Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Mon 3/12

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food?

*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: WTO Mon 3/12

• edited March 2018
    Month/Cycle: 7/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Gonal-F, Ovidrel, IUI, Endometrin

R/R: Had a follie scan yesterday. The nurse who performed it did a crap job. Usually the ultrasounds don't bother me at all but she was swirling that wand around like she was trying to dig something out of me. Good lord. She said she only found one lead follicle :\ otherwise didn't give me any information on the size or if there were others following or anything. Every time I tried to ask a question she'd shush me and say "Just a second" while squinting intensely at the screen. She wasn't one of the usual ultrasound techs and I got the impression she didn't quite know what she was doing. Awesome. Anyway, RE said I need to do 3 more days of Gonal-F at 125 per night. Christ, this is a lot of FSH. I've already taken 100 iu per night over 5 nights. I remember my last cycle I responded a lot faster, and generally when I respond slower the results aren't fabulous. Ugh. And now I have to order another $300 pen so that's more money down the toilet in the likely event that this cycle fails. But at least now I know before heading into IVF that I'm going to need higher doses of FSH to get enough eggs to make it worth my while. At this rate, though, I may not be able to afford IVF until next year. The meds alone will probably end up costing $1500-$2000. It's incredible how my AMH is over 8 but it takes this much medicine to get my ovaries to perk up. I thought PCOS gals were prone to over-responding. Blah. In any case, I have another ultrasound on Wednesday. Fingers crossed upping the dose a bit will get my girls to pop a couple more follicles so I have a better chance of this working.

ETA: GTKY - Indian food!!! ALL the palak paneer!

@LJMoon6 - Sorry about AF but I'm glad you had a nice weekend! Sometimes the RE's office will bill certain tests so they go through insurance. Ovulatory dysfunction is apparently a billable expense so initial consultations are covered (as are some tests) but otherwise I have to pay out of pocket. Sure is a bummer! Hopefully your OB will help you out though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, CP, OPK, PN

R/R: I am in a very determined mood. We had the 2nd week of Financial Peace University last night, and just getting our butts into gear, out of debt, and into savings really has me in thought. I am searching hard for a full time job, in addition to my part time job. I will keep both. My H is working his butt off at getting his promotion at work (That has been promised for over a year now). His income is pretty low right now, but he is so afraid of leaving and missing this opportunity and starting from scratch. So he plans on staying loyal and we just hope HR opens up the new sales positions that is needed. So, while he does that, I'll work 2 jobs. It's our only chance at living expenses and paying off debt as fast as possible. Time to stop being lazy and just skating by.

CS/Q: I hate that I had to miss yesterdays BBT. :( I like organized, and my slight OCD does not like the missing temp.

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? Pho! OMG I could eat Pho literally every single day. It is heaven in a bowl of broth and noodles. I haven't had it in a while, and now I am craving it so badly!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temping, charting, OPK's, B complex, CoQ10

R/R: Ehh, monday. got a good workout in, at least. 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? My super boring, unadventurous palate likes Italian and Mexican the best.  :D I'm really not a fan of Indian, Chinese, and other heavily spiced food.  
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @LJMoon6 Looking at those homes sounds so fun!! I love house shopping, especially ones we would NEVER afford! Hahaha! YAY for paying off a student loan! My heart perked up at seeing that! I love seeing people being responsible with their money and using it to better themselves in the long run. It's not as fun as using that money on material items, but once you are out of debt, you will have soo much money to have fun with! It's so great you have good co-workers you can confide in! We spend so much time at work, that we HAVE to have good relationships at work.
    @wishiwaspreggo Ugh that sonographer sounds horrible! I hate that she wasn't personal with you at all. FX for more follicles!
    @fantasyflyte YAY for positive OPK! Get it girl! Lol
    @rosebud332 I need to try more Indian food. I don't even know if I have ever had any!

• @LJMoon6 - sorry about your crummy CD1. I swear it feels like the cramps are worse and taunting you. *hugs*. I'm in the same boat as you RE: testing, etc. My insurance has it set up so any diagnostic tests for infertility or the treatment for underlying medical condition causing the infertility are covered BUT any infertility treatments (IUI, IVF, etc. are NOT covered). When you get your initial consult, I'd mention your coverage to the doc. They should be trying to help you out and code it (esp the early stuff) to help get it covered. Are you on regular insurance? Can you also talk to your benefits coordinator at your job or get a hold of your schedule of benefits to see what might be covered? 

