"What happens when your worst enemy is your own mind? Shock Girl tells the tale of a young woman's battle with Bipolar Disorder as she navigates life and family, all while undergoing electroconvulsive therapy."

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 19/19

CD: 27

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R: Finally was able to jog after spraining my ankle in early march.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Hollywood calls you up and wants to make a movie of your life - what would the movie be called? And what would a short synopsis say to tempt us to watch it?  Here we go again - A story about a woman dealing family drama.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 11/12

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Ubiquinol, pnv, hio

R/R: It is going to be a long day! Almost no sleep last night and really early start to the day. Damn barking dog! (love him) FX is goes quickly. Weather has definitely switched for the warmer. Loving it. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: Hollywood calls you up and wants to make a movie of your life - what would the movie be called? And what would a short synopsis say to tempt us to watch it? Only because this was very relevant today.......

"The tale of the ladies gym locker room"

Ladies unite over daily war paint rituals to become best of friends. They laugh, they share, they cry. Occasionally they lift too. 
  • Options
    @emmasemm In reading your post I do have a question for you, is there a correlation between early O and lower egg reserve? Maybe it is just logical and I didn't think it through. Also, huge, huge congrats on your thesis and passing. (I saw your update on the IF thread). 
    @meggyme Have fun at the comedy show tonight!
    @chellisam Coworkers are annoying. MH has the same issue so I make him turn his phone to "do not disturb" at night so it doesn't wake me up earlier than needed. 
    @Stargazer1lily Oh that is great! MH sprained his ankle about a month ago, so I nice to hear that you are out there and back at it. I feel like I could do a family drama movie too. Or MH's ex. Ugh.... 
  • Options
    @nitnat007 It's not so much that it wakes me up -- I'm a morning person anyway. I just hate seeing him get so frustrated.
  • Options
    chellisam said:
    **SNIP**

"Shock Girl"

"What happens when your worst enemy is your own mind? Shock Girl tells the tale of a young woman's battle with Bipolar Disorder as she navigates life and family, all while undergoing electroconvulsive therapy."

I have Type II Bipolar Disorder.

How does the electroconvulsive therapy work/help? 

Also, I would totally see that movie. Would it be a comedy/romance/drama? 
  • Options
    snarkles said:
    chellisam said:
    **SNIP**

"Shock Girl"

ECT passes a small electrical current through the brain to induce a seizure. It's all done under anesthesia and muscle relaxers so the body doesn't have a physical seizure. Supposedly it's something about the seizure itself that they think changes the brain chemistry. It's helped me tremendously, more than any med I've been on. I've been going for 3 years now for maintenance.

And probably a comedy-slash-drama. I have a pretty good sense of humor about it all, but I've been through some rough times with it, as I'm sure you're familiar with with Type II. At one point I had a manic episode that included hallucinations of people in my home; when it was over I joked that I should have asked them to help clean. Also, my friends have contests for who can come up with the best ECT pun.
  • Options
    chellisam said:
    snarkles said:
    chellisam said:
    **SNIP**

"Shock Girl"

ECT passes a small electrical current through the brain to induce a seizure. It's all done under anesthesia and muscle relaxers so the body doesn't have a physical seizure. Supposedly it's something about the seizure itself that they think changes the brain chemistry. It's helped me tremendously, more than any med I've been on. I've been going for 3 years now for maintenance.

And probably a comedy-slash-drama. I have a pretty good sense of humor about it all, but I've been through some rough times with it, as I'm sure you're familiar with with Type II. At one point I had a manic episode that included hallucinations of people in my home; when it was over I joked that I should have asked them to help clean. Also, my friends have contests for who can come up with the best ECT pun.
    @chellisam - That sounds pretty intense. I've been on meds for so long that I'm starting to consider alternative methods. I have a love/hate relationship with my meds. Love because they help, but hate because they also have lots of side effects that leave me all kinds of messed up. 

Also, you really do need to have a good sense of humor with something like this. I have an alarm set on my phone for my meds. It's the "Power Up" sound from Mario Bros. It used to be "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry. Hehe. It helps to stay as positive as possible. ❤️
  • Options
    snarkles said:
    @chellisam - That sounds pretty intense. I've been on meds for so long that I'm starting to consider alternative methods. I have a love/hate relationship with my meds. Love because they help, but hate because they also have lots of side effects that leave me all kinds of messed up. 

Also, you really do need to have a good sense of humor with something like this. I have an alarm set on my phone for my meds. It's the "Power Up" sound from Mario Bros. It used to be "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry. Hehe. It helps to stay as positive as possible. ❤️
    I love that you have the power up sound! That is so amazing <3
  • Options
    We're technically waiting to start TTC, but I think I want to jump in on here. 

Month/Cycle: We are waiting to start TTC, but I think H is starting to change his mind about a start day. It looks like it might be February instead of May! 

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: I am currently on Weight Watchers and trying to lose 65-75 lbs. I am currently on an IUD, but H and I have discussed having it removed in February so I can start temping, getting back on progesterone, seeing an acupuncturist, and possibly scheduling to meet up with my RE. So many things that *aren't* happening yet. 

R/R: I'm antsy to get back to temping and have my IUD removed, but H is very adamant that he is not ready for that yet. I have PCOS, so the biggest piece for me is to get the blood work done and speak to my RE. 

CS/Q: Nothing right now. 

I doubt very much that Hollywood would want to make a movie about me...maybe it would be called, "If You Think Your Teacher is Tough..." It would seem to be a heartwarming story about a teacher who works in an urban school, but it's a comedy about a teacher who trips over herself daily and makes an ass out of herself...all in an effort to teach her students from textbooks that the whole department hates. She eventually triumphs and the students realize that she's a little more badass than they realized. I could see Tina Fey playing the teacher...

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: BBT,OPK, all the sex. 

R/R: It's freaking cold here again.   :neutral:  I can't wait for summer to be here to be able to enjoy being outside. 

CS/Q: 

*Music for the soul*

The story of a girl going through life and all it's challenges who finds comfort in music and chases all the live music and festivals she can as a coping mechanism.

FFTC. I suck at thinking of things like this and it literally took me an hour to come here to post because I had no movie title or synopsis. 
    :# 

• Options
    @chellisam I have the same problem as YH; my phone never stops going off with work BS. I’m sorry! I know exactly how annoying it is, but I’m not allowed to ignore it. 

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, CM, PNV

R/R: I work M-T so it’s almost my weekend, but Thursday is our big meeting day every week and it’s always stressful. Plus I have court tomorrow on my day off and I’m 90% sure that the witness will no show again so it’s going to be a waste of my time. I’m trying to be grateful for the extra money. 

CS/Q: 

I’m with @Venessa88 These GTKYs are so hard sometimes lol. I don’t know what the title would be but it’s a dark comedy starring a hardened detective with a troubled past who spends all her time trying to track down gang members and put them in prison. The surprise is that she has a soft spot for babies and tiny dogs. My movie is probably lame and will flop at the theater.