Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TFAS w/o 3/12

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for? 

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag:

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you? 
TW
Me: 33 DH: 32
DS:  March 2014
DD: May 2015
BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: TFAS w/o 3/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

What number are you trying for? ~~ 2 (or 3 if you count niece)

Cycle/Month? ~~ 5/8 **tw loss on the 1st**

WTO/TWW? ~~ Benched until Thur but trying to convince myself I'm not o'ing.....

Ages of other child(ren)? ~~ DS is 2.5 Neice is 9

Any thoughts about this cycle? ~~ Talking my ovaries into keeping eggs in until Thursday at least. 

Any questions? ~~ Can anyone else talk my ovaries down? Maybe they will listen to someone else... 

Rant/Rave/Brag: ~~ Rant: another snow storm on the way tomorrow, expecting about 12". Brag: I can't beleive how empathetic DS is. I was crying this weekend (as I've been a lot lately) and he just snuggles up and puts his head on my lap.

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you?  ~~ Its just hard. Neice runs my patients down and then I have none left for DS. I love having her here and want her permanently. I know some drama will go away once the court stuff is felt with. But man.... Best part is how much love and support they have in one another as siblings. 
  • Options

@whitmore1027 I think it’s good you guys are putting you energy into finances this month instead of TTC. The month after a CP is so hard so it’s good that you are finding something else to focus on. The climbing and running on the couch is the story of my life right now. I probably tell them to stop at least 500 times a day.
    @prpl11butterfly So cute your DS comforts you! FX you don’t O until Thursday!

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited March 2018

@eleven_ FX for this cycle!!! And yay for DD doing well with potty training! I'm so not ready to do this with my DS but at the same time I'm so done with him being in diapers lol.

@Whitmore1027 good luck with keeping DS off the couches, mine is now jumping off of them  :D And good for you for being less lazy, I'm still just as lazy, especially now that I can just tell DS to go get something and he will! Lol

ETA because we posted close together...

@prpl11butterfly Chill out ovaries!! Just a few more days then do what you want!!  ;) So sweet that DS comforts you! I'm jealous of that, lol. Stay safe in the snow!

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/1

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Meh, decent timing I think, but not holding my breath. I'm basing it off CM and position, I'll start OPKs and temping again next cycle.

Any questions? Nada

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave: I leave for Arizona tomorrow!! Rant: our flight is 6:05am so we'll be waking at 3:30  :s Also, DH and I bought an infant carrier at BRU this weekend to use up my rewards points before stores start closing, and the lady helping us get a box down from a high shelf made an assumption, a very wrong assumption and it just pissed me off. DH was holding DS, so I grabbed the box from her, it was a very light box. She asked if I was okay to grab it? I said yes, I'm good. Her next comment..."okay, just wouldn't want an early delivery." I was so stunned I just turned and walked away. I understand assuming someone's pregnant when they buy an infant carrier, fine, but apparently I'm so fat that I look like I could pop any time??? Ummm, no. I'm already self conscious enough about the baby weight I never lost after DS, but thanks lady for making me feel like complete sh*t...and I was wearing a loose fit shirt, not even anything tight!! 

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you? Best is watching this thing I created become a little human, a little boy, a person with his own personality. It amazes me every single time he does something new. Worst is probably not having the freedom to go out whenever we want to. DH and I used to love going to the bar/restaurants to watch games, or just get drinks and food and talk. We can't really do that now.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 people should not make assumptions. It's amazing watching them become "people" and develop personality. And hope you have a great trip!

Thanks ladies, hope my ovaries see the logic in waiting...
  • Options

@Whitmore1027 I'm sorry your feeling unsure about ttc. I get that way too sometimes. It's very draining. 

@eleven_ my DD is potty training too. Soooooo much easier than DS was!!!

@prpl11butterfly so sweet about your DS!

@cecilB93 eek! People! So sorry you had that experience!

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 15

WTO/TWW? Wto

Ages of other child(ren)? 3 1/2, 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Just not ready for another disappointing cycle. Ugh.

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: My DD turned 2 Saturday. I can't help but wonder if I'll ever have a 1 year old again. I'm taking in every second of her being this little! I just want to freeze time. She makes my heart so full.

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you? Best- loving them so much and being loved back so much. Watching then learn and grow.
    Worst- feeling like time is going too fast. Watching them struggle with insecurities. And lack of sleep haha.
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 2/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 21 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not very hopefully since my last LP af came at 8 dpo. Also scared that if I do get another BFP it’ll end in another CP. 

Any questions? Anyone have suggestions for increasing LP?

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave: The time change hasn’t seemed to affect DS at all which is amazing! Brag: He popped on the potty yesterday! He usually pees when we put him on it but yesterday he pooped so we were proud of him. lol We have friends staying with us and I told them it’s funny the things you get excited about as parents.

Best: Love someone so much, and having someone love me so much. His little hugs, he will just run up to us and hug our legs. I love watching him learn and grow and be able to look at his face and see him thinking.
    Worst: Probavlt not having the freedom to do what we want when want anymore.

@eleven_ That sounds like a fun party. I agree, I am always tired too. Ready for bed by 8:30-9 every night! 