@wishiwaspreggo - wow, that's shocking that you need so much meds to get your ovaries into gear. and that tech sounds awful. Did you say anything to your RE about her? if you weren't getting your questions answered, i might be giving them a heads-up. 

@fantasyflyte - YAY for positive OPK! and wow, that's a low temp. FX!

@rosebud332 - hope you have a good visit with your MIL today!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Mmmm! Yes to Italian! And of course I love Mexican food...or Texmex here in Texas. lol
    @galactickates Ohh same here!! I love that picture! And I am still recovering from the night shift this weekend, so the time change really messed me up this morning. It was SO hard getting up. But H had to go to work, so I had to get up! I think multiple cups of coffee are in store today.

• @eleven_ I am guilty of going in and changing the time too...hahaha. I wonder if the time changed messed up timing? Since I was testing about 7am every morning, and now it's technically 8am when I tested? I totally didn't think about that! Yay for the 8% bonus!! That is such good news!!

• @eleven_ congrats on the raise!! That's awesome! 

@Whitmore1027 I feel like I need 10 gallons of coffee to get me through this day
  • @galactickates I really can't remember if I saw this on here on TB somewhere, or if I saw it on facebook. (I am so tired lol) but I will share anyway!

• @Whitmore1027 - oh man, now I want pho!!!!! It's sooooooo good. I tried to make it at home but failed :( I don't have the spice cabinet to keep up with Vietnamese (or my favorite, Indian) cuisine. I really, really want to learn one day.

@eleven_ - way to go on your bonus!!!! 8% is a nice little sum of money :) I bet you're thrilled! And I understand about the "competition" feel. ****TW - pregnancy/kids mentioned**** My best friend and W's best friend have already lapped us (my BF had her second last November and W's bestie is pregnant now with her second and we had our first before both of them so... we feel behind. Logically, of course, we understand that their family planning has nothing to do with ours but it still kind of stings. I'm already kind of worried about the age gap and I'm not even pregnant yet and only have a prayer of a chance at getting pregnant this cycle).

And fuck daylight savings time. Seriously. I hate it. I will feel jet-lagged for a whole week. And we don't even have the benefit of it being warm and spring-ish outside yet :( If it's going to be daylight longer it better be warmer, too, dammit. I'm so over it being 30-40 degrees and overcast. It's almost mid-March! Get it together, Indiana!
  • @galactickates How did I miss your post? I HATE daylight savings time too. I like how it stays light longer now, but I wish we could just stay on this time. I woke up this morning feeling like I had only been asleep for an hour. I have already had my one cup of coffee, but I keep thinking of going and getting a second. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • LJMoon6  Ugh.. sorry your AF was such a beast! That is so awesome your colleague is so understanding!
    wishiwaspreggo Ugh.... I feel like ovaries are such a mystery.... they have an idea and your body just does whatever it wants. Hoping more follies pop up... In my IVF's Ive mostly stimmed slowly and it sucks, but it can work!
    fantasyflyte  Yay! catch that egg!
    rosebud332 Yum indian food too. I'm in NYC and for sure theres Indian take out
    Whitmore1027  I hate missing a temp day too! Also so amazing you are being so organized about paying down debt!!
    catlady2015 I'm with you also on the Italian, but the only thing I like about Mexican food is guac and tortillas :) lol 
    galactickates     Yay on the garage org! We have been in our house like 8 or 9 years and the basement can still tend to be a hot messssss. 
    eleven_  Awesome bonus! Ugh it can be stressful when a friend is also ttc! I hope you BOTH get pg! Would be amazing.

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Prep for FET

R/R: I got my PIO and should be getting the rest of my meds this week. Also had to do my pre cycle blood work this morning (STD testing, Thyroid testing, vitamin levels)

