edited April 2018 in November 2018 Moms

ETA Dates

This is for those of us with a due date of:

11/2
11/9
11/16
11/23
11/30

1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY: Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

Me: 34  DH: 34
Married 10/28/17
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1 February '18
Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
BFP June '21
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
Jan '22 - started IF testing
BFP Jan '22
MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
BFP May '22

Re: Friday Ticker Change 4/20

• 1. How many weeks are you? What size is baby12 weeks today! The end of the first tri is in sight! Baby is a plum or clementine! 

2. How are you feeling? Better. Not as tired and not as moody. I hope this trend continues. I do still get some sickness at night but hopefully that will be next to go!

3. Any appointments this week? I have my NT scan this afternoon and I can't freaking wait! I can't wait to see Baby looking more like a baby! 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Mini rant, but no one can come to my appt with me and I'm a little sad about it. DH is trying to save him time so he has more when the baby comes, and he will obviously come to the important appts, such as the anatomy scan, but I am a little sad I'll be alone today and hear the heartbeat for the second time without DH. I am hoping they will let me record it for him to hear. 

5. GTKY: Do you have any tattoos or piercings? I have my ears and belly button pierced. I had my nose done twice and I miss it, but will most likely not do it again. I have two tattoos, on my right outer thigh I have a shamrock with the "Boston" B in it, and on my left foot I have "Family" written in my Nana's handwriting. My cousin has a matching family tattoo. 

Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited April 2018

10 weeks.  Baby is the size of a strawberry / kumquat / Ferrero Rocher.

2. How are you feeling?

Good, actually!  Very hungry all the time and tired, but surprisingly good otherwise.

Next week on Thursday.  First OB appointment!

None right now.

Yes! :smiley:

I have two tattoos - a small one on my lower back and an almost half sleeve on my left arm (I say almost because it doesn't cover the entire inside of my arm and there's some uncovered space at the very top of my arm and right above my elbow).

The lower back one is a kanji tattoo that means "dream".  I hate it (cultural appropriation, trendiness, placement) and regret it, but I was young, dumb and really wanted a tattoo and my mom insisted that it be small and able to be covered with normal clothes.  It's a part of me and my history, though, so I live with it. :expressionless:

The "sleeve" is in honor of my kids and is also a personal reminder of how far I came and how much my life changed for the better in just over a year's time.  

It has a red fox (the twins' nursery is fox themed), a northern water snake (personal meaning that I don't discuss) and three poppies (for my kids; my twins were born in August and their birth flower is a poppy and I also ** TW ** lost my first baby in August).

I plan on getting another tattoo or adding onto my sleeve for the new baby.  I'm thinking a baby rabbit and a chrysanthemum (assuming baby is born in November as expected).

Piercings...I have several and a lot more that were "retired" (mainly ones that have been re-pierced for various reasons, some multiple times, but I also had a few others that were removed because they never healed right due to location/anatomy issues).  I have (TMI, maybe)... 

* Both ears pierced and stretched to 4g

* An 8g second lobe piercing in my left ear (I had a matching one in the other ear, but I took it out because I wasn't happy with the placement) 

* Nipples

* Navel

* Septum

* Both nostrils

* VCH (clitoral hood)

(The retired and never redone piercings were a triangle, which is a genital piercing that goes horizontally behind the clitoris, and both conches.)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Loading the player...
  • @MojieJo I love the sound of your sleeve! I love all the tattoos and their meanings! 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 Thank you!  I love my sleeve.  It's so meaningful to me. :heart:

• @MojieJo I completely get that. My "family" tattoo is the same for me. We got it after my Nana passed and I was so happy the artist was able to copy her handwriting from an old book we found. I was so close to my Nana, and I am actually named after her so it means a lot to me. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

8 weeks ! A raspberry I think. 

2. How are you feeling?

Good. I’ve had very mild symptoms to the point where it makes me nervous.

Nope. Not until May. I’ve only had one appointment and we got to see the heartbeat. I was 6W4D

Why does the first trimester seem like an eternity? I think it feels extra long because my due date is at the end of the month and most people on this board are ahead of me. 

No tattoos. I had a few piercings as a teen. Belly button and tongue, but those are long gone. Just ears now. 

• bqtmom25bqtmom25 member
    edited April 2018

9 week.  Cherry.

2. How are you feeling?

so so.  I had horrible gas pain last night but better today.  Little nausea, little fatigue, littlerap, <ET fix:  supposed to say RLP not rap but it was funny so I left it)but really not bad.

nope,  not until may. 

Just ear piercings super boring.

• @BabyBoyH92016 I am thinking this pregnancy will be the end of my belly ring and that makes me sort of sad because it was my first piercing besides my ears and I've had it since I was 16. I hope the time flies until your next appt!

@bqtmom25 Dying at littlerap. I'm glad you kept it there!
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @tessiesmom26 You can always take the jewelery out and just run it through once a day to keep the hole open.  That's what I'm doing this time.

Last time I left my jewelry in too long and really made my piercing angry, even after switching to a flexible pregnancy barbell.  It ended up red, cracked and nasty (right before I took it out, it was peeling and bleeding every time the skin came off) then the skin was purple and hyper-pigmented for months afterwards.  Plus it thinned out the skin (like what happens when piercings reject, but not as bad).  During the last couple of months, I just ran the jewelery through every day or two and it stayed open.

This time, I too mine out about a week ago and have been oiling the barbell and just sliding it in and back out.  It gets a little tight, but goes through with oil with no problem.

I've considered letting it close and getting it redone, but my bellybutton never went back to normal after my last pregnancy (from an innie to a weird hybrid of innie and outie) and I'm not whether it would be feasible to have it redone correctly.