Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY - Pet Peeves

Re: GTKY - Pet Peeves

• jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited March 2018
    @galactickates @dreamscapes_ For me, I have way more cycles than months. At this point, I am 4 cycles ahead of months because of 20-22 day cycles. (Eta: I feel like this is an exception, not a rule. Cycles this short are usually abnormal.). However, I am often confused by many things in dailies. :D when I first joined, people would do total months/total cycles (x/x AL, 2/2 benched) or something like that. 

@lokibear89 Ohhh, I’d be livid aboaut the nail polish. 
  • CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited March 2018
    @galactickates omg with the flushing thing!! One of the toilets at my work is like that, and ive learned how to get it all to go down the first tome, but I've had to remind myself multiple times that the person ahead of me just doesn't know the toilet is funky, then again if I can figure that out after a couple months then surely the people who've been at that branch for years should know how that toilet works!!! 

@ecologyphdmama omg yes with the plastic on electronics!! That annoys me to no end and I just want to peel it off!! And blinkers, my biggest driving pet peeve!!

@AdorkablePixie ugh joint FB accounts make me so pissy. Who the hell am I talking to??? Him or her??? 

Mine's a little more specific to DH, but could be a general thing, but I get annoyed when he doesn't put things back where I had them (mostly in our kitchen pantry). Dude, you told me to organize the kitchen when we moved in, so put stuff back where you got it from!!!!

In response to all the essential oils talk, I'm a believer. Obviously not everything, and EOs definitely shouldn't take the place of a doctor, but...my story, I had warts all over my finger nails (around the edges where my skin is of course). My doctor tried freezing them twice, two different methods, and they were still there. I had been told by a couple people to try taking oil of oregano as a capsule, so I did. It 100% worked and every single wart is gone! It's been months now and they haven't come back at all. So EOs totally worked for me in that instance!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Loading the player...
  • @CecilB93, I too think oils have a time and place where they work.  I get migraines, and take prescription medication, (which, my options are limited due to other medication I take) so I use peppermint oil in addition.  The other day, I used the oil before taking the medication, got busy, forgot to take anything and I felt amazingly better. Also lavender is great and TW kids mentioned in spoiler
    As some may know, both my kids are autistic.  DD was having severe meltdowns, and I started using vetiver and it would help her calm down.  Lavender makes her crazy though. 
  • @galactickates Oatmeal & raisins & nuts are good- though not in dessert. I want he most unhealthy things in my dessert! 
  • @galactickates I think the only baked good I put raisins in is Irish soda bread, now that I think about it!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I always ask myself... would this taste better with chocolate or raisins?  The answer is always chocolate. 10/10 times.  Also why does it seem like nothing ever looks as good as the raisin - chocolate imposter - dessert after the discovery.

• @dreamscapes_ Ew!  Raisins in soda bread?!   
  • @jrm_14 I love it! Especially warm with some high quality butter. Yum.
  • Another pet peeve - my second opinion ortho just called me to let me know that they changed the medication they prescribed me, since the insurance wouldn't approve the other one. I ALREADY TRIED THIS ONE AND IT DID NOTHING.
  • @jrm_14 I have to agree with @dreamscapes_ on the raisins in Irish soda bread, it's one of the only things I eat raisins in! My mom's recipe is one of the more cakey-type ones though, so that might make a difference.
  • edited March 2018
    I don't mind MLM when I'm not harassed. I know whose selling what and where to go if I need/want something. Start harassing me and we have another story.....

**TW pregnancy and baby mentioned in spolier**

DHs best friends little sister started selling It works a few years ago. I had seen her posts and what not but wasn't interested so kept moving. She's about 8yrs younger then me and we hadn't talked since said friend lived at home (at that point over 10yrs). Well, shortly after having DS I got one long message about pregnancy weight and how the products are so great for new mom's blah blah blah. I blocked her a%& immediately and have not spoken to her since. Didn't even dignify her with an answer.

