September 2018 Moms

Randoms | week of April 16th

Re: Randoms | week of April 16th

• @EErin86 - I've actually re-assigned this job away from her because of repeated mistakes, but she knows how to do it (in theory, lol!) and was filling in for the regular person who was out that day. I only saw it today (and she's *very* part-time and wasn't there). One of the tough parts of working at a small business where the employees become very close is that sometimes people stay past their prime... And I'm pretty conflict-avoidant, which I'm trying to work on! ;)
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @treeofcheem oh even outside of small business people stay past their prime. I have a co-worker that just randomly naps at his desk, then will answer the phone and tell people things are crazy busy so he will help them when he can. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @klj0228 That's optimistic! I hope so. Mostly I just love that gif!

• @klj0228 fingers crossed that's their plan! I also love that gif :) 
  • SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited April 2018
    Y'all, Are we sure it's only Tuesday? Because it feels a lot later in the week than that. I have a good friend's bachelorette this weekend. It will hopefully be fun (but is insanely disorganized so who knows). However the kicker is that we just found out there's a bridal shower with her family on Sunday. She's only registered for a honeymoon fund so I'm at a loss of what we're doing at the shower. I ended up getting her a cookbook since she mentioned being in a cooking rut and will get a gift card to some generic store I guess? What would y'all do? I feel weird giving cash at a shower. I'll give to the fund before the wedding though. 
  • @SkilledSailor I refuse to give to cash funds and would get a traditional gift or not. Call me old and stodgy, but I am not sending you on vacay or giving towards a down payment. Asking and registering for those seems in poor taste. 
  • @SkilledSailor I refuse to give to cash funds and would get a traditional gift or not. Call me old and stodgy, but I am not sending you on vacay or giving towards a down payment. Asking and registering for those seems in poor taste. 
    Also most of those vacation fund websites take a percentage, so if I’m just doing money, I’d much rather just give actual cash that can be used for whatever 

• @SkilledSailor I've been trained that you bring gifts to showers and can give cash at the wedding (why the double gifting I'm not sure, but I gifted my cousin a sushi dinner for his honeymoon through a registry)

The cookbook is a good idea, you could pair it with a nice pan or baking sheet, something to go with a cool bookmarked recipe
  • Uggg!!! The ads!!!  They just started for me tonight! Booo. 
  • Thanks everyone! I was feeling crazy about feeling this need to bring a gift instead of cash. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about showers. 
  • Every time I try to click the X to close an ad, I miss and end up opening it. Ugh!  I’m probably just encouraging them at this point :(
  • iba34iba34 member
    @treeofcheem I don't use self-tanner myself, but I know my mom (who is paler than I am) likes that Jergens stuff that is basically lotion with a little bit of self-tanner that builds up gradually (I think this is what @EErin86 is talking about).
  • @danytargaryen Exactly. I'm thinking it's probably more of a cookout since she lives out of state but her family lives here. She likely just wants everyone together for a bit. But the title "shower" is engrained in me to mean gifts. 
  • @SkilledSailor - Ah so a name change is all that was needed!! They probably just didn't know what else to call it. But agreed shower = gifts to me.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • nackie said:
    Every time I try to click the X to close an ad, I miss and end up opening it. Ugh!  I’m probably just encouraging them at this point :(
    I've been experimenting like it's my job on just how to click, what angle, how much pressure, what duration, to get the damn ads to close without accidentally opening the freaking fracking things! Grrrrrr...
  • So just found out that my director and my VP were let go last night. Of course they won’t tell us much, but it is a huge impact on me and many of our clients. Trying not to stress too much, but I was planning on telling my clients about my pregnancy soon, but I’m afraid coupled with this news it might make them very stressed. Many are coming up on contract renewal and I would hate to cause them more pain or reason to not renew.
  • @klj0228 ah how stressful! I hope you get some updates soon so you figure out how to navigate telling your clients. 
  • Also, I'm so far underwater again at work. Ahhh. One step forward, two steps back. I wish I wasn't so ambitious and that I had better defined dates for things to be completed. Don't mind me, I'll just be over here deep breathing trying to figure out how to get all of this stuff done.
  • DS just dipped his cheese stick in his ketchup. I think I’m going to be sick.  
  • @stothi, sure it’s got protein and dairy. Sounds healthy to me :). Although I was referring to dipping his string cheese in ketchup, not a fried mozzarella stick, which actually sounds really good...
  • @klj0228 I'm counting on getting some serious project work done the first couple weeks of May, so I should be in a better spot soon! But basically everything is hurry up and wait, so there are many tasks where it would be really beneficial for me to act and make progress as soon as possible instead of waiting, since there will inevitably be more waiting later on down the road. Thanks for the kind words.