November 2018 Moms
Options

UO - 4/12

I don't see that this was started yet and I'm surprised! What are your unpopular opinions?

*TW*
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD1: 8/2014  <3
TTC #2: 6/2017
BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
DD2: 10/2018  <3

Re: UO - 4/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate telling people too, it's so awkward.  I never actually told any of my neighbors (who I talk to regularly) with DD, I just let them figure it out between the belly and the baby stuff boxes out on the curb for recycling day.  I may do the same this time, or just let DD run around in a big sister shirt out front.
  • Options
    I love mayonnaise.

I find it really super awkward telling people that I'm pregnant. We started announcing this week and MH already told all of his coworkers. I told one person. I have no idea how to bring it up in conversation and it makes me feel so awkward. 
    Mayonnaise is disgusting. 

I want to tell people that I’m pregnant but am having a lot of anxiety about it before second trimester (PgAL brain is a bttch) but with the people I have told, I feel like I’m so awkward about it. I either blurt it out at a random point or I slowwwwwwly say it lol
  • Options
    Mayo is GROSS.

I wanted to be able to tell people for the longest time, but now that we are at the point of sharing the news, I am getting cold feet about it. Last night I was so nervous to call my Grandma, even though I knew she would be so excited. I felt so much better after telling that whole side of the family (Bio Dad's side) but it was awkward for sure. I also told my coworkers this morning because they are out next week and I wanted to tell them before we do our social media announcement, which will probably be next weekend. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    Originally posted this in FFFC before realizing it was better suited here...

I hate the smell of flowers, roses in particular.  The only flower I like the smell of at all is lilac and that's because it's nostalgic for me and reminds me of my childhood.

Sometimes I think I'm the only woman on Earth who's completely anti-floral.  I don't like floral perfumes and I don't even like getting flowers as a gift, though they are pretty.

On the other hand, I love the smell of patchouli.  It's my favorite smell in the whole world.  I don't even care that people think I smell like a stinky hippie (I've embraced my hippie self, though...my love of incense probably doesn't help, anyway, so I might as well).  I love smelling like a headshop. :lol: 

I also really like the smell of dirt.  Like fresh-turned, loamy dirt.  So good.

My mom likes the smell of leaded gasoline (though she balances that out by loving florals; roses are her favorite), so I guess weird scent preferences run in the family. :no_mouth:
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @booksandcoffee Agree Mayo is disgusting but I do LOVE Miracle Whip. 
    @cm716 Totally agree. I can barely stand my hair down normally let alone sweatin' like crazy and having it stick to my head, neck, face. Ugh! Unless their hair is super short, then it makes sense.

• Options
    Mayo is good in moderation. I hate when people put too much in tuna salad or potato salad or whatever.

Miracle Whip is disgusting. 

I am sensitive to a lot of fragrance in general. I can't stand strong perfumes or colognes. My laundry detergent, dish detergent, etc. are all fragrance free because chemical smells bother me. I don't even do deodorant most of the time, because they often have chemical smells.

I agree that putting your hair up is necessary at the gym, if your hair is long enough. I have alopecia and I have been bald on/off for over a decade. My hair grows in when I'm pregnant and this time it's been growing since last summer **TW***because I had an MC in July, it kept growing afterwards***end TW*** so it's longer this time. I might just have to tie my hair back in a few months, which is something I haven't needed to do in over 13 years.
  • Options
    I feel awkward about telling people I'm pregnant too! With my first pregnancy, I told my boss via email at 14 weeks, and then let my coworkers just discover it as it became obvious (which was at around 6 months). I'll probably avoid telling people this time too. 

@MojieJo I love the smell of dirt too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sushi is disgusting. 
  • Options
    @booksandcoffee You're dead to me now. :tongue:

Sushi is delicious!  Unagi is my favorite, but I love almost all kinds.  Not a fan of tamago or any of the Americanized rolls with cream cheese and crap, though.

And now I want sushi. :lol:

• Options
    I don't like sushi either! I also don't like pho. I seem to be the only person who doesn't like it. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    I've never had pho!  I hear that I'm missing out.  I can't believe I've never had it since I'm an adventurous eater and love "ethnic" food.

