November 2018 Moms

Questions w/o 3/25

Re: Questions w/o 3/25

• So confused and feel like my question is dumb. 

I’m 4 weeks and 5 days today- so do I say I’m in the 4th week? I already finished the 4th week so am I in the 5th week? So confused lol
  • @Eveinshock I would love a plus size thread as well. Going to work hard to keep my gain paced better this time.
    Last time I gained nothing for over 4 months, actually might have even lost a little, then in less than 5 months I gained 80 LBS!!!!  I lost 65 right after the baby and have gained back another 30 in the last year. I feel like total CRAP. I mean seriously I feel 80 years old.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @Eveinshock I would love a plus size thread as well. Going to work hard to keep my gain paced better this time.
    Last time I gained nothing for over 4 months, actually might have even lost a little, then in less than 5 months I gained 80 LBS!!!!  I lost 65 right after the baby and have gained back another 30 in the last year. I feel like total CRAP. I mean seriously I feel 80 years old.  
    I took the whole "eating for two" to heart last time. I had dropped weight just before becoming pregnant and quickly gained it all back in my 1st trimester. The only thing that slowed me down was the GD. After I got diagnosed with that I didn't really gain much the rest of the pregnancy. I seriously gained half of my pregnancy weight in the first trimester. I just know I'm high risk for GD again and higher risk anyway for being 36. Plus I am ALMOST to "overweight" instead "obese", something I have been working hard on for the last 6ish months. Looking to take a really healthy approach this time.
  • Has anyone started thinking about names yet?  I know it's early, but I can't help myself. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @KellyT22 We have. Might have even narrowed down a couple depending on what we're having so you're not alone. There is a list by my bedside table.
  • cm716cm716 member
    @KellyT22 we've tossed around a couple but we don't actually decide until we're at the hospital after the baby is born. We fought for 9 months about what to name our second. Came up with something we both were ok with ( Cosette) and we ended up naming her something we'd never even discussed (Ella). After that, we decided to save ourselves 9 months of arguing and just named everyone at the hospital. boy names are way way easier for us than girl names.
  • @KellyT22 - I've had a running list on my phone since before DS was born. I just left it on there and add names once in a while. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Another question, is anyone worried about stress at your job? I am a teacher with a very challenging group this year. It was already hard to keep cool before and they stressed me out, but now, I am worried how stressed they can make me. 
  • @bfpafter4years I am a 911 dispatcher and am worried about the same thing with stress! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• @bfpafter4years I work in the ICUs at a hospital and am worried as well. I'm trying to find a good routine to decompress from work and home and help ease the stress. Let us know of you find anything that helps with the stress. Hopefully you can find a way to help with the balance.
  • @KellyT22 yes and there are NONE! Why aren’t there more names in the world?! 

We decided DD’s at like 38w so probably the same thing this time 

• @TheSouffleGirl  I have my first ultrasound tomorrow :) I am looking forward to that for the reassurance that it provides. I'm still on my anxiety medicine, and my metformin, so hopefully everything is ok.
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @oaklandava can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • @cm716 boy names are so much harder for me! We may have to help each other out later because I’ve got a ton of girl names, but like one boy name (and it’s one DH doesn’t like).  I’ve started making a list but we are team green and also didn’t decide until after baby was born with our first two kids. We are terrible at name decisions.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So confused and feel like my question is dumb. 

I’m 4 weeks and 5 days today- so do I say I’m in the 4th week? I already finished the 4th week so am I in the 5th week? So confused lol
    Yes, you would say you're 4 weeks pregnant, or in your 4th week. You could also say you're almost in you're 5th week. :) 

Re: Baby names--someone should start a baby names thread! I'm not ready to think about names yet myself because of PGAL brain, but I love lurking those threads. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Do we have a PGAL weekly check in? I keep scrolling back but either it isn't there or my pregnant brain isn't reading.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • @pink_polkadots I go here to get a rough estimate of caffeine content in teas. If you keep less that 200mg per day you’re good.https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/bigelow-tea
  • Do we have a PGAL weekly check in? I keep scrolling back but either it isn't there or my pregnant brain isn't reading.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I just started a new PGAL thread. I was supposed to start it last week but I forgot. 
    @pink_polkadots I go here to get a rough estimate of caffeine content in teas. If you keep less that 200mg per day you’re good.https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/bigelow-tea
    Hey there! Don't forget to change your username so we can all get to know you better and remember who you are! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @bfpafter4years I do worry about stress at my job. Things can be crazy, and it's exhausting. I do worry about stress, but I find that as I get more and more pregnant and uncomfortable I stop caring so much about the things that generally stress me out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bfpafter4years I have been worrying about effects of my job too. Though less the stress, and more the physical dangers. Getting assaulted, going into smoky homes, or filthy homes (mould, animal excrement, drugs, etc), slipping on ice, lifting 250+ lbs with a SCH. And the 12+ hr shifts are taking a toll, as I'm exhausted all the time. 
    I'm generally fairly relaxed at work now. Usually Only the really bad kid calls get me anxious anymore. (Apparently I'm a horrible and desensitized person..)
    But I asked for accommodations at work. My boss will almost exclusively schedule me on a transfer unit, which is insanely boring, but way safer as it's a stable environment (hospital to hospital transfers. So no dangerous unpredictable houses to go into). Baby is worth it. 