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? Chinese probably... 
  • @eleven_ - I think we posted at the same time lol. I seriously thought H was messing with me when he woke me up this morning.  It was so dark out and I was so tired I thought he was joking.  But who would joke about something so evil?  I'm already on coffee #2. It's going to be a 3 cup day
  • @LJMoon6 Have you heard of the debt snowball? That's what my H and I do. We paid off about 12k in one year (then kind of stopped because we started to literally only make enough to live off of once I stopped working). Start with your very smallest bill, attack it like CRAZY with all extra money you have (make a zero based budget, live off beans and rice, live on less than you make), then once it's paid off, put that minimum payment to your next highest debt. DON'T go based on interest rate. It's a behavior thing. Seeing each debt paid off makes it an emotional thing, and you will be more willing to pay off debt quicker, as you get rid of them. Each time you pay off a debt, always roll that minimum payment to the next one. Once you get to those higher debts, you will be able to put more and more money to it, and you can be out of debt SUPER quick. It works!
    SO sorry if I gave unwanted advice. I get SO passionate about this. I want to teach people about finances and help people with getting out of debt and making budgets, so I get carried away. Hahaha...
    @wishiwaspreggo I am toooo afraid to make Pho at home. I just know it'll never be the same. Haha. My H wants to huge spice variety too! That would be great!

• Month/Cycle:17/17

CD:3

WAYDTGKU:bbt,opk,cm,hio

R/R: Tried mandarin greek yogurt this morning wow brought me back to public school when I use to buy cream icicles at lunch.

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? Chinese 
  • @Whitmore1027 No it is appreciated.  I like talking finances. I've never really looked into specific types of programs (or whatever you would call them). But our plan is to pretty much do what you've described.  We'll focus first on my student loans, the smallest ones first regardless of the interest rate (they are all very similar anyways). Then we'll move on to our cars, then our mortgage...  I get so excited thinking about living a debt free life!  I just wish we could pay them off faster!
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @Whitmore1027 - way to go with your financial plan!! I'm doing the same thing :) It helps a lot to see that debt dwindle. I've been suffering setbacks with my fertility treatments but I've been doing better than I have in the past. And yes, once you can start snowballing those payments you start to make awesome progress. Keep it up!
    @maureenmce - YUM!!!!!! I love Mexican food too! I can actually cook really good Mexican food. I made pollo poblano and Mexican rice for a friend of mine and she said it tasted just like her mom's cooking (she's 1st generation Mexican-American). I was very proud of myself for that.

So I heard from my nurse and it turns out I do have 2 follicles that are 12 mm and 9 mm. Would've been cool if the u/s tech was more forthcoming because I was freaking out for no reason. Having 2 lead follicles makes me feel better than just 1. That was a similar outcome to my last cycle so I'll take it :) looking forward to news on Wednesday and hopefully I won't need another ultrasound but we shall see!
  • Month/Cycle: 24/17

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: This week? drs drs drs.

R/R: Rant- another snowstorm incoming. I just hope we don’t lose power this time! Rave- I’ve been so busy lately! It sounds kind of silly to be excited about it, but I’ve found that I can get so down about TTC if I’m too idle. I have a healthier view on it if I don’t spend too much time dwelling. 

CS/Q: Not a question, but my first chart in a while is going to be all messed up because I had to replace my thermometer this past weekend :(

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? This thread has made me so hungry! I’ll try pretty much anything once. I love Indian food (especially getting it delivered in the winter). Korean and Ethiopian are really good too! Unfortunately I don’t have a takeout place for either nearby. I got so spoiled by NYC. 

@LJMoon6 and @Whitmore1027 It’s great seeing all the budget-savvy ladies in here! Everything got so much easier for DH and I once we had an emergency fund set up- getting away from scrambling to pay unexpected expenses was our biggest victory!
  • @wishiwaspreggo That's awesome that you can cook Mexican food so well! I need to up my game. Basically I just eat what my husband cooks and buy Mexican food out. I want to learn how to make tamales someday, maybe I should do that this year.
  • @maureenmce - CoQ10 is CoEnzyme Q10. I found out about it by reading It Starts with the Egg. Some of the other ladies on the board also take it, so I took notice when I read it in the book. It's supposed to help improve egg and embryo quality. (p. 110). A scientific article discussing its use in women of reproductive age can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4568976/. As far as safety, it's certainly safe to take while not pregnant, but would probably mention it to your doc if you do start taking it and see if they advise whether or not it's safe to take while pregnant. There's some mixed reviews about its safety in pregnant women. 

