November 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms ( w/o April 15 )

How are you feeling? Tell us the good, the bad, the ugly, and anywhere in between. 

Any cravings yet? Any aversions? 

Re: Symptoms ( w/o April 15 )

• Options
    @booksandcoffee I 2nd the pure exhaustion!

I am close to 10W and the nausea has been lessened the past couple days. I have been taking 200mg of B6 a day and 50mg of Unisom at bedtime for a couple weeks but the nausea would still come through, just not dibilitating like it was. I decided to take 25mg of Unisom last night and this morning went fairly well. I am hoping its lessening so I can stop at least the Unisom. I am doing the same though, glad its better but then a bit of worry sets in. 
    Having some intermittent left side pain but after my U/S last week the tech said the bean was on the left just snuggled there so I may experience more on that side.
     No major aversions, just a few things that never sound good. The smell of peanut butter and thought of eating it sounds gross. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blue2mango I’m glad you’re getting some relief! 

@lurvleybunchococonuts yay! I’m so glad
  • Options
    @merlivingston519 I am almost 11 Weeks and have been feeling longer stretches of normal. With my second, I was so so sick well into second trimester so this is definitely new. 
  • Options
    Constant mother f*cking nausea. I’m at my wits end. I’m extremely fortunate not to have actually vomited yet but I constantly feel like I need to. Just with zero relief. That + food aversions...I’m constantly hungry but when I try to think of what to eat every single thing that occurs to me makes me want to vomit. So I don’t eat, which makes the nausea worse. 

Those of you who mentioned taking B6– are you just picking up supplements from a store or did you have to get it through your OB?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @MouseMama817 my OB suggested B6 as well, she said just buy the OTC vitamins. I haven’t tried them yet though. 

Also.... I feel exactly the same way as you. To a T.  
    It freaking sucks. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pinkpolkadotkt @MouseMama817 I just picked up B6 supplements from the store. I strongly suggest trying them! Eat a little something and then take one. I have had all day nausea that would not abate, I dunno if it's placebo or what but give it a shot. Suuuper helpful for me so far. Not a complete cure but way helpful.

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    So much nausea and fatigue. It's a cycle.. Sleep, wake up, nausea, eat, feel good for 10 minutes, nausea, REPEAT. We haven't announced yet so I've been hiding at home praying no one comes over and sees the state of disarray my house and I are in lol. 
    My Naturopath recommended B6 as well. I just picked some up yesterday so hoping for some relief soon. 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts ima pretend that tag didn’t happen :lol::lol:
  • Options
    I have had a headache everyday pretty much since getting my bfp. Anyone else? All my other symptoms I would consider mild to moderate but the headaches are killing me. What do you guys do to get rid of headaches while pregnant?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @pink_polkadots lmao oh geez... I do good tag work :lol:

@vrj0522 ugh thankfully i have not had that ailment yet. Good luck! Tea? Warm compress?

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    Still CONSTANT horribl exhaustion. And heartburn has officially started this weekend, ugh. I had a couple random days of it a week or two ago, but it seems to be here to stay, and Zantac only helped a little. I had horrible heartburn my last pregnancy, too (I remember eating an Italian ice in labor and delivery, and I couldn’t get it all down because my heartburn was so bad). Also, low back pain and pain in my tailbone. I have a lot of complaints this time around, haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    lifesabeach85lifesabeach85 member
    edited April 2018
    @vrj0522 caffeine can sometimes help with headaches, if you’re comfortable with it, warm baths, acupuncture (ask doc or midwife for a recommendation), yoga, even switching up your sleeping position. I know you have a big family too so maybe a babysitter  ;) 