@cm716 boy names are WAY harder for us! Haha. I found dozens of girl names that I like, and probably a dozen we can agree on. Ive only found 4 boy names I like, and we don't agree on any of them haha. And we have been working on this for months. (I figured we should at least have an idea before I got pregnant and crazy hormonal, or I would cry every time we disagreed lol)
  • @eabrahamson Oh, just wait until you have to explain how old your kid is. All people wanna know is "one," but she's actually almost 18 months, which, developmentally speaking, is way more advanced than a "one year old." You're 4 weeks, or "nearly 5 weeks" if you want. :)

RE: names- I'm trying not to think about it too much until we know the gender. It took us FOREVER to agree on a name for DD1. H and I have totally different taste in girl names. Boy names are easier, so we have some contenders there already: Knox, Evan, Abram, Nolan, and Owen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 aww I love Nolan! But we have a close friend named Nolan so we can't use it
  • cm716cm716 member
    edited March 2018
    My question is how do I tell my friends who I know are struggling with IF that I'm pregnant? I have 2 friends that I think are going to take it pretty hard. What is the most sensitive approach?
  • @cm716 I would suggest doing it in private, and in a situation they can have some privacy. 

TW* For example, my friend had 2 MC and her brother and sister in law came over to tell her they were pregnant. She was happy for them, but devestated for herself, and wished they had just called, so she could cry in private. Instead of them overstaying their welcome for hours, and her having to fake being ok for so long. 

I know I was always happy when my friends announced, but also frustrated and thinking "what about me?!" And feeling... Jealous almost.  
  • @cm716 personally, I told my friends who I knew were ttc to text me. You can read everything on my face and I wanted to be able to react without having to put up a front for them. 
  • cm716cm716 member
    @babybrain2018 and @kbrown2385 so you think a text is ok? That's kinda where I'm leaning that way she doesn't have to feign enthusiasm when I know she's having a really hard time in her own. 

The second friend is a little trickier because i know she's going through a hard time. We're not nearly as closed so I'm considering letting her find out through the grapevine. I feel like that would be less painful than finding out on social media or me telling her
  • @soehlerk I get those pains almost every sneeze. It's early, but not uncommon. I've been doubled over in pain from the muscle strains.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• @cm716 I agree with everything  @brookepdavis (I love oth!) said. I think a text is perfectly fine and they will probably appreciate it. Good luck! 
  • @bfpafter4years glad to hear you get lots of tests and ultrasounds! We did IVF to get here and I was hoping that would be the case for us-- but nope! The office was like, see ya at 7 weeks and you only get 2 beta tests. So I'm over here trying to do ANYTHING I can to distract myself until next week :( 
  • @kbrown2385 My ob told me once they see a heartbeat I was ok to stop metformin. I stopped that day mostly because I struggled so bad to get that horse pill down and I was on it for over a year. Definitely see what your ob says tho!

My question: I have been crazy nauseous for over a week, but today it's barely noticeable. Anyone else had symptoms come and go? I'm enjoying today and eating my weight in everything I see!
  • What if anything are you ladies using for pimples? All of a sudden I’m getting these painful pimples on my face and I know I can’t use my typical cream thing since it’s got certain things in it that are not recommended during pregnancy 
    My mom always recommends hemorrhoid cream for pimples. I'd imagine it's safe for pregnancy but do your own research first. Good luck :) 
  • @mempartyof3 I use burts bee's sensitive skin makeup removing wipes and face wipes for lazy nights, plain dove unscented bar soap to wash and clinique 7 day scrub for exfoliating a few days a week. I'm lazy (and gross) and have a bad habit of going to bed with the day's makeup on. Now that I'm pregnant and have oily skin and break outs, this combo has been good for me. It's not too drying and it's all fragrance free which I think helps my skin. I moisturize with a Seriously Shine Free  by Formula 10.0.6., which feels nice and never gives me a pimple.
  • @pitbullmama71 My nausea comes and goes, day by day. 

Anyone else with a long commute to work? Very serious question...how the heck do you hold your pee for it?!? I’m having a hard time with my hour or so evening commute. I’m bursting about to pee my pants by the time I get my kids and get home.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @cm716 from personal experience a text would be my first choice and then a one on one in person conversation 
  • Does anyone have much experience with Medicaid? My husband's company eliminated his department in October so we lost our insurance. The new company he's with is only a couple of years old and doesn't offer an employee insurance program yet, so I applied for pregnancy Medicaid when we got our BFP. Problem is, it wont be effective until May 1st and I'll have racked up some medical expenses by then. Does anyone know if they'll cover my expenses for this pregnancy retroactively? I know I can just call (and I will) but wanted to hear from someone with experience.
  • @MouseMama817, in my experience medicaid WILL retroactively pay. After my first ( and not realizing how health care worked at all) we lost our insurance through medicaid at the end of her birth month. 2 months later I was hospitalized a few days for an awful infection, and we ended up getting a bill for it. I just called medicaid and they out me right back on the plan and I just had to have the hospital rebill to them. Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmathes14 That’s great to hear, thank you! That’ll tide my anxiety over until I can call them.
  • @runningyogimama I have about a 45 minute commute to work-- I'm dying. I actually started wearing a panty liner in case I'd leak at all (sorry if TMI). I pee before I leave them immediately when I get to work... Not sure what this will look like in 6 months when the baby weighs more and is REALLY pushing on my bladder.
  • Can we start a financial thread? Maybe something where STM+ can give some advice on where to save for FTM or where we can discuss FMLA/leave etc? I know it was a huge adjustment for me financially with my first and I'm already trying to wrap my head around adding a second with the costs of daycare and time off etc. I also remember a couple of parents in my last BMB really struggling when they found out late in the game that they wouldn't get any paid leave at all, so a thread helping people who need the support to plan ahead of time.