If you do take it, try to find ubiquinol, not ubiquinone. They are both forms of CoQ10, but ubiquinol is the more readily available form and is easier for the body to break down. It's also (unfortunately) more expensive than ubiquinone, but you can take less ubiquinol to see a benefit. I think you need to take at least 200mg of ubiquinone to get the same effects of 100mg ubiquinol. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Thanks so much for the info!
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited March 2018

@holly321 OMG girl! Yes!!! So happy you are off the bench! ETA: I was so happy, I didn't even read your question. I usually have EWCM for 2 days leading up to O.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @holly321 that's so awesome!!!! I'm so happy to hear that!  Hopefully you get your bfp right away!  FX!  <3
  • @holly321 Yay! Congrats on being unbenched!! <3
    @maureenmce Girl, feel free to DM me, and I would love to give you some starting points! Getting financially stable and taking charge of them are SO stress relieving, it's amazing. I basically do everything that Dave Ramsey recommends. We have our debt snowball set up, we do a zero based budget every single month, we do cash (as much as we can, we pay so much online, that we have trouble with cash). But I would love to give you ideas on how to start!
    @Kath525 Wow! 3 masters! That is super impressive! And I can just imagine that loan debt! So great that you are working on getting it paid off!
    @lin0442 Oh yes, having an emergency fund is the best! We keep a starter fund (only $1000). One day, my H blew out a tire, and instead of worrying about paying for it, we just used our emergency fund, then built it back up the next month and moved on! It was fantastic! And we don't use credit cards, so we aren't tempted EVER to use one.
    @wishiwaspreggo Oh yeah, I can imagine that the fertility costs soo much and makes it hard for debt, but I think going about your plan and growing your family is great!

• @lin0442 and @Whitmore1027 An emergency fund is necessary! I don't understand how people can live without one. There have been so many times where we have had to dip into ours ever since we bought our house. My parents don't have an emergency fund so I think growing up seeing there struggles really made me money conscience. MH and I might be a little crazy in that we like to have a very large "cushion." It really helped out when MH was out of work for 3 months because of a broken wrist.  
    *TW* TTC history

• Month/Cycle: honestly I can’t keep this straight but I guess I’ll go from my cp so 4/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Temping, checking CM, OPKs, BDing, Vitex

R/R: Rant: I was 8 dpo when AF showed up. My first cycle/period on my own since before DS. I hope my next LP is longer.

CS/Q: Q: anyone have suggestions to make LP longer? I’ve already heard vitamin B-6 and vitamin B complex. Progesterone cream too. Anything else that has worked for any of you?

GTKY: What's your favorite type of foreign food? Probably Chinese! I also love lasagna and tiramisu and that’s Italianv, so Italian too. lol

@LJMoon6 That parade of houses sounds awesome! Sorry CD1 was so rough. It’s nice to have someone at work who knows what’s going on, isn’t it? I told my manager back when we were going through treatment and she was so supportive. It was nice to have someone at work who knew what was going on.

@wishiwaspreggo Wow!! That nurse who did the scan should be fired. I’d get pissed if someone told me to shh when I was trying to ask questions. It only takes one follicle though! I did see you have two, so that’s even better! But remember, it takes just one. FX for you!!

@fantasyflyte Yuck to the snow. I like orange chicken too. Yum. I want some Chinese food now!

@eleven_ I totally get when you mean about your best friend. I’ve been there. 

@Whitmore1027 I love that image. lol This morning I tried to drink my coffee before I had even made it. I got the cup to my lips before I realized it was empty. lol

@Stargazer1lily Mandarin Greek yogurt sounds so good!! Have you had the mango? That’s pretty good. 

@maureenmce So you use my fitness pal? That’s what I use. Hopefully you’re able to get back to your walks as normal ASAP. What did you do to your foot? 

@holly321 Yay for being back in the game. I don’t even get EWCM before O. I just get watery. It’s usually 2-3 days before O.

I think I responded to everyone. Or at least tried to! I hoped everyone had a good Monday. :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • @AdorkablePixie Hey, sorry, ran out of time to respond yesterday - I slipped and fell at work on the concrete floors in the hallway and hurt my foot. Luckily, though I was afraid at first it was broken, it seems to be healing nicely. Just pushed myself a bit too far yesterday and need to rest more. And yeah, I use My Fitness Pal and really like it!

@Whitmore1027 I'd love some pointers! I'll DM you!
  • @maureenmce Oh no!! I am glad it is healing. Take it easy! Those types of injuries take FOREVER to heal. I hurt my foot once and was in  boot for close to TWO MONTHS! It was torture.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018