@Whitmore1027 I had a chemical recently too. I am so sorry. Focusing on finances is a good idea. 

@prpl11butterfly I hope your body waits to O. I know they never like to do what we’d like them to do though. 

@CecilB93 Oh my gosh! That’s is terrible. I don’t know why people can’t think before they speak. 

@Kath525 Yes!! Time goes by WAY TOO FAST! It makes me sad.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

Cycle/Month? Month 3

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 10 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Probably not likely since no AF yet

Any questions? How long after weaning would you expect your period to come back? I'm only on week 2, but I think I might make an appointment if it isn't back by his 1st birthday.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rave: Little man didn't care about DST at all. He's still going to bed at 8, and he's actually sleeping in until about 7 instead of waking up at 5 to eat. Little unicorn.

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you? Best: the overwhelming, soaring love that I have for him, and seeing him learn new things every day. Worst: always feeling slightly guilty that I'm being pulled in so many different directions with work, home, and parenting. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @kns1988 mine came back about a month after I weaned DS. And. Damn you and @AdorkablePixie and your boys sleeping well still. DS was a nightmare to put to bed Sunday night. 
  • Options

Cycle/Month? 4/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not really, just need to decide if we're trying this cycle or not.  I'm having a hysteroscopy tomorrow which some sources say you can't have sex for 2 weeks afterwards and others say a few days.  If it's 2 weeks we'll miss FW so I'll see what my doc says tomorrow.  There's a chance I won't feel up to it this month anyway.  

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: My son keeps telling me he wishes he has a brother and it's really hard to explain that it's something we all want but it's something that might not happen.  Even though it wouldn't have been ideal for us, I feel guilty we didn't start TFAS earlier.  At this rate he'll be close to 6 before he ever gets a sibling.  

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you?  The best part is watching them learn and grow and figure out the world and getting to re-live everything through their eyes.  And snuggles.  The worst part is that it goes by way too fast.  I know everyone warns you they grow up too quick, but man, nothing prepared me for how fast time would really go.   
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    @kns1988 it also took me 4-5 weeks after weaning for AF to show up.
    @coco2787 my ds keeps asking for a little brother. That's really hard. **TW** with our most recent mc once we hit 6 weeks we told him we were pregnant. We never told him about the miscarriage so he thinks this baby is just taking a realllllly long time. Every now and then he'll ask howww muchhh longerrrrr. I fear we'll have to tell him soon.... End TW***
  • Options
    Tw** loss**

@Kath525

We told the kids around 6wks too. DH told them about the loss when he picked them up the night we found out. Niece understands being 9 but DS was a little confused. He was talking about the baby in my belly and "the baby we were getting for the cradle" after a couple days of reminding him we didn't get to keep that baby he stopped. He has since, on 2 occasions one just this morning, informed me that we need 2 babies now :scream:
  • Options

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 7/14

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)?  DD is 7 this week and DS is 5

Any thoughts about this cycle?  I am too optimistic and we haven't even had any unprotected sex yet, haha.  

Any questions?  None

Rant/Rave/Brag:. Rant, DS refused to get school pictures done today and Dd is in the middle of getting her anxiety meds switched, so that's been real fun.  

@coco2787, I am sorry you are feeling bad about the age gap, I really regret waiting so long for number 3.

@kath545, TW, we told DS about the miscarriage and he still sometimes asks about the baby like it is still coming.

• Options

What number are you trying for? #3

Cycle/Month? Cycle 5

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child? 4  & 2

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nothing of any significance! Still pretty early. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’ve got nothing today! 

GTKY: What is the best and worst part of being a parent for you? It’s hard to even put into words...watching them grow, seeing them happy... i pretty much love every aspect of being a mom. It was a long road to get them so most days i still feel so appreciative just for the chance. The worst part was definitely the sleep deprivation of the early months! And the fear that strikes when i worry I’m not doing it right. 

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options

@kns1988 I have not yet fully weaned DS but we are done to first thing in the morning and right before bed and I ovulated about a couple weeks later. I think doing that and him sleeping through the night consistently it what did it.

@coco2787 That is so hard. :( I'm thankful DS isn't old enough to ask for a sibling yet, but we had friends over this weekend who have a 5 month old and he LOVED him.

@holly321 Being optimistic is good though! :)

@Laurakat81 I always say that people who struggled to get pregnant seem to appreciate their kids more. Not that people who don't struggle don't love and appreciate their kids, but it's just that our struggle makes it so much more for us. (I hope that doesn't offend anyone.)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options

@laurakat81 and @adorkablepixie We had struggles too and I do feel just very appreciative she's here most of the time. But of course I don't know if other moms feel the same way too. 

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO 

Ages of other child(ren)? 1

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope not really

Any questions? Will I ever sleep again???

Rant/Rave/Brag: We are having so many sleep problems the last few days. Between the time change, teeth, and now I think she's getting sick, the last two nights have been full of screaming wake ups and it takes forever to get her back to sleep. Then NO nap yesterday, which never happens. Bahhhhh

I love being a mom. Just watching her grow and learn is so much fun. Worst part right now is definitely sleep deprivation lol . And sometimes it would be nice to be able to just go do whatever we want again without worrying about naps and stuff.
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg