November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Questions w/o 4/29

Re: Weekly Questions w/o 4/29

• Options
    serabjornserabjorn member
    edited May 2018
    @blue2mango, @BabyBoyH92016, and @CanadianGamerMom thank you so much!  I just called my doctor and my LMP EDD is 11/17/2018, while my last ultrasound EDD is 11/7/2018.  I am going to find out at my next appointment on 5/23/2018 whether my EDD will be changed to the earlier date.

Also @CanadianGamerMom thank you for sharing regarding my stay-at-home question!  It will be a bit of a different dynamic for both of us and I hope it doesn't cause us any more strain than could be expected from moving from two incomes to just one.  Also, super jelly of the length of your maternity leave!  We get 6 weeks, which doesn't seem like much time to me, as I generally take a long time to heal. =S

@bfpafter4years hubby and I couldn't wait, so we looked at our results right away.  Since then, we've told my MIL and a few very close friends.  Everyone else gets to find out this Sunday on Mother's Day.  I would say to stick with what you two want to do.  There is nothing wrong with knowing now and telling everyone else later, no matter what others may think about you "keeping a secret from them."  Waiting to find out is okay!  Knowing and not telling is okay!  Above all else, just don't feel pressured to do one thing over the other, especially for the sake of someone else.  I hope this helps. :)
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

• Options
    @ginny_203 - I know you didn't ask me, but I did the maternit21 and it took 8 days to get the results back. 

@bfpafter4years - yay for good results! I am no help with the sex, good luck deciding! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can we talk nurseries? Not sure if it's enough to open a new thread about it but just wondering what other team green moms did for their first baby? 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 FTM Mom here but team green, we are planning on an animal theme. I love the gray, white black look so I’m okay with neutral and plan to incorporate some blues and greens too. Part of our reason for being team green is because I hate anything pink and didn’t want to find out we’re having a girl and open pink item after pink item at my shower! Pinterest has a ton of cute ideas for gender neutral nurseries. 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 we went with light green/gray walls and farm animal theme. Lucky for us, DD is OBSESSED with cows so apparently we made the right choice. I have no clue what we are going to do this time around as we might be looking at yet another move right before or after my due date but we will figure that out. 
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 We were team green for DS1 and DS2. I just decorated after they were born. It was fun getting to pick things out that I felt matched their personalities. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can someone explain to my why the NT Scan is thought to be less accurate than the NIPT when both involve blood work?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    On the topic of nurseries..... ST+Ms, did you do as much for subsequent baby's room as you did with #1 ? For DS, we did a forest themed nursery. Painted the walls green, ceiling blue, and had vinyl stickers of trees, clouds, and animals. MH asked what I want as a theme this time and my response was just... "idk, lets just paint grey and purple". He's already giving me a hard time about "2nd baby syndrome" -_- 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @middleschoolmommy so reuse of previous theme really wouldn't go over well huh? ;)

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Similarly on the topic of nurseries... is there a hard rule about whether or not to paint while pregnant?  I've seen mixed information online.  Hubby and I are in the middle of a few home projects, including flooring and painting our and baby's rooms.  I'd hate to make him do ALL of the work if there is the possibility that I can safely paint (with a special type of paint, with a respirator, etc).  Thanks in advance for your help!
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

• Options
    ashkee05ashkee05 member
    edited May 2018
    So I REALLY wanted to create my own thread for this but I decided to come here instead  ;):p;);) lol jk 

anyway are any of you further along ladies feeling your babies yet?? I am a little surprised to already feel mine. Obviously nothing strong but I’m definitely getting the flutters. It really took me by surprise and makes me excited for baby hiccups!! Those are my fave <3
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I’ve been feeling movement since a day or two before 13 weeks. I felt movement super early with my second, also (I’m short and petite, if that makes a difference, so not a lot of room in there).

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @pink_polkadots - The NT lab work looks at a couple things (papp-a and something else I believe) that can be related with chromosome defects in conjunction with the ultrasound results. I know high or low papp-a can indicate you're at a risk for pre-e as well (because I was with DS, although I didn't end up getting it). The NIPT blood work actually looks in your blood for baby's blood and can analyze the chromosomes to make sure there are two of each one (21, 18, 13, and then looks at sex chromosomes). It's more accurate at catching chromosome abnormalities with less false positive results. 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Thank you @mockingjay1

