November 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 4/23

Re: Weekly Randoms 4/23

• Options
    @phoenix870509 We haven't done a siggy challenge yet. Feel free to start it up if you'd like! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @runningyogimama I turned down a baby shower with DD in part because I didn't want people rubbing/touching my belly and baby showers always seem to be the prime time for that.  I'm seriously considering getting an "I'm pregnant, not a petting zoo" shirt this time around.  I like being pregnant, I just don't like how other people seem to forget boundaries still exist and people who aren't into being touched still aren't into it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, another one. I had pregnancy insomnia pretty badly the first few weeks after I found out I was pregnant. It went away, and has seemed to come back randomly tonight, in spite of being exhausted. Great....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I hated it when people thought they had a right to touch me at all. The first time I was pregnant I was due around Christmas. This woman at Target who was partially blind was asking me for help finding something. Then she realized I was pregnant and asked about the due date. She grabbed my hands and started praying right there in the middle of Target, that the baby would be born "...on Jesus' birthday."

Meanwhile my husband was oblivious because he was comparing undershirts. It was straight out of a comedy skit and I was definitely uncomfortable with the situation!
  • Options
    @runningyogimama my insomnia has been awful. I hate taking medicine so am trying to avoid Unisom too frequently, but I think it may have to be an every other night thing. Twice this week I've woken up between 3:30 and 4 and could not get back to sleep. It is so frustrating.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @runningyogimama @wannaflickone yes to the insomnia! I go back and forth between sleeping like a log and being up for hours in the MOTN. It’s awful 

• Options
    +1 to the insomnia club. I go to bed exhausted at like 10 and fall asleep like a rock. Then around 3 I wake up to pee and I feel wide awake. Last night it took me 2 hours to finally fall back asleep.  :(
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I feel you ladies on the insomnia I was up from 230-6 and then overslept.  I'm struggling today and still haven't been able to get the words out about being pregnant to my boss. 
  • Options
    @phoenix870509 Thank you so much for your response, it really makes me feel better about wanting to keep this between hubby and me.  We have eight grandsons and zero granddaughters in the family, which is why I think that MIL is really wanting to know (if we are having a girl).  I already feel enough pressure from that!
          Nov. '18 September Siggy Challenge: Falling into Fall

• Options
    @serabjorn definitely a good idea to set boundaries with grandparents. Don’t feel bad! 

• Options
    Same here! Dying reading this thread. I plan on doing a quick turnaround when people make the move to touch my belly. Likeypu
    wouldnt touch it when I’m not pregnant, why now lol
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts we did exactly that with DD.  Everyone thought we were team green but we found out at 20 weeks and kept it a secret.  MH is one of 3 boys, his dad is one of 2 boys, his dad is one of 3 boys, his dad is one of many, all boys.  That paired with MIL saying multiple times that younger BIL was convinced in hopes of a girl and then she decided she'd have to wait to "get my girl" in her grandchildren made us less than thrilled with the prospect of telling her and it was easier to just keep it a secret from everyone at that point.  

@serabjorn if your MIL pushes on getting priority info, I'd definitely have YH have a talk with her about boundaries.  If anything, it'll be a good start to setting boundaries for when the baby gets here.  
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts - I think I told you before when you mentioned MIL and DSD, but you've put up with more from her than I ever would. If my DH wasn't standing up to her we'd have major problems. It sounds like she's gotten away with that behavior her whole life so she keeps doing it. If there were consequences for her behavior maybe it would change? And if she won't change then I wouldn't be seeing her. I am really sorry you have to deal with her. You're not in the wrong at all. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts i’m sorry. all of that is insanely frustrating. what is it about grandkids that causes grandparents to go off the deep end?
  • Options

