September 2018 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/2

Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 3/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m sorry you’re under all that pressure @smsaulino. The stress will eventually end. I can’t imagine doing school pregnant! I hope you take it easy on yourself and cut yourself some slack!

I cried because it snowed so much last night and DH had to get up early to snow blow. 
  • Options
    @Starla That’s amazing news!!

@pourmeamocktail I’m sorry. That’s the worst. I hope you get a little rest before work (if that’s possible with LO!). 
  • Options
    Currently want to cry for several reasons:
    1. I have not slept past 3 am all this week due to needing to pee, DS crying out in his sleep, H snoring, or my dogs being loud.
    2. I've essentially been awake since 315 this morning.
    3. Daycare is closed today since the providers daughter has tested positive for the flu. This sucks because I'm now forced to use PTO to stay home with my son, and now we're all at higher risk of getting the flu too. 
    4. We got 5 inches of snow overnight and are forecasted to get up to 12 and it's heavy with ice underneath. I have a couple branches that are hanging on my fence that are worrying me a bit.

So much for it being Friday.
  • Options
    ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited March 2018
    @starla that is wonderful news!! 

I almost started crying at dinner at the restaurant last night. My parents have been here visiting all week. We were always very close, and when I moved across the country it was the first time we weren’t all together on a weekly basis. But I’m having a lot of trouble dealing with their personality changes due to aging, especially my dad. Today is my mom’s birthday, I took off work and planned all this fun stuff that she will love, and I’m already anticipating my dad complaining and snapping at us all day. Wish me luck! 
  • Options
    @ashh2018 Thank you! GL with your dad. My dad is difficult, too, and it's getting worse with age so I can totally relate. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    DH is being a jerk and is blaming everything I say on pregnancy hormones instead of owning up to his jerkiness.
  • Options
    @yosemite2018 that’s the most infuriating thing! Like, no, maybe my feelings are your fault and not just hormones. I’m sorry. 
  • Options
    The Movie Collateral Beauty.... I shouldn't have watched it. Bad idea. 
  • Options
    I’m leaving DS for the first time overnight.  :'(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Some people cut in front of me in the lunch line today... and got to all the fries before I could get any. Ugh. I literally started bawling right there during lunch in the hospital cafeteria. I had been day dreaming of french fries and strawberries since I was eating breakfast. I couldn't wait until the batch went out because I had to catch the next rail. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @smsaulino oh they are lucky you didn't get violent!! You don't jump ahead in a fry line! I'm mad for you 
  • Options
    Awww @Patience7150 That's so sweet! Thank you! Now I'm crying again!!! LOL

Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• Options
    Message from hubby: "hey, I'll be close to home next week so I think I can fly in tomorrow night and be home for like a day."
    Me: racing thoughts of all the things/excitement
    Next message from hubby: "nevermind."

Since it's already last minute how about you find out if you can actually come BEFORE telling your pregnant wife who hasn't seen you for 2 months and won't see you for another 2 months that you'll be home. Just a suggestion. Way to fuck with my emotions. It's not like I was already feeling totally crappy or anything.
  • Options
    @stothi Aww I'm sorry he got your hopes up. Hugs!
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Options
    @stothi oh that would make me so upset. So sorry :(.
  • Options
    I read the first draft of a piece my husband is presenting next week at some hipster music writing event, and it was about me, and so filled with love that I was sobbing by the end.

Also, so to not be totally insufferable I went H.A.M. on a chicken that wasn't defrosting fast enough. I just wanted to make stock, and before I could just throw the bird into the pot of water I needed to pull out the plastic bag full of gizzards. I got so frustrated at how long it was taking that I grabbed the half frozen bird, and while screaming and crying tore that thing apart with my bare hands in a fit of rage.

There was no plastic bag of gizzards in this brand of bird.
    The stock is really really good. 
  • Options
    Oh @stothi that was stupid of him to do to you! I’m sorry. Sending internet hugs your way!
  • Options
    ashh2018 said:
    Oh @stothi that was stupid of him to do to you! I’m sorry. Sending internet hugs your way!
    I thought it was a massive shitty stupid thing to do. I wanted to yell at him so badly but I don't like starting fights when he's away from home and all we have is words, you know? But at the same time, I'm so mad. I'm already frustrated that he'll be so close to home but still not close enough to matter and to have him just toss out there randomly, that hey, he'd just drop by the house tomorrow and then immediately turn around and say nope, nevermind, really puts the icing on the freaking suck cake.
    I am so bitter about how this project has been going with him basically living the frat boy life (yes, he's working but he has nights and weekends and holidays to himself to just hang with the other work guys) while I'm single momming it and now single momming it while pregnant. Everytime I'm having a shit day cause I'm sick and our toddler didn't sleep and I'm trying so hard to take care of myself and the kid and I'm literally just a walking pukey zombie and I ask what he's doing and he says, "well I slept in, went to brunch, took a nap, ordered a pizza, watched a movie and now I'm getting ready to go out with guy and guy for guy's birthday so I'll be out late drinking and need to sleep in again tomorrow," I just want to scream and break shit. I literally actually for realz don't remember the last time I slept through the night. I do remember the last time I went out to dinner or anywhere with a friend sans child, it was once in November. So yeah, it's been a while. Sorry for going full novel length rant but I'm so tired and so sick and so worn out that I struggle on a good day and his stupid drive by "I'm coming home/no I'm not," really fucked with me today and I'm so mad and sad about it. 
  • Options
    @stothi ugh that sucks! How far away is he most of the time? Even when he’s further, can he not fly home Friday night and back on Sunday?
  • Options
    @stothi That sounds so hard. I’m sorry you’re needing to deal with all of that! Any way a family member or friend can watch your LO for a day while you go out and get pampered? 
  • Options
    @stothi That sounds so hard. I’m sorry you’re needing to deal with all of that! Any way a family member or friend can watch your LO for a day while you go out and get pampered? 
    This. I hope you can get some you time!
  • Options
    @SkilledSailor my mom is coming over an extra time this weekend so I can get a little more sleep which is definitely my idea of pampered right now. Honestly I think the exhaustion is the worst part. Like if I could get enough sleep, I'd be able to handle everything else better. Being so tired it hurts 6.5 days out of 7 is so mentally and physically draining.

@yosemite2018 I haven't actually done the math to figure out how far he is. He moves around. Next week he'll be like a 6 hour drive or a 1-2 hour flight. But he's working the whole time with meetings/company dinners in the evenings so it's pointless to try to get together. Or not pointless but for me it's honestly too much time and money and hassel to maybe be able to see him for dinner one time. And who knows if I'll be pukey or ok? Definitely don't want to spend all that money and ask for favors for someone to watch my toddler so I can maybe have dinner with my husband or maybe be stuck in the hotel room puking :/ Normally he's been much farther away so time wise, but mostly money wise, it's not feasible for him to make it home. It'd be hundreds/a thousand bucks to come home for a night. We just can't afford it. I think the only reason it was maybe going to work for tonight was since the company has to pay for him to go from point a to point b with a layover somewhere, hubby was going to figure out how the layover could be here.   
    So the short answer to your question is yes, technically he could, but no we can't afford it :/ 
  • Options
    DD was NOT listening during her gym class this morning, and it brought the worst out in me, in front of like a dozen other parents.

And I only had enough energy to make dinner for us and now I just wanna go to sleep and I feel so guilty that I'm not playing with her. I let her have her pacifier and she's watching videos on her kindle while I'm curled up next to her trying not to fall asleep.

Not my best mom day. Double tears.