October 2018 Moms

Questions 4/20

13»

Re: Questions 4/20

• Underwear works fine as long as it has a lace waistband typically. I sized up last time when VS had one of those but 7 for $35 for whatever and they've been good. Also got some soma lace thongs in my regular size that will work fine too. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • We bought a bed in a box online for under 500, it was horrible, all kinds of back pain. We returned it and bought a Sealy at a mattress store for 1700, best purchase ever. Don't go cheap on mattresses!
  • Loading the player...
  • I might have to keep an eye out for the next VS sale on undies. I wore a pair of boy shorts today because I'm in a dress and they're sooo uncomfortable. 
  • lest12lest12 member
    edited April 2018
    @sammierose464 I didn't buy maternity underwear last time and was still fine with wearing thongs. Until the glamorous hemorrhoids made their appearance, that is.  :s

Same.

ETA:  The glamour that is child-bearing. 

image        image

• I bought some that are more of a bikini style (from Amazon- no clue about brand).  Most of my pre-pregnancy underwear is brief or hi-cut style, which doesn’t work with the side panel jeans I bought.  So far, no complaints on the underwear.  
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited April 2018
    FTM here. I bought my regular size cotton undies from Amazon basics because I liked more coverage for pantiliners when I was using the progesterone suppositories, since those seemed to just melt right out of me. TBD whether I'll get a bigger size, they do seem a little snug now and are giving me major VPL. Stacy and Clinton would not be impressed.
  • I wear my regular bikinis. I bought some giant granny panties when I was pregnant with Z that were supposed to be postpartum panties. Extra high in case I had a c section. I put them away after I was all healed up and not using pads anymore. Swore I'd never touch them again. Now that I'm pregnant and crazy uncomfortable again, some days they're just too comfy to resist....

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I bought undies at motherhood maternity during my last pregnancy and I freaking love them. I actually still wear them because they are just essentially low cut bikini briefs. 
  • I just bought some maternity panties from Amazon. I bought below the bump bikinis by Intimate Portal. They're still plenty big yet, which will be good for later and postpartum. I wanted to try some because I have C-sections and it really hurts to have the band ride on my incision. High waisted ones didn't work cuz they just rolled up and ended up on the incision anyway (thanks pregnancy flab).  These ride below that so I'm thinking they're going to be my favorites PP! 
    I'm also a bikini and hipster wearing person... Can't stand thongs!
    DS 6/6/10
    DD 3/15/12
    DD 6/3/14
    #4 Due 10/26/18!
  • Is it normal for baby's HR to change a decent amount? 

During my US at 10.5 weeks HR was about 154. Today at the dr's office he said it was about 134 on the doppler. 
  • @sammierose464 not a doc, but my u/s tech told me never to read much into HR as long as it's anywhere in the range, simply bc it fluctuates SO much. Within the day, within the hour, within the week...it can just be all over.
  • Thanks, he did tell me the volume of it when we were listening didn't mean anything, as long as it was there. I'm not concerned, just something I noted. I hadn't eaten in a few hours, so maybe baby was just relaxing. lol
  • Hi!

I've been a little MIA but was hoping to get some opinions - maybe this is better suited for the randoms thread.

Would you go cabin-camping late August?  I'll be 31.5 weeks.  The cabin has some uncomfortable beds that I will share with either my 4 or 2 year old.  The bathrooms are about a 3-minute walk from where our cabin is... the lake is a bit of a walk as well.

I love this annual trip that we make and unfortunately I can't get any earlier availability.  I hate for us to miss out.  I feel like I'm going to be miserable but maybe it won't be that bad?

WWYD?

image        image

• We are going tent camping the first week of July and I'm a little nervous for that. I don't know that I would want to go that late, mainly for comfort sake. If you do, take pillows and things that will help you be comfortable.
  • @sammierose464 yes, that’s normal from what I know. My dr said that in the beginning, the hr is much faster, and as the pregnancy progresses, it decreases and stabilizes a bit. 
  • @lest12 I would probably go and just know that I'm going to be miserable but the kids will enjoy it. My back pain was so bad at 31 weeks when I was pregnant with DS2. How did you feel at 31 weeks in your other pregnancies?
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @lest12 I am meh about camping to begin with and we skipped our Labor Day trip last year (I can’t remember why) & I plan to use the pregnancy to skip it again this year.  That said, if it’s something you enjoy doing, go for it!  We bring an air mattress to put on top of the uncomfortable beds in the cabins we get & that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @lest12 no prior experience but I'm going tent camping in July and just ordered an extra foam inflatable pad. Feeling like I may be uncomfortable, but willing to put up with it for a night or two because I love camping too much to go a summer without it.
  • I'd bring stuff to make sleeping comfortable, a foam pad, pillows, blankets to lay on, etc. As for the bathroom situation tenting or walking from a cabin I'd invest in a toilet seat for a bucket! (We have one and a mini tent for when we go ice fishing since my mom and I don't get to just walk behind the bobhouse.) Theyre convienent for middle of the night pee trips and can be emptied in the morning. Through a garbage bag in there before you go and you wont have to worry about cleaning the bucket frequently, it'll be like taking out the trash! 
  • @mamabearcj - that isn't a bad idea!  I have a portable potty thing for my son, maybe I could fashion that into something lol

@britvahok - I think I was just uncomfortable but not too too bad?  I might just make a go of it because like you said, the kids will love it.  I do too, really. 

image        image

•  <3<3   always looking out for you ladies how ever I can!! @knottieamusements my parents want to do a bathroom remodel as well, we have one bathroom and 5 sometimes 6 of us living there... if they do it I'm 100% getting a pre bucket for the basement since DH and I sleep down there lol
  • I decided to look up the place that I wanted to go camping at this summer. Apparently they are redoing the bath house and will only have vault toilets in July. Nope! Now I'm looking for a new place.
  • @lest12 we are doing a long camping weekend (3 nights) the last weekend in August with our kids for their cub scout pack's "big summer adventure" (DS2 and DD are both in the pack). I did already secure a cot with an air mattress because we are tent camping, and i am hoping it is not crazy hot, which could go either way where we are.
    not sure if that means it is a good idea or just that someone else is crazy enough to consider it too, but there you have it. ;)
  • All this talk of camping makes me want to go so bad. I haven't been since I was a kid!