Then last year, my old boss is telling me about her friend from HSs wife sent her a friend request and they started talking. I told her the chick was either super insecure or selling something. She told me that there was no way it was either. She just wanted to reach out and meet some people who knew her H back in school **eyeroll**. She refused to beleive me. About 2 weeks later she confessed that after a few days of talking, she tried to sell her shit and get her to join her team.

Eta that the TW was in the spoiler and not story below it.

• @holly321 OH MY GOD that is so awful. I am sorry about that jerk and so sorry for the loss of your brother.
  • @prpl11butterfly I had to unfollow DH's cousin on Facebook because she would post about how amazing her It Works products were multiple times a day.
  • I have a couple of friends who sell for MLM companies and they know not to invite me to things or try to sell to me, because I will yell at them. One in particular sells for a certain leggings company and she knows that even though I don't agree with it, I'll still listen to her vent about how things are going.
  • @holly321 What am inexcusably rude and insensitive thing for her to do!  

I have to confess, I love Rodan+Fields Soothe regimen and a few other products. That has literally been the only thing to take away the red autoimmune rash on my face. However, it is currently a cost that was cut out to save for fertility treatments. 

I also really like my Norwex cleaning cloths and mop system. 

Additionally, I used to take Plexus (another fertility treatment budget cut). I took the vitamin & probiotic. I also liked the Slim drink. 

Not all MLMs are awful. However, don’t try to be nice out of nowhere to sell me things. 
  • holly321holly321 member
    edited March 2018
    @jrm_14, not to go homeopathic on you, lmao, but I sometimes make a mask with cinnamon and honey and other ingredients and it really helps my rash go away.  Not for long, but if I wanted to look nice for something special I use it a few days in advance, since it makes me redder at first.  
    I am literally 3 days off of plaquenil and am rashed with a vegence.

ETA vengeance, I may be drinking just a bit.
  • @holly321 Ohhhh!  Send me the recipe?  I love (some) homemade products! Off the bench so off plaqunil?
  • @jrm_14 Oh I totally don't judge the products (mostly) and I'm sure a lot of them are good, and I don't even mind someone I know trying to sell me stuff, I just hate the pretending to be friends only in order to sell me stuff thing. (Or if the stuff has a weird, anti science vibe, or if it's ALL a person posts about on social media.)
  • @jrm_14, yeah, off the bench= no plaquenil, no antiinflammatories, etc.  I am surprised how horrible I feel so quickly.  I may take a Prednisone pack this week to see if it helps ease things since I stopped everything cold turkey.  I will look for the recipe I used and PM it to you.  I hope it works for you!
  • @galactickates My husband does the exact same thing and it drives me crazy.
  • @jrm_14 My husband read your post and asked "Is that us?"

• Chipped nail polish.
    People who use their phones when they're out with friends. 
    Christmas lights left up past New Year's. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• My number one pet peeve is people who take drinks into the bathroom.
    Once on vacation I went into a gas station to use the bathroom. There was a boy about 10 and a woman who looked to be 30 in the women's restroom. They were just standing there drinking coffee and talking to the woman peeing in the stall. As I'm washing my hands I watch her walk out of the stall with a coffee cup. So gross!!!

• @meganttc3 I do bring my coffee into MY bathroom to get ready for work in the am. But NEVER EVER a public restroom. Gross. And why do people need to follow others in for a convo. Wait outside the door!
  • @prpl11butterfly but do you drink it while peeing? Because that's all I can imagine her doing with her coffee in the stall. 

• @jrm_14 I think me and yh are kindred spirits.  :D:D
    I drive mh crazy with that.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • I hate when you order wings and ask for ranch but they bring blue cheese and you don't realize it and dunk your perfect crispy wing into garbage sauce. (Side pet peeve,  I hate when wings aren't crispy. That's just wrong)

I hate the ranch/blue cheese mix up anytime. 
    I hate blue cheese. 
    Also horse radish.  
  • edited March 2018
    @meganttc3 good grief no! While I do my makeup and hair for work but certainly not while peeing   :D

Edited for failed emoji