December 2018 Moms
Options

Morning Sickness-friendly Foods

Hopefully we’re early enough that none of us are feeling the quease just yet. But I know it’s coming for me, so here are some things I’ve stocked up on.

Trail mix: salt, and fast, helps me when I get that sudden “I’m starving and going to be sick if I don’t eat” feeling. Mine is dried cranberries, whole roasted almonds, sunflower seeds, and pepitas.

Goldfish: again, salty and portable. Last pregnancy I had one of those giant cartons at work and just ate a handful every half hour while I was at my worst and no other food appealed.

Easy Mac and 1-minute pasta: okay, so these aren’t exactly ideal healthy, but when morning sickness is truly terrible and the thought of cooking food makes me green at the gills, calories fast (to settle my stomach) that cook quickly, keeping the smell to a minimum, are life savers.

saltines: by the bed, first thing you eat in the morning

frozen cooked chicken: I had a thing last time about raw meat, seeing it, smelling it, and it made life hard for my husband who just wanted dinner. This time around, I’ve loaded us up on frozen grilled chicken that we can reheat and add to salads with no raw meat sight necessary!

peppermints and sour candy: once the nausea hits, especially in public, these are the difference for survival

anyone else stocking the larder or have good ideas to share? Any FTMs with questions about what to expect?

Re: Morning Sickness-friendly Foods

• Options
    I had a lot of food aversions, but could usually eat plain toast (or with butter, peanut butter or jam), pasta/Mac n cheese, bagels, basically all things bread or carbs or bad for you.  They have the high protein pasta now, which is good since meat would generally make me sick. Lots of lemonade. Gum and snickers bars. Captain Crunch. 
  • Options
    Hard candies and carbs. I heard a lot of women have luck with ginger, but that didn’t work for me.

I’m hoping it won’t be as bad this time around, but we’ll see. Last time I did vitamin b and unisom, and if that didn’t work then zofran. I can’t afford to be sleepy from the unisom this time, with a toddler running around, so we’ll see! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my daughter I had really, really bad food aversions that changed on a daily basis, so it'd just be like okay, what on earth can I tolerate today? And it would be completely random. My best streak of being able to tolerate food in the first trimester was one whole week when I could eat avocado sushi and that was it. Like, IT, haha. So this time around I'm not sure what to expect. **TW with my last loss that was suspected at 7 weeks and confirmed at 9, I did have morning sickness but not as bad and I was able to keep it at bay with crackers and sometimes (this is not healthy, but it worked) french fries. end TW**

Did anyone else have the experience of a really bad taste in your mouth? I had that all first trimester with my daughter, my OB said it was just a hormonal thing and would pass, and the only thing that helped was citrus (like lemon or lime in water) and, as was mentioned before, hard sour candies. I have some preggie pops leftover from when I was pregnant with my daughter back in 2015? They *may* not still be good, I should probably order some new ones. Gonna wait another week or so though and make sure this bean sticks.
  • Options
    Pinapple was a god send for me when i was pregnant with my A15. Also Gin-Gins!
    Always hold on to hope ❤
  • Options
    lemonade, ice water, ice, ice and ice, rest everything makes me gag. by the way my EDD is early sep. drinking "no to morning sickness tea" to help keeping stuff in. this tea makes me up for a while.