November 2018 Moms

Pink blood on tissue

I have an ultrasound appointment later today so I’m trying not to freak out completely. I just went to the bathroom and when I wiped there was pinkish blood on the paper and I had a brief pinching cramp. Idk what to do right now. I’m at work and no one knows I’m pregnant. I’m 9w 6d. Anyone experienced this and everything was okay?!!!

Re: Pink blood on tissue

• As long as there's no serious cramping (I wouldn't personally consider one small cramp anything to worry about since the uterus is stretching) or clots and your not filling a pad, it's not necessarily anything to worry about.  The cervix is delicate and easily irritated during pregnancy and a little spotting can be no big deal.  Plus the placenta is growing and embedding and can cause a little bleeding as it digs in.

I've had spotting three times this pregnancy (once pink/red and the others brown) and it's always been my cervix being irritated.

I hope your ultrasound goes well and eases your mind!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Thank you !!! I really needed to hear this. I’m going to try to remain calm. I’ll let you know how my appointment goes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @LGOLDMAN88 my OB told me that if it’s pink or brown, not to worry. If it’s bright red, soaking through a pad an hour, with cramps, then it is time to worry. I have had pink, brown and red spotting throughout this pregnancy and at my first ultrasound everything looked good. Fingers crossed for you! 
  • With my first I remember I had some bleeding early on that I was convinced was the end, but everything turned out to be fine. It's terrifying, but definitely try to remain calm; it may very well be nothing!
  • Great news!  I'm glad everything was fine! :heart:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Yay!! So glad to hear it <3
  • Great news!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21