Im in a bad place right now ladies. We had our NT scan yesterday, and what I thought was just going to be another chance to see baby turned into stress and worry. Our NT measurement came back a little high. The Dr described it as falling into a “gray area”... so not in the clear, but not quite defined as high risk. We haven’t gotten the blood work portion of the test back yet, they said it’d be about a week. She said the blood work could bring down the risk, or could increase it. I’ve been a crying, nervous wreck since yesterday afternoon and I’m desperate for answers. I’ve been reading a lot of anecdotal stories from women on other forums who got higher than normal NT measurements and everything turned out ok... but I keep thinking what if I’m the unlucky one. I’ve been trying to talk to the nurses at the MFM center all day but there’s only one in today and I guess she’s busy because all I’ve been getting is voicemail. Anyone have any advice?  I feel like now even with the blood work I’m not going to be able to feel calm. Once I get ahold of someone I’m going to ask about the NIPT. This is so hard. I feel like the wind has been knocked out of me. I was finally starting to feel good, feel excited. I was going to announce on social media this weekend. But now I don’t want to feel or do anything until I know if everything’s going to be okay.  :disappointed:
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    @pink_polkadots No advice to give, though I wish I had some sage wisdom to share, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're going through this. 

I really, truly hope everything turns out just fine for you and baby. :heart:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @middleschoolmommy we did nothing for nurseries after our first  but not sure I'm  a good example, for 1 we moved a lot and for 2 we started cosleeping with new babies so we didn't have a nursery  to decorate.  I think even if I had I wouldn't have went as extravagant.  We did the grass and blue ceiling too.  I'm  planning a light yellow in the spare room/office/nursery with a vinyl tree sticker this time around.

And as far as preparing @serabjorn I feel kind of in a mixed crowd.  I try to live a 'healthy' life and buy organic, natural a lot but I feel kind of relaxed about exposure.  Partially  because I feel damned if you do damned if you dont so I know my opinion is just that BUT.  I try to avoid chemicals in general.  I know floor glue is one of the worst VOCs ever so I'd avoid that entirely.  I paint though, we buy low VOC paint.  I dont use a respirator I would only use one if I was working with something stronger or sanding which I would also avoid while pg.  
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I’m so sorry that your NT scan measurements came back less than ideal. That would definitely be stressful. That said, false positives for NT screens are incredibly common, and that is one reason NIPT is becoming the new standard. The NT scans are considered positive for chromosomal abnormalities if the formula they use (measurements plus blood markers) comes back as 1/200 or higher (they assume you would want an amino, and the risk of miscarriage with amino is 1/200) - which is usually still really low risk!  

My current doctor encourages people to get th NIPT, called the NT “soon to be outdated” and said the NIPT is “so much more accurate” 

I hope you can can get a hold of someone soon, and that they get your blood work back (and it’s good!) if it were me, I would insist on having my blood drawn TODAY for a NIPT and see if they can rush it. 

Thinking of you!!! 

• Options
    @pink_polkadots Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and your sweet babe as you go through this uneasy time. I've never received an NT scan, so I have no experience or wisdom to offer, but I hope babe is healthy and happy in there! Take a deep breath and relax. I know that's practically impossible, but try to save the worry for when you get all the facts and results. It'll all be okay. *hugs*
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots the NT scan has a 5+% false positive rate with just the ultrasound measurements and something like a 3% false positive rate with the bloodwork included.  We strongly considered doing the NIPT because I have a few friends (4 come to mind immediately) who had positives and only one of them ended up having a child with a chromosomal issue.  They all said the 1-2 week wait for NIPT results after the NT scan was the worst of their pregnancy.  If the NT bloodwork comes back with you still at risk, your insurance will likely cover the NIPT which, while not diagnostic like an amnio, will give you a better idea of what you're dealing with.  
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't have any prior experiences or sage advice to offer but please just know that I'm thinking of you and your family. I'm hoping you can get in for your NIPT test soon. For what it's worth, they drew blood for the Maternit21 test on Tuesday. I called them last night to see whether their lab had received it, and they said they had and that it would be 3-5 calendar days before we'd have a result, barring any issues or needs to re-test. I was impressed about the turnaround time and think it could help to give you some answers in less than a week. I will echo others that I've also heard of higher incidents of false positives with the NTs as opposed to NIPT which is why we're electing to do both.
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 We did gray and yellow owls. I love owls.

• Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited May 2018
    @pink_polkadots - I am so sorry you're going through this. It effing sucks. Our NT results with DS came back at a 1/40ish chance of one of the trisomies (18 I believe). I was a complete wreck. We did the NIPT right after, and all came back normal. If I were you I'd ask for NIPT now rather than waiting a week for the NT labs to come back. I feel like even if the lab work came back and it said things were ok, you'd still question the measurement and want the knowledge/peace of mind from the NIPT (or at least I would). Thinking of you and praying everything with your sweet baby is ok. <3
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @pink_polkadots - I am so sorry for all the stress you must be going through. Sending lots of prayers and hope your way for everything to turn out okay! 

