Baby Names

Sib for Evelyn (boy)?

HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
edited March 2018 in Baby Names
We are currently team green. What goes well with older sister Evelyn? Last name two syllables and starts with B.

Sib for Evelyn (boy)? 40 votes

Landon
15% 6 votes
Julian
45% 18 votes
Alton
12% 5 votes
Logan
22% 9 votes
Landon
5% 2 votes

Re: Sib for Evelyn (boy)?

• Voted for Julian but also like Alden instead of Alton. The others feel too trendy to me with a popular but classic name like Evelyn.
  • Thanks! We already have an Alden in the family, or else it would be our front-runner :) We still might use as a middle name. Other suggestions for classic names welcome! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Also poll has Landon twice - second one was meant to be Donovan.
  • Thanks! We already have an Alden in the family, or else it would be our front-runner :) We still might use as a middle name. Other suggestions for classic names welcome! 
    If the Alden in your family is someone you see a lot, I’d avoid any name that sounds too similar but wouldn’t avoid using Alden as a Middle if that was a favorite before the other Alden was born.  Other suggestions to go with Evelyn other than Julian which I love-

Benjamin
    Thomas
    Frederick
    Oliver
    Patrick
    Samuel 

• HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited March 2018
    Love Sam but it rhymes with our last name! I also forgot about Sebastien aka Seb. The Alden is my first cousin, who is only 14 and we do see him once or twice a year. Often enough to nix it.
  • Tie between Julian and Alton

• You redeemed your list with Donovan
  • Donovan is my favorite from your list.

I will admit it seems a bit “random” with such a classic name like Evelyn in your sibset. But I’m a matchy person so it may not matter at all to you.

Suggesting:
    William
    Theodore
    Henry
    Alexander
    Andrew
    Charles
    Christopher
    Daniel
    Oliver

Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Do all the names have to end in 'n'? I am so over boys names (esp 2 syllable names) that end in 'n'. Every boy I know is named Landon, Hayden, Ethan, Aidan, Brayden, Caden, Declan, Gavin, Nathan, etc. Use something like Oliver, Alaister or Elliot!
  • Do all the names have to end in 'n'? I am so over boys names (esp 2 syllable names) that end in 'n'. Every boy I know is named Landon, Hayden, Ethan, Aidan, Brayden, Caden, Declan, Gavin, Nathan, etc. Use something like Oliver, Alaister or Elliot!

Well said!!!!
  • HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited March 2018
    Ha, I appreciate the point. My name, Dh’s name, and my daughter all end in N so that’s probably why I’m drawn to it.

Everyone keeps mentioning Oliver but it’s way too popular in my neck of the woods. I like Elliott but is that too much with Evelyn?
  • They are close. I thought about that after I suggested it. I love Oliver with sister Evelyn, even if it is popular. Other ideas:

Nicholas
    Christopher
    Alexander
    Spencer
    Gabriel
    Elias (nn Eli is adorable)
    Arthur
    Bennett/Beckett
    Noah
    Miles