• Options
    All of you are crazy with your hate for sushi, mayo and Harry Potter. I don’t know if I can handle this :expressionless:
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots Exactly. 

Anyone else in the south ever tried mayo on their cornbread? My entire family does it and I won’t eat cornbread any other way. Has to be real southern cornbread though. Not that Jiffy mess. 

@MojieJo What about honeysuckle? My favorite thing about Spring is all the honeysuckle in bloom. Total nostalgia for me.

@offtoneverland I feel awkward too. I feel like if I tell family they’re going to think I’m getting ahead of myself since I’m not out of the 1st trimester (they would never think that, but still). And if I tell strangers I don’t want them to think I’m asking for attention. 

@cm716 You think that because it’s accurate. :sweat_smile:  

• Options
    I love Pho!! It is so good and I could eat it every day. 
  • Options
    Forgot my UO: I feel a little judge-y when parents regularly feed their kids fast food. I don’t mean occasionally getting your kid a happy meal. I mean when it’s a regular part of the weekly meal plan. It’s everyone’s decision to parent however the heck they want to either way and I would never dream of verbally casting judgement on someone for that, but I still have that UO running through my head. 

Full disclosure: as I type this, my daughter is having a chicken McNugget picnic in the living room. I’m cringing letting her consume all the sodium but for some reason McD’s is the only thing that didn’t turn my stomach tonight and I’m solo parenting this weekend so here we are. There are apple slices in there too though lol

• Options
    Hey @MouseMama817, I really like your wall!
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Options
    @jessie42613 Thank you! That’s DH’s pride and joy  :D
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 Honeysuckle is tolerable, but that's as far as it goes.  We had a bush in our yard when I was growing up, but the smell isn't as nostalgic for me as lilac.  We had these huge lilacs that were the size of trees (I used to climb them!) and the smell just brings me back. :smile:

• Options
    @MouseMama817 I always feel guilty when feeding DD fast food, but my goodness sometimes it’s just so damn easy to tell DH to grab her a happy meal on his way home while I’m feeling nauseous. Ugh. We definitely try to limit it though. Stupid fast food restaurants and their convenience! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pink_polkadots I know! And I have a lot of happy memories of happy meals (do you remember how amazing the toys used to be? The Disney characters that came in mini vhs boxes? The mini Barbies?) and obviously I turned out fine lol. 
  • Options
    @MouseMama817 Your living room is gorgeous! What is your daughter watching? A Goofy Movie? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    @offtoneverland I can tell you her daughter is watching despicable me 3! :lol: My DD loves that movie. Only the third one though. She refuses to watch any of the others.

@MouseMama817 oh the toys used to be so much better! I typically will throw away any she happens to get now. They’re all such crap. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @offtoneverland This is poor lighting, so thank you!! Yep, Despicable Me. I think the 3rd one? Whichever one that has the twin brother. But Goofy Movie is one of her absolute faves. Whenever she wants to watch it she says “Mama, Goofies?” It’s so cute. 

• Options
    *Lurking from October, as I may end up here*

Ds got the absolute cutest little Arctic Fox today from McDonald's. They are doing national geographic toys and they have a little card with some stuff about each animal they get. But usually the toys do suck compared to when I was little. Lol
  • Options
    @offtoneverland - I love mayo. When I was younger, the only way I could eat cucumbers is if it was dipped in mayo. My brother mixes it into his rice. 

@booksandcoffee - I don't like sushi or poke and in Hawaii it's pretty much a crime. My DH finds it embarrassing if I was for the making tuna roll made with canned tuna.

I don't like spicy food and I find the smell of tobasco disgusting.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    @booksandcoffee I love sushi, have a passing interest in HP but will celebrate fellow hufflepuffs, but you can't get me onboard with mayo. It's gross.

@offtoneverland since I've been so visibly sick and everyone is so worried about me, I just tell them I'm pregnant instead if letting them think I have some crazy disease LOL and you know what? It earned me free fried chicken last night, so score!!

We were waiting I fried chicken for about 45 minutes when the store manager approached me asking if I was feeling ok. I told him I'm pregnant and laughed so he could see I'm alright, but I knew I looked horrible. He found my H waiting in line and told him not to worry about paying for the chicken!

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.