The woman is selfish, childish, and thinks she knows better than anyone else because she's "the elder of the family".  I swear if she thinks she's going to be with this LO the way she is with DSD and her other grandchildren she is in for a RUDE awakening.  On top of it she'll makes comments ALL the time about how DSD should act like a girl, and how she should dress like a girl, and be more girly etc. DSD is 7.  She likes to play and has a variety of interests, not all of which are dressing up, shopping, and doing her make up *eyeroll*  I've ranted before about how MIL convinced DSD she has an "ugly" smile and DSD refused to smile in at least 1/2 the photos at my mom's wedding because she "doesn't know how to" and MIL proudly went on and on about how she had DSD practice smiling "correctly" in the mirror. 
    What in the actual f&*#?!?  I can't believe what I'm reading. I'm so sorry she's never learned how to act appropriately, and that you have to put up with her to an extent because she's family. You are such a good sport and I give you ALL the credit for putting up with it, especially now being pregnant and hormonal and everything. You deserve... idk like a medal. Or at least a spa day or something. :) 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts your MIL and my mom are the same person. Whacky, controlling, mentally unstable, and incapable of understanding that they are the only ones responsible for their own happiness. The struggle is real, setting boundaries is your friend.

@serabjorn set your boundaries and don't let anyone push you. If she starts in with trying to get you to tell her the sex early, remind her that people stressing you out could impact you and the baby. 

I really don't understand why some folks feel like they have more of a right to anyone or anything when they're grandparents. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know she's beyond bonkers but sometimes I don't know if it's me just being overly... Sensitive(?) or what. Thankfully MH does stand up to her a lot and we'll go lengths in time not seeing her before she'll adjust her behavior/apologize (at least temporarily). It's just a frustrating situation. I need to make sure I maintain not being around her alone and have been distancing myself as much as I can especially while pregnant :lol: She DOES have some good qualities such as she's very generous and she'd do anything MH and DSD but like ugh...  

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts yikes.... so moving isn’t an option then? (Jk) I’m glad you and DH are going to stand up for yourselves and set boundaries, it doesn’t sound like she’s the kind of person who will hear you and respect them though... hopefully she doesn’t start showing up unannounced or some nightmare. I don’t even know what to tell you on that, it makes me anxious just thinking about having someone like that in my life. 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I'm  so sorry you have that stress.  I would set huge boundaries and you'll  probably have to encourage DH to unpack before he'll be able to do that.  I mean she raised him, right?

It's one thing to put up with someone who is selfish but telling your own granddaughter any part of her is ugly, wtf? I wouldn't be able to deal and would cut it off.  
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @bqtmom25 agreed! The worst part is that she doesn't see the problem with it. When H spoke to her and said that is NOT okay and will never happen again she responded "oh SD knows I'm just teasing her, it doesn't bother her we laugh about it". Uhm... No. First of all it does bother her, but she's 7 and isn't going to stand up for herself like that especially to her grandmother. And maybe she laughed but heck I laugh at uncomfortable moments too when I don't know how to deal with a situatuon. You don't "tease" like that. MIL herself often talks about how as a child her brother nicknamed her tubby and how her family always said she was fat and clearly it has affected MILs self image, but she can't see the correlation or how this can/does affect DSD. 
    Thankfully H is a lot like FIL and I swear there is truth behind nature vs nurture. He was adopted and is quite different personality wise and temperament from his parents. But yeah, boundaries have been a BIG decision as of late. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Anyone else notice that time has practically stopped? Up into this week I felt like it was zooming, I think because I was nervous about my weekly appointments and ultrasounds. Now that I am more confident is just seems it is going so slow! I just want it to be Monday so I can see our little tater tot again!
  • Options
    @runningyogimama @offtoneverland wow that’s amazing! I’m so jealous! I didn’t feel DD until like 17-18w. I’m hoping this one will be sooner but trying not to get my hopes up 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 I felt dd around 16-17 weeks I think. I read that STMs can sometimes feel movement sooner, so hopefully you'll feel it soon too! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @PMForbie Yay!! Happy last day!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @bqtmom25 agreed! The worst part is that she doesn't see the problem with it. When H spoke to her and said that is NOT okay and will never happen again she responded "oh SD knows I'm just teasing her, it doesn't bother her we laugh about it". 
    NO that stuff sticks with you FOREVER! I think my first ever memory at like 3 years old was my grandmother and her friend talking about my belly. And I knew what they were saying and I sucked it in and they cracked up, thought it was hilarious (which it prob was) but there we go.....self conscious about my looks and weight for the rest of my life.