November 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 4/27

For those of us with a due date of: 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, 11/23, 11/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: You are rewarded an all expenses paid trip. Where are you going?

Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Friday Ticker Change 4/27

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby? 13 weeks!! Inching out of the first Tri!! Baby is a peach, or lemon depending on the app.

2. How are you feeling? Not as tired which is great! I am hoping this means my burst of energy is coming!

3. Any appointments this week? Nope, not until the 10th

4. Rants/raves/questions? I need it to be noon already so I can be done with work for the week and go see Infinity War with DH!!

5. GTKY: You are rewarded an all expenses paid trip. Where are you going? Normally I would jump at saying Disney but I am crazy and pay for those trips all the time, so I will say Hawaii since we can't muster the urge to spend that much yet!

Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

9weeks. A cherry? 

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Have had very mild symptoms so far.

Nope. Not until May 8th

I’m getting anxious for my next appointment. Last time I saw baby I was only 6 and a half weeks pregnant. 

Probably Iceland (kid free) It’s a trip hubs and I talked about taking prior to having our son, but never got around to it. I regret not making it happen. 

• Loading the player...
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited April 2018

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

11 weeks - lime!

2. How are you feeling?

Not too bad.  Tired and headachy.

Ultrasound on Tuesday (had to request it since they apparently don't normally do them more than once in a blue moon at my new OB's office and they didn't even use a doppler to try to find baby's heartbeat, so I have no idea what's going on inside my uterus right now).

Okay, so I love my new OB as a person (great guy, super down to earth, funny), but I'm questioning whether he's being ridiculously over-cautious about some things:

* Insisting I stop taking my mood stabilizer cold turkey (because it's apparently exponentially more dangerous taking it along with my other psych meds, in spite of what my psychiatrist told me) and only begrudgingly letting me stay on my low dose anxiety medication and the medication I take for my fibromyalgia that I literally can't function without.  

He said I have to at least try and see if I can soldier through, but coming off means having to slowly taper back up if I go back on it because it can cause a dangerous rash if you up your dose too fast.  So if I go off the deep-end, it's not a quick fix to get me back where I was.

* No sex after 25 weeks (!) because of the risk of pre-term labor

Never heard that one before, even with my twins and even he admits it's controversial.  I didn't ever have any pre-term labor at all with my twins.  There was nothing at all happening naturally at my 38w4d scheduled C/S.

* Eat fish only once every 2 weeks (instead of once a week).  

No budging, which is making me sad since the one date night my husband and I have each week involves going to a nice seafood restaurant we love.

* See an MFM because I'm apparently super complicated and high risk even though I have less issues going on now than I did with my twins and I didn't see one then... 

So much thrown at me in that first appointment.  I went in happy and came out feeling like I was thrown into a hurricane.

I really like him and his office and he comes very highly recommended, but I'm feeling really overwhelmed by all of these cautious things.

I'm also terrified of how my psychiatrist is going to react to me not talking my mood stabilizer since my next appointment with him was supposed to address possibly upping the dose because of the increased blood volume of the second and third trimesters.  I can function without it, but I'm not a pleasant person to be around and my head gets very "loud" (crowded with thoughts).

I'm sitting here freaking out and wondering if I'm making a mistake with this new guy as much as I love him, but my old OB nearly killed me during my C/S and was a complete asshole.  I know a lot of people are probably going to think "find someone new!" but I don't think there's anyone better for me to find and the only thing really getting me is the no-go on my mood stabilizer.  I'm not confrontational, so I'm afraid of dealing with both my psychiatrist and my OB about the issue (and the MFM when I see him).

New Zealand, maybe?  I've always wanted to go.  It's so pretty there and I love international travel!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @MojieJo Yikes! That is a lot to take in. It sounds like he’s being really cautious, and I can see why you are upset, especially regarding your medications. Great personality and all, I would maybe seek a second opinion regarding your meds. Hope you figure things out soon. 
  • @BabyBoyH92016 I definitely plan on asking the MFM I'm going to be seeing about my meds. 

And if he agrees I need to discontinue the one, I'm still going to ask my psychiatrist when I see him again in July.

It's possible that this is the way to go, but I'm hesitant to not get anyone else's input.  I just have to wait, unfortunately.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(