• Options
    @pink_polkadots for what it's worth, if you're worried about insurance coverage for the NIPT I've heard that a lot of these companies will work with you. During our fertility journey, we both did the Horizon carrier screening (company was Natera - their NIPT test is called Panorama I believe) to determine whether we were carriers for anything. Our bill came back at almost $1k even with insurance coverage, but I was able to talk them down and ended up only paying $200. I also remember them mentioning they had programs where they'll provide financial assistance, although not applicable to us due to our income level. In my research, I'd found this is very common - they try to bill you for the maximum allowance, but as long as you complain they'll work with you and your out of pocket costs will be minimal.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @pink_polkadots when I went for my NT scan with my DD they told me she had fluid near her neck. I guess this is one if the indicators of Downs Syndrome. They said either she has Downs or it will go away on it's own. I was a mess! It was the worst feeling knowing something might be wrong but they aren't sure. The next scan showed it getting smaller which was what they wanted. I understand how stressful this can all be but (as much as you can), try to not let it get you upset. Most likely, everything is fine.

My question: Okay, rethinking our boy first name. We want the non Max but I don't think I want Maxwell anymore. What do you think of Maximus, Maddox, or Maxim?
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots so sorry you’re dealing with this! Like others i have read, heard and was even told the ht has a high false positive. Try to not stress out!  <3
    nws
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots Praying for you, girl  <3
  • Options
    @bfpafter4years I like Maximus best. 
  • Options
    eahayeseahayes member
    Random one for ya! I bought some maternity jeans on sale (the kind with stretch on the side, not the extra part that goes over your belly).. when I sit down, they go way down in the back. Is that because I don't have a huge bump yet, or do they just not fit well? Return window is closing. And yes, I realize how stupid this sounds as I type it!
  • Options
    @middleschoolmommy We are going to reuse our nursery exactly as is and we're going to move DD to the bigger guest room. We're going to go all out to make her a really nice, comfy "big girl" space, so the new baby is definitely getting gipped (gypped? no idea how to spell that) on the nursery. I get what you mean though...I'm not nearly as motivated to make a nice nursery space for this one, so I'm glad we get to reuse everything as we already have it. After DD, I kind of learned that all the cutesy nursery stuff doesn't really pay off. Baby only needs a bed and a sheet, really. I felt like I wasted some money on nice bedroom stuff the first time around. 
    @pink_polkadots I'm so sorry for the stress you're going through right now. That's really scary and I hope you get your blood work results ASAP so you can have a definite answer. Sending you tons of hugs tonight. 

*TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots that is exactly the same thing that happened to me. Except we didn't have the NIPT test option back in those days! (Almost 7 years ago) I had to just wait it out until the next scan. I am glad she could reassure you and that you are getting that test. Back then, I was told, this is actually a pretty common thing and most babies extra fluid does go away on own.
  • Options
    @eahayes If the pants don’t fit well now, they probably never will. I have some of the side stretch pants and they fit perfect right now. If it’s not love, return them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Differences in OBs vs midwives?

My clinic offers both but as separate services so I can see a midwife if I'm scheduled with an OB and Visa versa. Havent had the beat experience with my OB or her NP and was looking into switching when I had a bunch of friends mention midwives in place of my OB. Not sure I fully understand the difference or where one would choose one vs the other. Anyone have any insight on this. I feel like if I'm going to switch now is the time before it gets too late. I just want to have a good connection with the person that is caring for myself and LO.
  • Options
    Any advice on staying team green when EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER around you is pregnant and finding out what they're having left and right?   :s
  • Options
    eahayeseahayes member
    @pink_polkadots hoping you get answers soon! Glad you are able to get in today! Thinking of you
  • Options
    ashkee05 said:
    anyway are any of you further along ladies feeling your babies yet?? I am a little surprised to already feel mine. Obviously nothing strong but I’m definitely getting the flutters. It really took me by surprise and makes me excited for baby hiccups!! Those are my fave <3
    I'm 15 weeks now and I've felt this kid for a while. Very sporadic initially but now almost daily.  Just a tiny bit. I could actually see my belly move and my husband could feel it last time at 18 weeks though.

So I'm sitting here at work trying to figure out how to tell my boss.......
  • Options
    @photomama3811 I promise it gets easier to be Team Green! I think when you get further along and start buying things for baby and planning more, you are distracted and manage better. We were Team Green with both of our boys and are again for the twins. The moment of finding out in the delivery room is so incredible. Plus, you'll be able to torture other people with the fact that they don't know what you're having. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KellyT22 torturing others is a big motivation  :D I found out with my 2 boys, so I'm just having a hard time not being able to day dream about the baby like I could with them as silly as that sounds. 
    I'm sure I'll get over it when i start feeling those kicks though  :)