• Options
    @vrj0522 I've been getting daily headaches too. Drinking more water usually helps, but of course that's difficult with nausea. My midwife said tylenol is okay. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    11 weeks and been having some intermittent days when I feel somewhat human. I’ve been taking diclegis. Due to having MTHFR I already take extra B6 which does nothing to help the nausea. It’s like having a bad hangover 24/7. And pure exhaustion from chasing after my 16 month old and feeling like poo all the time. Ready for that 2nd trimester energy....
  • Options
    My nausea seems to stay at bay as long as I eat a lot. Scared of the weight gain. I’ve been sleeping like total crap though. I’m taking a unisom tonight because I’m exhausted. I’m on day 2 of 7 of DH being gone for work and it was a challenge with the kids today. I’m looking forward to being back to our schedule tomorrow and having a bit of a break at my office. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    edited April 2018
    @vrj0522 have you tried getting adjusted? Also there is a small window of time you can take Excedrin. I had a pounding throbbing headache for a week with my last kid. Got adjusted and the chiropractor couldn't get it all the way unlocked. I talked to my OB and she told me that I could take Excedrin for 48 hours at the most and that kicked my headache in 2 doses.

( also, my dad is a chiropractor so I'm totally biased about how amazing they are. Unfortunately he lives in a different state which sucks)
  • Options
    My OB told me to get drug store b6 too.  The way she explained it, Diclegis, the FDA approved morning sickness drug (diclectin in Canada I believe, my last BMB had a lot of Canadians) is doxylamine aka unisom and B6 but insurance likes to be a douche and not cover it so it's cheaper to just get the individual components and make your own for most people.  B6 works well enough for me and I'd rather not be groggier than I already am by adding in unisom if it isn't necessary.
  • Options
    @goldie987 yup that’s exactly what my OB said too!
  • Options
    I've been on different meds the past few weels, wrestling with the morning sickness, then it went away for a few days this week. I wasn't sure if it was the meds or if it was something to worry about, so I took fewer meds, only to have it hit hard again. I'm ready to be done with this.

Dizziness and headaches have hit hard this week. And I've had horrible back pain! It really worries me having it so early. I've had two back surgeries and have fused vertebrae in my lower back. I was terrified my 1st pregnancy about how it would handle it, but I did fine with a support band. It feels too early to use a support band; I'm hardly showing or gaining weight due to throwing up so much. Gotta stock up on Tylenol I guess.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts @lifesabeach85 @meiosis @cm716 - thank you! You've all given me great ideas! I do need to drink more water, and caffeine. And it wouldn't hurt to be adjusted. I've never done warm compresses but great idea to try! Also, I am lucky that DH is set on us having weekly dates so I do get a nice break every Friday night but it wouldn't hurt to get a babysitter occasionally during the week too when I can just rest or take a nap. 
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    @vrj0522 dehydration has been a big thing causing my headaches this time around. One of my go tos last pregnancy for headache relief was Tylenol with a can of coke for the caffeine. Tylenol on its own didn't help, but caffeine helps your body absorb the medicine and Coke has a small enough amount I'm okay with. 

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @vrj0522 I must stay hydrated or my headaches are bad. I have not been able to drink water (makes me nauseous) but I can gatorade. So much sugar and crap but if it keeps headaches away its okay for a bit. I also buy Hydro coco off Amazon. Its a powdered coconut water. I am not a coconut water fan so I just mix a couple tablespoons with OJ and down it. I did that with my last pregnancy and helped so much. If I can't get it to go away I do take Tylenol.

@MouseMama817 Yup just B6 OTC. Mine are 100mg tabs so I take one in the morning and one at night. (My midwife said 200mg a day is fine.) It took a couple days to really help but has it ever! 

@goldie987 I am hoping to wean off the Unisom. I feel like it is making my exhaustion worse during the day, I don't blame you. I tried just b6 at first and I was still struggling. I took half the Unisom I have been last night & it was fine today so I am doing the same tonight. 

• Options
    Holy achy period pains!  My uterus and lower back ache non stop.  I haven't seen this on a website as a common issue- or on any of the "what to expect" apps. Anyone else experiencing these pains this early in the pregnancy? I'm 7.5 weeks and pregnant with twins.  My OB gave me Dydrogesterone to help with the pain, but I swear it doesnt touch it.  Other than that I have awful insomnia and nausea.  

