November 2018 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Let's start some fun! What is your unpopular opinion?

Me: 32 | DH: 33
Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                            BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    Mine might ruffle some feathers...or not. I'm not sure actually!

I really hate it when people post selfies of them with their voting stickers on facebook. It annoys the CRAP out of me!! To me it's like..."look at me! look at me! I am better than you if you don't hurry and vote!" Ugh.

Would love to know if others feel the same. Haha!

• Options

YAY UO!! I actually don't mind the I Voted pics, it's nice to see that some people I really thought wasn't going to vote actually vote. My biggest reason I did during the presidential election was to shut up this one person who could not stop trying to convince me to not vote the way I wanted to and was stressing me out during the last few months of pregnancy.

MY UO: I don't mind switching back and forth for Daylight Savings. My state is currently talking about making DST our permanent time zone. Like, we'll spring forward and never fall back again. But the Federal gov has to okay that kind of change, so who knows what'll happen. I'm just not happy about sunrises being pushed to after 8am and sunsets around 9pm.

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My UO—I really don’t like snark. It’s why I left TTGP.
    I don’t need a “safe space,” but like, I don’t see the point of going out of your way to be bitchy to a stranger for asking a question.
    Drive-by BFPs are annoying, and so are people who ignore TOUs, I get it, but it’s just as easy to ignore them. And IMO, the world could use some more kindness. I bet half of the drive-bys are people wanting to flip off the women in TTGP for gif-bombing them at some point. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @eleven_  And that's why it's an unpopular opinion.  ;)
  • Options
    @ashkee05 so much yes. It causes a reaction for me and I grew up with my dad smoking. You don't know who could be adversely affected by cigarette smoke and, unless it's a specified area, it's difficult to stay away from wandering or lingering smoke. 

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• Options
    @ashkee05 I actually completely agree with you. Mainly because when people do smoke in public, they still don't obey the rules. "Must be 10 feet from the entrance" to a building #1, isn't far enough, and #2, they don't do it. I was bringing my son to his pediatrician appointment last month, and some asshat was smoking RIGHT in front of the doors into the building. No freaking regard for other people and children. Because I hate confrontation, I just coughed really loudly and gave him the most horrible glare ever. But I am starting to get a spine so one of these days I will go off on someone for being so rude.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @ashkee05 I smoked on and off for 10 years in my late teens and twenties, and I completely agree. I’d go so far as to say it should be illegal. I mean companies are profiting off of poisoning millions of people every year with a highly addictive product.

Even worse, they target kids, low income people (who can’t afford the habit to begin with), and people of color. And yet, smoking is ok, but a few kids chow down on some tide pods and people lose their damn minds. It’s crazy. 
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I’m not sure how unpopular that opinion is going to be among a bunch of pregnant women (who hopefully don’t smoke) with super senses of smell! It seems like in some states smoking is basically outlawed (Hawaii, CA) in public spaces. 

• Options
    @lifesabeach85 @Whitmore1027 @concreteayngel yesss!! I knew I wouldn’t be alone!! 

And I get it won’t be with us but it was yesterday and I was surprised at how many people were pissy that I posted it. Lol oh well 
    nws
  • Options
    @ashkee05 my ILs are the people you speak of. Lol.  Most of them chain smoke, indoors. They don’t care who’s around. MIL brags about smoking through all of her pregnancies, and also laughs about that time her vet told her her dog would die of asthma if she didn’t quit. And yes, the dog died. 

I am soooo glad I will (hopefully) have a newborn in November and will have an excuse not to fly back for the holidays!! 
  • Options
    @ashkee05 I also grew up with a mom who smoked in the house. I absolutely HATE smoke now (and then) but it also aggrevates my asthma. I live in CO so it illegal in almost all public settings anyway, so that helps. I don't see many people in public smoking thankfully.

• Options
    @blue2mango soooo jealous, i wish Wisconsin would follow suit with that!!
    nws