October 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (April 25)

Ticker change simply means that you have started a new week of pregnancy.  For example, I go from 16 weeks to 17 weeks on Wednesday 4/25, so my “ticker” changes on Wednesdays. It is our way of marking a milestone. 

Questions stolen from Monday.  

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (April 25)

• rc-colarc-cola member
    edited April 2018

17w. According to a baby book someone just gave me, the size of a ham and cheese croissant. Weird because isn’t that the same size as a regular croissant?

2. How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Trying to excercise every other day, but I’m always so exhausted on the days i work out.

Nope- should be getting some results back though.

I read in the same book that 16 weeks is the time to start sleeping on your side. Finding that extremely difficult. Any tips?

Hiking all the mountains!! I love long day hikes that go over several mountains and also love backpacking. 

• Loading the player...
  • @rc-cola I use a u-shaped body pillow to help support my back. Usually I end up in some sort of weird half back half side hybrid in the middle of the night, because my body keeps trying to go on it's back. It's a lot hard to go completely on your back when there is a pillow blocking you. I side slept 99.9% of the time pre-pregnancy, so it's weird that my body keeps doing that!
  • halfanewthalfanewt member
    edited April 2018

@rc-cola I asked my doc about back and stomach lying (since both are still super comfy) and she said they recommend switching by week 20, so maybe you still have time to adjust? 

@knottieamusements I hike that way, too! Drives my serious hiker friends crazy, lol

17, so pear, pomegranate, or buttermilk biscuit! 

2. How are you feeling?

Aside from the horrible combo of spring cold+seasonal allergies, just peachy :/

Midwife appointment Monday, super quick, all is good. They had me schedule my anatomy scan (not until May 11), which seems crazy! 

We currently have 2 roommates (long story) and one will be moving out end of June so we can have a nursery. Seriously regretting not making it end of May. Now he’s super sullen and idgaf ‘cause I want to start decorating! 

Anything outside, which usually ends up being traveling and hiking :)

Edited because all the typos...

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

15 weeks, orange or cinnabun :D

2. How are you feeling?

not too bad, just trouble sleeping

not until 5/9 so 2 more weeks! this 5 week stretch feels like an eternity!!

None really, just trying to keep my anxiety in check worrying about baby and then of course all the changes baby brings for DD.

Anything beach or pool related.  I love being at the beach and watching the ocean.  Also really enjoy my dads pool when I am pregnant.  DD was born in August so I spent a lot of days hanging out in the pool because it was the only place I was comfortable.

14 weeks and the size of a beet.  Dwight Schrute would be proud lol 

2. How are you feeling?

I'm actually feeling lot better, just tired. 

Nope, not until next week.

I'm bummed because the provider I wanted to go with is closing his practice in July, so I will need to find a different one. I was so excited about him because he is great in the VBAC community and would have for sure been the one to deliver the baby whether it was a VBAC or Repeat C. :( 

Going to the beach is the best :) 

17w pomegranate!!

2. How are you feeling?

I'm sick of this cold.. today will make two and a half days I've been out but I'm hoping to go into work tomorrow!

Nope..

How long does it take other mommas to get over colds if you've had them recently?? 

Kayaking, floating down the river, hiking, freewheeling (not this summer though), just trying to be outside as much as I can

15 weeks baby is the size of an orange according to the bump but it feels a lot more like a brick!

2. How are you feeling?

Last week I felt great but these last few days have been rough. Cold/allergies and I’ve had out of town family staying at our apartment since Thursday so that may be part of this wretched exhaustion. Headaches have passed (knock on wood) but hello insomnia, I hate you.

Next appointment is May 2. Still so far away!

Rant. I’m tired of being sociable. Also, I got up at 5 this morning like usual to make breakfast and pack my mans lunch and was greeted with the delicious smell of dog shit.  Yes my dog decided it was ok to SHIT IN THE HOUSE! Thank goodness I have a shampooer.

Question. Does anyone else feel self conscious talking to your baby? 

Driving with the windows down and annoying everyone on the road with loud music, hiking in the mountains with my man and my dog, outdoor target practice...honestly pretty much anything as long as it involves sunshine and fresh air! 

• @jynjer91

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who had to clean up dog sht first thing this morning (but also sorry you had to deal with a mess too).  I got up at 11pm because I knew I could smell diarrhea, let the dog out and went looking for it.  Apparently, I was smelling stinky dog farts because the diarrhea happened sometime between when I let him in and when I got up at 4:30 to feed him.  At least I’m getting practice with multiple mid night wake-ups?

Also- I’ve started reading out loud, but I’m not talking to my belly yet, and I makes me super self conscious when my friends do. (Thankfully, they are usually just telling Blast Hi or Bye.)
  • @knottieamusements I had a coworker talk to (and poke) my belly yesterday. WTAF dude. Get away from me. I didn’t think it would bother me but it really did! Maybe because he weirds me out to start with. 
  • A coworker?  Report that.  Seriously.  Nobody at work should ever be touching you without your consent.  (I don’t even appreciate shoulder taps.).

And touching your belly?  That is so personal- he might as well have been grabbing your ass.  
  • @knottieamusements I did gripe to my manager on duty so I’m hoping it helps and I don’t have to go to someone higher up!  I should have said he tried to touch my belly... I swatted his hand away and made sure he knew I was not cool with it. If you ask first I might say yes depending on who you are but not a weirdo like him. Besides, there’s not that much there to feel right now anyway!!
  • @jynjer91 I find that rude honestly! I've already had family come up and start rubbing my belly before I had much of a bump at all.. I'm not looking forward to people touching me when I get bigger either.. I'm gonna make them uncomfortable unless I specifically express it's ok to touch me I think

14 I think. Yes, 14 (I had to go count). I don’t even know how far along I am, so there’s no way I know how big baby is.

2. How are you feeling? 

Cranky

Maybe? Nope, just checked the calendar for that too.. maybe I should have also put forgetful as an answer for 2.