I dont really have any food aversions- so thats good!  I am lucky to have an amazing wife who waits on me hand and foot.  She was also a chief, so cooks me anything I want whenever I want (that we can get- we are living on a remote island in the Philippines - so we can't get most "American" food items). Last night I would have paid $200 for a bag of twizzlers! 
  • Options
    @preggersabroad I imagine it'd be pretty normal to have cramping like that when you're carrying twins. Your uterus is growing double the size of the rest of ours! I hope you get some relief soon. How interesting that you guys live on a remote island in the Philippines! Too bad you can't get any twizzlers though. :) 

For those with headaches, just echoing the other comments about caffeine. I haven't tried it myself, but my midwife recommended it. 

Also, big hugs to those of you feeling so sick! It's weird that some of us don't get any sickness at all, while others get it so severe. I hope you all start feeling better soon as we move into the second tri in the coming weeks. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    I had lightening crotch yesterday. Isn't it to early for that shiz? I didn't get it with ds until third tri. Now, 10 weeks and here it is. I'm not a fan. 
  • Options
    MS is so hard since it lasts all day. I'm blessed to keep some food down which I'm thankful for but I know I'm real dehydrated... Also, the constipation is unreal, anyone doing anything for this. I cant keep fruits/veggies down at this point and dehydration I'm sure is adding to all of it but I'm not sure what to do. My OB recommended metamucil but my understanding is water is the biggest factor here... sigh. Hoping for some relief soon ha.
  • Options
    @wildrainbow I’ve also had lighting crotch with this pregnancy, and also the the first trimester of my last pregnancy. It does seem really early, but I guess it does happen. I remember asking my OB about with my last pregnancy and she wasn’t concerned. 
  • Options
    Anyone have weird muscle tension in your pelvic area? It hits me every few days and it just feels like I need to stretch that area really bad, but I'm nervous I'll mess something up if I do.

Oh and @wildrainbow... please excuse my ignorance but what in the world is lightening crotch?? :) 
  • Options
    Does anyone have the weird metallic taste in their mouth. I think most of my nausea stems from this god awful taste. I’m wondering if taking B6 would help with that taste or not.  
  • Options
    @ginny_203 it's kinda hard to describe. For me, it's kinda like a sharp pain in my vagina. Hence the lightening crotch, it last for only a few seconds, but it's noticeable. Maybe someone else can describe it better?
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I found that lemon water helps withthe metallic taste. It doesn't get rid of it, but it does help.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry that everyone is feeling crappy  especially because I have 0 symptoms. I feel better than I have during any of my other pregnancies. Of course it freaks me out so I busted out my trusty Doppler and was able to find baby's hb. This is the first I've heard it, only saw it on the u/s. Amazing sound 
  • Options
    I'm 9w2d, and my app is saying that this should be the peak of pregnancy symptoms--but I feel mostly normal.  I have a lot of shortness of breath, and I get tired pretty easily, and I have to pee a lot, but very minimal nausea.  So of course I'm convinced something is wrong because I'm not feeling badly enough!
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

• Options
    I’m 10+1 and nausea seems to be getting worse not better. Also having rlp, which sucks. The exhaustion seems to be improving a bit though!
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited April 2018
    @wildrainbow - so much lightning crotch already! Ouch!
    Married 8/27/2011

• Options
    cm716cm716 member
    @pink_polkadots I'm with you!!! Mine isn't metallic it's more of a sour taste but it's there all the time!!!
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots @blue2mango @goldie987 Thanks! I picked some up today. OB’s office says I can take 50mg once a day so I’ll try that and if it doesn’t work I’ll up it to twice a day. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    The fatigue just won’t quit lately. I have to nap everyday or I won’t make it past 7pm. 

My MS isn’t as bad as it was, but I only seem to get it after dinner time now. I was taking Preggie Pops Candies and they were helping, but they have stopped working. Now I just have to grin and bear it for about a half hour until it goes away. I am 11w3d so hopefully with the second tri right around the corner all this will pass. Fingers crossed!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22