Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 3/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

Cycle Day/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

Re: TWW Wednesday 3/21

• holly321holly321 member
    edited March 2018
    Month/Cycle:  14/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 20/8 or 7

Timing: 0, or -1 and 0

Typical LP length:  15 days I think.

Testing: probably tomorrow.  

R/R:  seems like another day off of work.... If I work tomorrow, it will be the only day this week.  They haven't officially closed work for the snow yet, they are reevaluating at 10.  But it is ridiculous and I am not going in if we are open. Extra rave, feeling a lot better from being sick too!

CS/Q:  none

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
    I would love to fly.  I think reading minds would be the worst.
  • @holly321 I am with you on flying. It would be great not to be dependent on any other type of transportation. Enjoy your day off. We may be in the same boat tomorrow as we are supposed to have a big storm tonight into tomorrow. Fx for your testing!

Month/Cycle: 14/11

Cycle Day/DPO: 28/12

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 14/15 Days

Testing: Waiting for Godot (tehe)

R/R: Rant: Had the beginnings of a headache this morning so I of course thought I was KU. Nothing like being a little crazy waiting for AF. This week feels like it is taking forever, partly because of AF and partly because of all the appointments and calls I have had to make. Rave: Hopefully, there will be a snow day tomorrow. I would love to have a day to game and watch my puppy frolic in the snow; she's a 95 pound puppy, but a puppy none the less.

CS/Q: -

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Flying for sure! I have always felt this way, not just because of my car troubles recently ;) I would settle for teleportation though. Anything that means I'm not relying on man-made transportation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 6/7

Cycle Day/DPO: 16/3

Timing: -3, O

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: WFAF. going to see family over easter weekend and the house has one bathroom. I have an ob/gyn testing appt before I go, so i might wind up testing that day, but won't be testing otherwise unless I'm late. 

R/R: snow this morning. happy spring? 

CS/Q: nope, FF freaked out and thought I ovulated a day before I thought I did, but today's temp corrected the prediction. phew! 

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Teleportation, hands down. There's a part of me that would like to be a mind-reader (damn social awkwardness/anxiety) because that power would make conversation easier sometimes. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @holly321 - so glad you're feeling better! Hope your work cancels so you wouldn't have to use time off for today. I wouldn't go in if the weather was bad, either. 
    @meri-mac - oh, the crazies waiting for AF or testing. *hugs* hope you get your snow/play day with your puppy!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Thanks! Fx for your testing! I wouldn't mind telepathy as I usually think people are thinking negatively about me. It would be handy to be reminded that they are not and it is all in my head.
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

Cycle Day/DPO: 29/8

Timing: -1, 0

Typical LP length: don't know

Testing: started already, but not expecting "true" results for another couple days probably

R/R: Rant - I got a massage yesterday, but it was closer to deep tissue than sweedish and now my back feels all bruisey this morning. Plus I woke up in an irritable mood for no reason and everything's annoying me today. And it's going to snow again. I would just crawl back into bed and attempt to restart the day later but I have to work, even if it is from home.

CS/Q: none

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? I've usually gone with flying and/or invisibility. It'd be nice to get places quicker, and to avoid people/situations when I wanted to.
  • @meri-mac I feel you on the headache. I get chronic migraines anyway, plus am probably getting headaches from coming off a med, but every headache is still "maybe it's a pregnancy symptom!"

@catlady2015 I've considered mind reading, but knowing what goes on in my own head sometimes I feel like knowing what's going on in someone else's head might be not great lol.

@holly321 we're working from home today again, I don't think I've been in the office for a full 5 days in weeks with all these storms.
  • Month/Cycle: 24/17

Cycle Day/DPO: 17/4

Timing: -3,-2,-1,0,+1

Typical LP length: 14

Testing: Trying to wfaf. AMH came back recently at 1.62- so normal for the lab (low cutoff @1.20), but I worry it’s a little on the low side (why not worry lol)

R/R: Rant: more snow on the way- I so wish I could work from home on crummy days. Rave: I’ve felt surprisingly chill about TTC this cycle, I think meeting with the RE and getting my hysteroscopy made me feel like I have a bit of a plan, even if there’s not really A Plan yet. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? I’d love to have perfect recall/understanding- it would be so much easier to not forget things and just get stuff right the first time. Maybe I’m being influenced by this ridiculous work week. :lol: Mind control is like *always* a villain power, but I’ve got to admit it would be useful sometimes!

@fantasyflyte Sorry you’re having a ‘want to stay in bed’ day :(

@catlady2015 I get the mind reader thing- I have a habit of taking people’s reactions at face value and getting some hints would be helpful!