I’ve been pretty ranty on here lately, so nothing at the moment.

5. GTKY: What's your favorite summer or warm weather activity?  Does hiding from the sun count?  I burn pretty easily, which makes outdoor activities hard because I’d love to just hang out at a pool all day. Beaches also sound nice, but I’m a horrible beach person. I like the idea of it, but the actual sitting around doing nothing gets boring fast.  MH laughed at me when I declared one of our honeymoon days a sit on the beach day because we claimed our chairs and a minute later I was bored. We did occasionally check on our chairs as we walked by them all day.

I hated when people touched my belly last time.  Most people respected me and didn’t touch without asking.  I almost broke my mom’s fingers for touching without asking first.  It was very late in my twin pregnancy and my skin had stretched beyond what it should have so it hurt whenever anybody touched me.  It was mostly reflexes that did it but I didn’t even feel bad. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

15 weeks, an orange or a box of crayons!

2. How are you feeling?

Overall I’ve been feeling good but today I have the migraine from hell!  It started at 4:30 this morning and the whole cycle restarted at 12 when I was trying to eat my lunch. My neurologist told me to take a combo of Tylenol and Benadryl but today it’s not doing anything. 

In other news, my bump is starting to pop out! Not wearing full blown maternity clothes yet but it definitely shows!

Nope. Next week is a quick OB check and my anatomy scan is 5/22.

I finally feel like I’ve settled in to pregnancy. It’s not stressing me out, we’ve told just about everyone, and I’m starting to look a little more pregnant. I feel oddly calm about it. At least this week, that is always subject to change for me!

Beach walks or floating on a raft in the pool. Also just sitting outside to each lunch or read books or magazines.

• @jynjer91 I would have been telling him very quickly that is not cool. Do not touch the belly!
  • When I had lunch with the aunts on my dad's side (so the first time I had met this woman) my one aunt rubbed my belly and talked to the baby when she was leaving. I was like 10 weeks at the time. It was so weird. 

On the other hand, I was at my other job last night and one of the girls who plays (who is a friend of mine) was telling a girl who comes on occasion that I was pregnant (the occasional girl had her 3mo old with her). She kinda reached out and touched by belly as she said it. It didn't even phase me because it was so quick and kinda of a "pointing it out" gesture. She apologized a few moments later when she realized what she did. That one didn't bother me because of the context.

I still feel like it's just fat right now, even though baby is higher up. I will occasionally talk to him (like "come on baby boy" or say good morning or that I love him), but it is kinda weird. 
  • I sometimes talk to baby when I'm in the car but most of the time I think to baby like xe can just telepathically understand me lol I know it's crazy but I'm not at fully talking to baby yet I guess..
  • @mamabearcj I’m on day 3 of cold/allergies. I can breathe a little better, but am losing my voice. Woohoo. Hoping it’s over soon for both of us! 
  • @halfanewt I hope you feel better as well!! 

13 weeks.  Lemon?

2. How are you feeling?

I think my bout of nausea is finally gone.  Pretty good otherwise!

None, til 16 weeks in mid-May.

I think I fiinally reached the point where I can't sleep on my belly or my back.  Also, I work at a desk all day and this kid is already not letting me lean forward.  So there's some adjustments.

I'm not talking to baby yet.  I'll hold my belly and pray for him, does that count?  I think if we picked out a name for him that would really help but that seems so far away!

I still haven't told most people at my job.  The fear of miscarriage is real (PGAL).  I'm like I haven't heard the HB in 1 week, what if something happened and I tell people and then I'll have to tell them the bad news.  I'll just wait until I have another visit and/or pickup on doppler.  It's a panic every time I think of telling.  Not cool.

The water is my happy place.  So waterpark, beach, lake, pool - you name it I'm there on weekends and having a blast!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @tropical1982 I keep going back and forth between excited to tell people and then scared to, so I have been slowly telling people when I’m excited about it and put it off when I’m not.  My losses were all really early, so in my head I know I’m probably past the danger time for whatever was going on with those pregnancies, but then I think about how it can happen at any time. 

I can’t wait to feel this baby moving.  I know it will help with all the worries.  I haven’t heard a heartbeat in 2 weeks and not feeling anything makes me wonder if everything is ok in there.
  • @purplegoldfish2my loss was at 16 weeks so I'm not even at that point  yet.  I know it can happen at anytime and the worry carries into infancy,childhood, forever....but the not seeing/feeling is tough at this point.  Hopefully soon it will become constant movement and we can relax a bit more.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers   Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • @tropical1982 - One of my coworkers literally never told us.  She didn’t start to show until about a month before her due date, and we were all like “is she?” But didn’t want to ask. 

We finally decided she was after overhearing some conversations between her and her closest neighbor (our office is an open floor plan, and I am four desks down).  

I was talking to her a few weeks ago about it, and she told me she had only notified her boss and HR as required because she was so freaked out about losing the baby.  I didn’t pry but assume that her daughter is a rainbow baby.  
  • drb2424drb2424 member
    edited April 2018
    jengibre_zorro  hahah I put cinnabon (wishful thinking I guess or sleep deprivation) :D

edit: I cant spell..lol
  • @tropical1982 I’m sorry. That’s so tough. I’d love to say the worry is there, but it lessens after you get past the age when SIDS risk decreases, but my boys were born before I had any losses, and losses change everything, so I have no idea what it will be like this time. You’re not alone with the worrying though  <3