September 2018 Moms

Monday Moans 4/16 / Just come here during the week to complain as needed

2»

Re: Monday Moans 4/16 / Just come here during the week to complain as needed

• stothi said:
    @magnolia209 that's actually a moan of mine too! I have a dang anterior placenta this time and don't feel a thing from baby :'( I'm only 16 weeks so I'm at the end of the month with you @klj0228 but as a second time mom I was so excited to hopefully get to feel the movements earlier this time. 
    I'm 20.5 weeks and not feeling much. I figured I'd feel it earlier as a stm but that anterior placenta really got me this time.
  • @yosemite2018 I'm anxiously awaiting my anatomy scan so I can watch buddy move, since I can't feel him. I know he moves! I've seen him kick and wave and bump around on ultrasounds at 9 weeks and 12 weeks but haven't seen or felt anything for 4 weeks now. I got to hear his heartbeat 2 weeks ago but I miss him (for lack of a better way of saying it) and really want to check in. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @yosemite2018 @stothi I can’t wait until we all can feel our little ones! Thanks for letting me know it’s not just me and @klj0228 or due to being a FTM. And another question is how/when will I find out what position my placenta is in? Maybe at the AS? 
  • @magnolia209 I found out at my NT scan around 12.5 weeks. They'd definitely be able to tell you at your anatomy scan.

@DanyTargaryen oh, no! I'm sorry, that's awful. Phlegm pukes are kinda my life right now. Usually I'm lucky(?) enough that I just gag and dry heave furiously and rarely actually bring up stomach contents.
  • @magnolia209 my dr doesn’t do NT scans so I’m not sure about my placenta placement either. I think I’ll try to remember to ask at my a/s in a couple weeks. 
  • ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited April 2018
    The upstairs of my office (where I work) only has one bathroom. One. And I can’t complain because soon it will be me - but there’s a woman here who just had a baby like 8-10 weeks ago and is in there for twenty minutes at a time, I think she’s pumping or icing or she could be doing anything and I 100% can’t judge because she JUST had a baby. But I don’t want to walk down two flights of stairs, and go outside and around the building, every ten minutes when I have to pee. Hopefully when I’m in her shoes, some cranky pregnant bitch doesn’t complain about me on the internet lol. 
  • @ashh2018 oh- that sounds annoying. But also - be careful - workplace pregnancy karma really scares me! In September, I got a promotion. I was working in a cube before and the promotion should have come with a very spacious office. But I was informed that I would not be moving into the office and "my office" would instead become the lactation room for a co-worker who was just coming back from Maternity leave. I work for a big disfunctional organization. And, our lazy HR made this decision. I told the financial analysit for my department and he got so pissed! He said that my unit pays for that space. HR has no right to take it for any reason. I ended up very diplomatically manipulating everything so that I got my office, but it meant displacing my pumping co-worker. I knew we were going to start trying very soon, so I tried to be as considerate and nice about it as possible (becasue Karma! And, human decency!). But, I got my office! It was such a blessing. I don't think I could have survived the first trimester if I hadn't been able to shut my door and curl up into a Morning Sickness mess ball several times per day! Karma is still coming for me though: my whole office is moving and no one will have offices!!! It's a stupid open floor plan. We are moving to a temporary location in July and then to the permament open plan location in September. So, 3rd trimester I will have no privacy! Also, no private office to pump in when I come back to work. But, for now, I LOVE my office! And the pumping co-worker has been so awesome and supportive and has been giving me tons of baby stuff! 
  • @magnolia209 oh man, that’s so inconvenient and annoying! Yeah I’m definitely wary of karma. I’ve only complained here, and just the once haha. I ended up having to take the long walk downstairs where a ton more people work, and got accosted in the ladies room while washing my hands. This lady I only vaguely know gasped and grabbed me and said “a baby!!! Congratulations!!!” So yeah, you could say I’m visibly pregnant now lol. 
  • @ashh2018 oh no! I would be so mad!!!!! I don't even like friends touching my belly. Our department very recently did a generic sexual harassment training where it specifically said you can't make any comments about pregnancy to pregnant people. Lol so maybe it's because of the training or maybe because it's #2 no one cares but so far everyone had left me alone and it's awesome to just feel normal
  • @ashh2018 That lady sounds awful! You definitely want to be able to pee in peace! Have you tried talking to the new mom? Maybe - if she is pumping, she can tell you her schedule so you can make sure to pee right before she goes in? She will probably really understand your frequent peeing needs - having just been through that. 
  • Of all the hundreds (seemingly) of boxes... of course the one I can’t find is my non-work maternity clothes. :unamused:
  • @Asunshinek eww, rude! 

@spottedginger that’s a sign. No clothes? Put on a bathrobe and chill! 
  • nlc8424 said:
    *whispering in case this is a fluke* I have my September 2018 Moms button back, AND no ads. What?!
    My ads are gone too!
  • nackie said:
    nlc8424 said:
    *whispering in case this is a fluke* I have my September 2018 Moms button back, AND no ads. What?!
    My ads are gone too!
    Me too, but trying not to rejoice too much in case it’s a fluke. I’m thinking they may have gotten the message though. 
  • klj0228 said:
    nackie said:
    nlc8424 said:
    My ads are gone too!
    Me too, but trying not to rejoice too much in case it’s a fluke. I’m thinking they may have gotten the message though. 
    Omg,omg,omg, please please please let this be a thing!!!!
  • ^ I really hope so!!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• ****me too****  B)

• @EErin86 so along those same lines... when I was in middle school, my dad got really sick and my mom totally told him to suck it up and go to work. He ended up in the hospital with acute kidney failure and short term dialysis! Obviously an extreme example, but man did my mom feel bad!

Also, I'm usually the one to encourage H to go to the doctors/urgent care if he's sick since I can't deal with his whininess and want him to be back to 100% asap and not contagious so I don't pick anything up. Totally about me and not him. Oops.
  • Saturday moan? It's my ONE DAY to sleep in (til 7ish, but still) and not have to get up early, shower, or pack DS up, etc. and DS decides to cry hysterically at 5:40 with both of his fists in his mouth. I'm suspecting teeth, and DH and I have been up for the day since then taking turns soothing him and giving tylenol. He usually sleeps til 7:30-8, and just fell back asleep at 6:45. So, I'll likely have to forcibly wake him up at 8 to keep him on his usual schedule. I do feel bad for him. He's set to start getting the really painful teeth now.

Family afternoon nap is heading my way!
  • @Wishilivedinflorida good morning, I'm also awake way earlier than I need to be. I got home just before 1am from a painting party at my sister's and was going to sleep in because I left DD there for the night. Unfortunately I must not have drank enough water last night because the leg cramps chased me out of bed  :(

I hope your son feels better soon and his day doesn't get totally thrown off!
  • Oh no @EErin86....that's way worse! I at least was asleep at a reasonable hour last night. And he should be fine as long as we don't let him sleep later than his usual wakeup time. I'm going to keep pumping the ibuprofen/tylenol without shame.
  • @Wishilivedinflorida I'm currently chugging Gatorade like a champ and enjoying the quiet house while DH and the dogs are in the bedroom. I'm throwing my friend a baby shower today so I guess it's good I'm up early because I have a long to do list. Did I mention it's quiet??????  <3
  • My kiddo also decided that Saturday isn't for sleeping in and that he should wake up early.