Product Spotlight Series: Hospital Bag! - Page 3 — The Bump
June 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight Series: Hospital Bag!

13»

Re: Product Spotlight Series: Hospital Bag!

• Since I was 7lbs, my H was 9lbs and his brother was around the 9lbs range, we've decided to just bring our newborn sizing to the hospital. We don't have a lot, but gives options and I'm 90% sure that will be only time she fits into it lol

I may bring 1 or 2 other sized onsies in case. I have quite a few 0-3 month sizes I picked up.
  • And I think we decided on a convertible and an infant seat. The cost of an extra base just didn't make sense, especially since we want to have a second kid within a few years and will need a convertible eventually for this LO anyways. But I don't think we'll get a ton of use out of that one until we have to coordinate daycare pickups. 
    @icecubeinthedesert - If you don't want to get a second base you can also install the infant seat via seat belt if you don't want the second base.  I know for us, we left the carseat at daycare and moved it into whatever car was being used, whether it had a base or was installed via seat belt.  I'd certainly practice it a few times, but it's completely safe.  That way you don't have to mess with what to do with the car seat when LO is in the convertible.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
    icecubeinthedesert2589
  • @MissKittyDanger It's a diaper bag brand that I like a lot. Very practical stuff. We have this backpack that comes with little pods.
    https://www.bol.com/nl/p/pacapod-picos-pack-luiertas-black-charcoal/9200000063599564/?Referrer=ADVNLGOO002031-G-53553400552-S-430152803692-9200000063599564&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInd6_qfCg2gIVw7ztCh2yWQWrEAQYBSABEgIUqPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Sorry, couldn't get the hyperlink to work. 

Anyway, it was a perfect hospital bag for baby because we also had the tote and a car seat. Since this is a backpack we could carry everything at once and didn't have to go back for a 2nd trip to/from the car or anything. 

• @MissKittyDanger so funny you mention the Lush shampoo! I bought some right before i got pregnant and just found it a few weeks ago and started using it so I can finish it before it expires. I really like it!
  • @amys614 ; Jersey Bounce & Big are my faves :) Something about them my hair loves, pregnant or not. {since being pregnant, my skin/scalp/hair is oilier than normal so it's been my BFF lol}
  • @amys614 @MissKittyDanger the Big shampoo from Lush is my FAV! I usually have really oily hair that I would have to wash daily and with that I can go two-three days but it doesn't feel dry. Great volume too! 

However, I did not like the Big conditioner bar. 
    Me & MH: 30 │ DS: 6/1/18 (IUGR born at 37+5 seizures caused by bilateral grade 2 ventricular hemorrhage)

MissKittyDangeramys614
  • @krashke ; I recently was talking to Lush about conditioner, and apparently more people like "American Cream" the best.
    I need to use conditioner after I shampoo or else my hair is a friggen tangled mess and I have a wet brush
13»