November 2018 Moms
Options

Appointments and Updates 3/11-3/17

I saw the idea mentioned somewhere for a thread about weekly appointments and appointment updates... I figured Sunday would be a good day begin. If you have an appointment this week feel free to comment/discuss! I know a lot of us are still waiting for our first appointment, so hearing from others who have past that hurdle might be helpful.

When is your appointment?

What will be addressed during the appointment?

Comments/Concerns/Questions?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Appointments and Updates 3/11-3/17

• Options
    I'll be calling a few OBGYNs tomorrow to try to find one that handles high risk pregnancies and that has a schedule/location that works with my job. 

Initial visit so I assume they will confirm the pregnancy. I want to ask for some blood work to be drawn.

I got my BFP yesterday (3/10) and the only way I'm estimating how far along I am is based on when we bd. I have PCOS so my cycles are never regular. I'm also a type 2 diabetic, so I need to find out if any of my medications need to be changed ASAP. 
    After DS was born prematurely, I had severe depression and gained almost 80lbs. I had weight loss surgery in 2016 (*TW* ended up having a chemical pregnancy that summer) and, while I'm still over weight, I managed to lose 100lbs. I want to ask if there is anything I need to do differently with this pregnancy since I know my body absorbs things differently now.
    I just have to add, I am the MOST impatient person. I hate waiting with a passion! I'm trying hard to focus on one day at a time. Today I am pregnant, today I am happy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today. I feel slightly sick about it, which makes no sense because...

... it's just an intake appointment. But when I asked if I could bring my toddler, they said it would take an hour, so either they're overestimating or something other than peeing will occur. I didn't have an intake with my first pregnancy (different practice) so I don't know what to expect.
    I'm nervous for no good reason. 
  • Options
    Today. I feel slightly sick about it, which makes no sense because...

... it's just an intake appointment. But when I asked if I could bring my toddler, they said it would take an hour, so either they're overestimating or something other than peeing will occur. I didn't have an intake with my first pregnancy (different practice) so I don't know what to expect.
    I'm nervous for no good reason. 
    I completely understand - I have been feeling so nervous, too! It's partially just the person I am, which is a worry wart. My husband tells me I need to relax and be positive - easier said than done!
  • Options
    Thanks @babyfeverbeliever
    Just got out, it was just to take history and schedule appointments, tell me about their appointment schedule. I didn't even do a urine test. So that was easy. Now I'm going to get a cheeseburger because I finally want to eat and drink today.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
     When is your appointment? Tomorrow @ 11AM

What will be addressed during the appointment? I dunno honestly, the normal 1st appt stuff?

Comments/Concerns/Questions? Not really... a little concerned cause the nurse said the doctor got my betas and wants to see me tomorrow and they're squeezing me in. I'd had spotting so I assume that's the main concern/issue they want to address aside from the 1st appt stuff, but still slightly worrisome when they say they want to see you right away  :s

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts oh yeah I would not care for that wording either. I think health care providers get so used to being around early pregnancy all the time that they forget how it feels to be in the trenches. They don't necessarily word things carefully because they don't realize how intensely we're going to scrutinize it.  Will be thinking about you in the meantime.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    So I had my first appointment with the 2nd OB (I don't have a regular so I'm shopping...). The office was crowded but the staff was friendly. I really like the doctor as well. However, the scheduling lady really really ticked me off. The doctor told her to get me a dating ultrasound ASAP. Apparently, to the scheduling lady that meant April 10th
  • Options
     When is your appointment? It was this morning.

Ugh, I guess it was just to confirm pregnancy. When I called to make the appointment, the nurse told me she'd book me around 7 weeks because "they'll be more likely to see a heartbeat." I don't know why she said that if I wasn't going to have an US. They changed my EDD from 11/03 to 11/06, so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. She could tell that I was anxious about viability, so she said she'd add a beta draw to my blood work. Maybe that'll be enough to calm me if it comes back okay.

First US is scheduled for 03/30. Can't wait!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I'm sorry they didn't do an u/s and your appt didn't go quite as you expected. FX for an extra reassuring beta!

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    It was today!

Confirmation of pregnancy, dating scan and exam.

Confirmed I was 6w5d and got my EDD. Discussed what testing we wanted to do and got meds for my awful all day sickness.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks @lurvleybunchococonuts! I really shouldn't complain. I just don't know why the scheduling nurse would've said that. Grrr!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Going for my 2nd beta tomorrow morning, fingers crossed it increases and I'll be able to schedule an appointment for a dating ultrasound on Monday. I'm feeling very anxious so if you could send positive vibes I'd appreciate it!
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 Oh no! I'm so sorry you didn't get an US today. I know how anxious you've been feeling.  :/ I hope the next 2 weeks until your US goes by quickly and you can find some peace until then. So glad you get a beta soon! 
    @middleschoolmommy What? April 10th is ASAP? That stinks. I'm so sorry you have to wait so long. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 - how frustrating when you think you’re going to get to see baby and you don’t get to. I hope the beta number is great! 

@ginger-snap - I hope your second beta is great!! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 that’s frustrating! Hopefully the bloodwork can give you peace of mind until the u/s

@gingersnap-mama sending good juju! 

• Options
    @babyptobe that is disappointing! I know how anxious I am to announce. I'm terrified the same thing will happen to me at my dating ultrasound (still 2.weeks away!) because I also have long and irregular cycles. Did you get to see a heartbeat yet? 
  • Options
    Don't mind me... my appointment isn't until April so I am going to live vicariously through you ladies for now  ;)

@wannaflickone, I was one of the ones that had basically no symptoms during my entire pregnancy except severe heartburn which kicked in 1st tri and I had every day until my DD was born.  Try not to worry, no symptoms can be perfectly normal... maybe you will be one of the lucky ones!

@gingersnap-mama, good vibes, good vibes!

@middleschoolmommy, that would annoy me!  Are you still shopping for an OB?  Maybe another could do a scan sooner, still?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had an emergency appointment today. Texted my GP last night about symptoms, and he had me head to his ER this morning. It's out of town and an hour from my house. I cried most of the way. Because.. hormones make stress worse haha. 

He's gonna call tonight when my husband gets home, and give us the beta results. That way I'm not alone if it's bad news. 
    Luckily though, I tested positive for a UTI, so that explains some of the symtoms. And a subchorionic bleed would explain the rest. 
    I have my fingers crossed. 

He even attempted an ultrasound for me, but as a GP/ER doc he's not trained for early OB US except to rule out ectopic. Plus I have wonky anatomy, so we weren't able to see anything. 
    I guess I'll know more tonight!
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 Oh, friend, I am so so sorry for the stress you're going through right now. That is so scary. I'm glad you were able to get in for an emergency appointment, but I'm sorry the person wasn't skilled at doing early US. Please let us know when you get your beta result. I'll be crossing my fingers so hard for you today.

*TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @offtoneverland thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart! I really appreciate your support!
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 fx and praying everything is okay <3 hope you get good news tonight

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @babybrain2018 fx and prayers for you and lo! Hope you are resting and get nothing but good news tonight!
  • Options
    mockingjay1mockingjay1 member
    edited March 2018
    @babybrain2018 - FX you get good news tonight! 
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @babybrain2018 oh how scary! I’m so sorry you are dealing with this and I hope you get good news tonight. Saying a prayer for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Praying for all of you guys with these stresses and anxieties. I know mine are high too, and reading all of yours for different reasons just makes me realize we're all in the same boat for different reasons. Fingers crossed for everyone to have a happy & healthy 9 months! <3 
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • Options
    Wow! Thank you so much everyone. Your support is so appreciated! You've made me tear up. You are all wonderful!
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 that's terrifying.  Everything crossed for good results tonight, keep us updated.  
  • Options
    So the doctor called just now. 
    The lab screwed up and did the wrong kind of test. (they we're supposed to determine the HCG levels, but instead basically just did a pregnancy test). So they told him "yep. She's pregnant!" And he's like, " yes, I KNOW that already..."
    Ha. So he's hoping they stick to protocol and keep the blood sample for 24 hours and can do the proper test tomorrow. 
    Otherwise I have to wait till Monday to go get blood drawn again at a local clinc. 

So now I have to wait longer to find out.

Good news is, I'm not having pain unless I move around! Though work might be tough tomorrow. 

Here's hoping I get the results tomorrow!
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 What?!?  That stinks!  I hope they can do the blood test tomorrow!
    Infertility Journey (in spoiler because it's way too long and child/loss mentioned)
    Married: 08/09/2013; TTC #2
    Me: 31, possible PCOS and Septate Uterus (Septum removed in November 2017)
    DH: 31, MFI (Low Count and Low Motility)
    July 2017 - IUI #1 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    August 2017 - IUI #2 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    September 2017 - IUI #3 - Letrozole 2.5 mg, no trigger, Prometrium 100 mg 2x a day - BFN
    November 2017 - Uterine Septum removed
    December 2017 - IVF Consultation
    January 2018 - IVF #1 - Retrieval 1/24 - 2 Day 3 embryos (1 transferred fresh, 1 frozen) and 2 Day 5 embryos frozen
    February 2018 - Fresh Transfer - Transfer 1/27 (1 day 3 embryo) - BFN
    March 2018 - FET #1 - Transfer 3/2 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP!  1st beta (10dp5dt) - 101; 2nd beta (17dp5dt) - 3061! Due 11/18/2018
    March 2018 - Remaining embryos lost in malfunction.

October 8, 2018 - Son born at 34 weeks and a day due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome.  Spent 13 days in the NICU.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

June 2019 - IVF #2 - Cancelled - Cyst on Ovary
    July 2019 - IVF #2 Take 2 - Retrieval 8/1 - 5 Day 5 embryos frozen
    August 2019 - FET #1 - Cancelled - No Trilaminar Lining
    September 2019 - FET #1 - Transfer 9/25 (1 day 5 embryo) - Chemical Pregnancy - 1st beta (9dp5dt): 110; 2nd beta (14dp5dt): 357; 3rd beta (16dp5dt): 188; 4th beta (23dp5dt): 7
    November 2019 - FET #2 - Transfer 11/6 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFN
    December 2019 - FET #3 - Transfer 12/11 (1 day 5 embryo) - BFP! - 1st beta (8dp5dt): 102; 2nd beta (15dp5dt): 2636! Due 08/28/2020

August 13, 2020 - Son born at 37 weeks an 6 days due to failed BPP (Gestational Diabetes).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @babybrain2018 I'm so sorry, what wretched luck that they screwed up the test! I'm sorry for the stress, lady. Keep us updated, we'll be thinking about you!
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @babybrain2018! I'm sorry the lab messed up. I hope they kept the blood and can run it asap tomorrow!
    *TW*
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses

• Options
    @babybrain2018 So sorry the lab messed up! It's been a couple days, do you have any news yet? FX for all good news!!
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @tessiesmom26 awe thanks for checking in! No news yet other than the doc called Sunday night to say they hadn't kept the sample and I would have to go for a redraw. 
    So I went yesterday morning. Hopefully it's not screwed up this time...
    I imagine I should have results today, though hopefully my dog will let us sleep today, so I'll have to wait until the evening to find out. I won't get through another night shift if I can't sleep today!

The good thing is I was insanely nauseated all night.  Apparently that's a good sign!
  • Options
    @tessiesmom26 yes, they we were able to hear the heartbeat which was so special. Instant waterworks!