@meri-mac 95 pound puppy sounds adorable! What kind is she?
  • @lin0442 - perfect recall would be amazing! I'd love that one, too!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Month/Cycle: 4th IUI

Cycle Day/DPO: 18/4dpiui

Timing: -2, 0, +1

Typical LP length: 14, 16

Testing: 3/31

R/R: Apparently I have an elevated TSH. My RE’s nurse emailed me yesterday to tell me they want me to come in for more lab work and to give me a prescription for levothyroxine to take for 6 wks. Naturally I freaked out wondering if fertility meds or **TW mc could cause that and omg bc it is one of the #1 causes of mc and what if this is why I had a mc***end TW or if the fertility meds causes it then why would I take a thyroid med.

It was just on and on and on with the anxiety last night.  I emailed my RE and she said none of what I think caused it did and that it isn’t good to be hypothyroid. I trust her but now I’m worried because I already have MS. Thyroid probs run heavily on my moms side (Graves) and on my dads (hashimotos). I’m really stressed out about this. 

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Teleportation but with the ability to teleport other people with me. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @lin0442 She is a husky mix. She is turning 1 on April 7th and is massive. I agree with you on perfect recall. It would be nice not to doubt your own memories, but it would suck to always remember the crappy stuff.

@suzycupcake Hugs! I hope you get some good news and your anxiety calms down. I know the vicious cycle of those thoughts. <3
  • @holly321 Ooh testing tomorrow! Good luck!!!

@meri-mac Frolicking in the snow with a husky puppy sounds AMAZING. Also, sorry our insurance recs didn't work out since you're in Canada, but fx you find a good option soon!

@catlady2015 Teleportation is a great choice for super power! I think the mind reading would make me *more* socially anxious, haha. Sometimes I'd rather not know what people are thinking and just hope for the best!

@fantasyflyte Good luck with your continued testing! And sorry you're in an irritable mood, I'm pretty grumpy over here too.

@lin0442 Glad you're feeling chill this cycle and that going to an RE has helped you feel like you're at least on a path, if not fully a plan yet. 

@suzycupcake Try not to stress out too much about the TSH! How far out of range was yours? Do you remember the number? I have hashimoto's and my endocrinologist has said it's very rare unless the TSH is *very* out of range, for it to cause a miscarriage. Having TSH out of range can make it harder to conceive in the first place though, so it is great to get on medication and get it to that ideal window. But miscarriage wise, usually if your actual thyroid levels are in range (T3 and T4) your TSH can fluctuate a bit and you'll still be okay. And sometimes the TSH elevates at the beginning of a pregnancy naturally. The best thing you can do is to see an endocrinologist, or, even better, an RE, which you're already doing. It is typically very easy to keep in range, as long as you're monitored closely and take your medication correctly (first thing in the am, one hour before eating anything and, ideally, two hours before having cow's milk, which can mess with absorption.) I know it can be really, really stressful to add another potential problem to the mix while TTC though, so just try to take deep breaths. Sending big hugs to you.

Month/Cycle: 2/2 ***TW after 2 losses end TW***

Cycle Day/DPO: CD20/7DPO

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1, +2

Typical LP length: unsure

Testing: Finally decided I'm gonna hold out until 3/28, which will be CD27.

R/R: Rant: It's raining here, so I won't be able to do my normal lunchtime walk. It really helps break up the 10+ hour work days to get outside for 45 min, so I am really going to miss that today. Rave: It's my 5th wedding anniversary today! My husband got up super early to bring me my favorite Starbucks drink (chai tea latte) and it wrote something super sweet on facebook. Feeling loved!

CS/Q: Nope!

GTKY: If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? Oh, I would be able to fast forward time. Like right now. In the stupid TWW.  Hahaha.
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @maureenmce I've done tsh tests for years because of family history and my range has always been in the 1s. The result was 5.670 I haven't gotten the other thyroid tests done. That's what she wants me to come back in for. I'm waiting on the nurse to tell me what the hours are for that because I only know what their hours are for u/s and iui. I did lab work on an u/s day last time. 

I wonder if this can explain my low body temperature. I always run 97.1 but sometimes it gets down to 96 in my follicular phase. I'm cold all of the time. It can be 74 in the house and I'm freezing. I've also been needing more sleep, am dizzy all of the time, have anxiety and heart palps, and lack energy. I've always just thought that maybe the MS has affected my autonomic nervous system too lol 

There are other symptoms. There have been times where I thought that maybe I was swinging to hyper because of some similarities but didn't get tests then. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake Gotcha. Glad they caught it! And yes, that could definitely have something to do with your being cold and needing more rest!  Should be a relatively quick fix once they get you on meds.  I think it takes 4 weeks to notice the change in blood tests, but you can start feeling better sooner. Dose wise, it can sometimes continue to bounce back and forth a little bit as your body figures out your correct dose, but it's great that they're monitoring you closely - they should be able to zone in on the right amount asap. Hugs!
  • suzycupcakesuzycupcake member
    edited March 2018
    @maureenmce Since you have experience with this, any ideas why they are saying they want me to take the levo for a 6 week course? Wouldn't hypo need med for life? I don't know much about thyroids. Do you swing back and forth between hypo and hyper?

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI